Ubuntu Group

Cloggie

Okay guys - if we all agree - lets make it 07:00pm - October 20th - Soi 8

Hope to see you all...

as stated earlier, i may arrive a bit late (i'll do my best to come as early as possible) but i will definitely join the meeting... by the way, i went to the place to see how it looks like... your regular farang pub i would say... beware (that maybe an issue for some of us, not for me), it's a yes-smoking zone... i quickly spoke with the manager, he confirmed there was free wifi but the only network i saw that had an essid related to soi8 was wpa encrypted so install wpa_supplicant before you come guys...

ubuntu uses the linux kernel and is therefore linux as much as debian is, the only argument otherwise could be from a philosophical viewpoint as to software freedoms and "choice".

p.s. sorry dont mean to hijack

i'm guessing you are referring to my first post, and being a bit pedantic my self, you are correct... i should have written 'linux is NOT ubuntu', not the other way around. ;>}

anyway, see you all tonight!

k

Internet speed is ok - no problems at all.

Network key: tiger2009

Happy hour, Heineken is now TB 70 a bottle :partytime2:

Have no GPS but Sukhumvit Soi 8 can't be difficult to find - behind Nana...

Edited by Cloggie

I was there ... arrived 18:50 stayed in the bar, checked everyone...

No one anywhere with any laptop... 19.30 I gave up...

The cappuccino sucks but the beer was ok.... I wonder where you were... And yes I was at the right place... checked again when I went out...

ermm.gif

Martin

We all where behind the bar - Urandom, ColinChapman, Dharmabam and Crashdepth

Just waiting for you, anyway in two weeks time (November 3rd) - next meeting.

More news will follow.

Ok forget me for now... I'm home and it's over an hour drive into soi8 so it has to be next time...

I wonder what you mean by behind the bar? I was having a beer at the bar and it is on the right side when you come in... Behind the bar would be outside in that case...

Martin

Edited by siamect

Hello,

It was nice meeting with very enthusiastic members Urandom, ColinChapman, Dharmabam and Crusdepth.

Unfortunately, Siamect could not find us although we were all there behind our laptops....

We talked about Ubuntu first but that later 'moved' to other IT related subjects as well like Windows XP, Windows 7, VNC and isseus we have at work!

We all look forward to the next meeting which will not only be about Ubuntu bud IT in general so more people can attend the meeting.

Anyway it was a nice evening and will organize a new meeting - had to leave early as I had to catch the latest bus to Pattaya again (11:00pm)

See you all again and hopefully more next time in Soi 8