100% Foreign Owned Export Company

Thaifisher

Hi there,

A question of mine was answered earlier in regards to setting up an online business in thailand, and I could use some more clarification on a few things.

I am wondering if a 100% foreign owned export company would be right for my business as i would be buying footwear directly from manufactureres in thailand, and shipping them myself directly from bangkok to the customers international address. I will not be manufacturing my own products, or advertising them in thailand etc. this is why i believe a 100% foreign owned export company would fit my business. however, i remember reading that we also have a condition on packaging products if we are export companies? i would have to package these items to send them overseas to a customer...the idea of loose footwear showing up at your door is silly, so i suppose i misunderstood that segment. anyway, i am wondering how i can go about registering a company like this in thailand. what body regulates this area of business? are we still subject to to the usual business taxes that thailand has? any help would be appreciated. also if you could provise any links to sites with more information, i would appreciate it. thankyou.

Registering a company in Thailand solely for the purpose of exporting to other countries allows foreigners to own 100% shares in the company. However, same regulations apply in the sense that you will need 3 shareholders to register the company so yourself included, you need to appoint two other shareholders. We firmly believe that a 100% Export Company best suits your stated objectives but you will need a full consultation with a licensed attorney to confirm all the needs of your planned company are addressed. You may choose to re-package products at your own discretion so long as there are no substantive alterations or changes made to the actual products being shipped. Bear in mind that since it is a Thai registered company, Thailand taxation laws apply with an exemption of the sales tax (7%) for export companies, for as long as you can show the bill of lading and other proof of export documents to the Revenue Department, you need not charge your clients with the VAT but you will still have to file VAT to the Revenue Department (even if it is at 0%). Sunbelt Asia and its diligent lawyers and paralegals can assist you in registering this type of company for you. You may visit our website www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com to learn more or contact us to discuss the matter in detail.*

Do you have any questions about getting a Visa for travel/business/retiring/investing in Thailand? Please “ask the visa expert” from Sunbelt Asia here: Thaivisa.com - Ask the Visa Expert from Sunbelt Asia

This information has been provided by Sunbelt Asia Co., Ltd. Sunbelt Asia has been the main sponsor of Thaivisa.com since 2002.

You can contact Sunbelt Asia at (66)2-642-0213 or email us here. Please visit our website for more information on doing business, working, investing, travelling, owning real estate, or starting your own business in Thailand at www.sunbeltasiagroup.com. We are located at 1 Ratchadaphisek Rd., Floor 26, Bangkok, Thailand 10400 and can easily be reached by public transportation.

*This does not constitute legal advice or serve as a substitute for direct legal consultation with a licensed attorney. The information is provided for educational purposes only and it may not account for the specific facts and laws that may be applicable to each individual’s situation. Also, there may be changes in the law that may affect your specific case so the answers provided here should not be considered to be applicable your personal situation.

Legal information is not the same as legal advice, which is the application of law by a licensed attorney to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend that you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice specific to the facts surrounding your case. This information does not take the place of discussions with a licensed lawyer and it does not create an attorney-client relationship between readers of the information and Sunbelt Asia, Co. Ltd. or any of its employees.

[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]