Adios/adieu To Chiang Mai

PeaceBlondie

Well, I woke up to the sight of the clouds atop Doi Suthep, out my window, for about the 700th time this morning. I'll miss Chiang Mai. I'm not asking for an outpouring of farewells here - you folks outdid yourselves when I had my big wreck ten days ago. Just want to say thanks, and goodby.

I just realized that almost my entire two years in Thailand has been in Chiang Mai and Lamphun. So, living in Hua Hin will be very different. Those words of northern dialect that I learned may not come in handy.

As we say in Texas, "Now, y'all come down and see us, hear?"

Well, I woke up to the sight of the clouds atop Doi Suthep, out my window, for about the 700th time this morning.  I'll miss Chiang Mai.  I'm not asking for an outpouring of farewells here - you folks outdid yourselves when I had my big wreck ten days ago.  Just want to say thanks, and goodby.

I just realized that almost my entire two years in Thailand has been in Chiang Mai and Lamphun.  So, living in Hua Hin will be very different.  Those words of northern dialect that I learned may not come in handy. 

As we say in Texas, "Now, y'all come down and see us, hear?"

Good Luck with the move and better luck getting settled in Hua Hin.

Hope the move goes well. We look forward to reports from down south. I have good memories of Hua Hin, esp the first time I stayed at the Railway Hotel when it was still owned by the SRT (and cost 90B a night!)

Good Luck PB, remember dont lift anything too heavy , no matter how light you think it may be!!

Lets have a comaprison between the two places once you have settled in

I kinda liked Hua Hin.

God or Bhidda bless you

TP