Argentina calls on Britain to refrain from holding military exercises in the Falklands

News_Editor

I made it quite clear I wasn't in a position to defend the Argentinian position in a factual way, pro or con, really.

But you did try.

Do you admit failure?

No because I didn't try or say I was trying on a facts basis. I don't have the material at hand to do that. I would be doing a disservice to the Argentinian cause to pretend that I have the expertise to do that. Some of you Brits do know quite a lot from the Brit side. On this thread, the Argies are lacking a fact based advocate. I never suggested that was me. If you don't believe it, check the thread. I can speak to more tangential things like the fact that it is true the Argies want the islands back and more macro issues such as proximity and anti-colonialism. I can't speak to the historical facts from their point of view. That doesn't mean they don't have a valid historical justification, but it is not represented here at all.

Having said this, I think most would agree this topic is played out, unless a competent Argentine fact based advocate appears from the vast world of the web.

So you are basically admitting that you have no further arguments from the Argentinian side?

Yes or No.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly. Argentina is a sovereign nation. A nation of immigrants mostly, yes, but independent. It is not a colony.

A nation of immigrant colonists, with no right to the islands where other colonists have lived for 100 years more than the nation has existed. End of game Jingthing.

Not exactly. Argentina is a sovereign nation. A nation of immigrants mostly, yes, but independent. It is not a colony.

This discussion is bout the sovereignty of the Falklands, not Argentina.

Do you have any further arguments supporting arguments for Argentina's claim over the Falklands, asides from some things that may or may not be being said in non-English language forums.

Yes or no?

Indeed, it is a sovereign nation, but before that it was a Spanish colony and 97% of the population of Argentina are white and so descended from those colonists or later European immigrants (source).

This means that anyone who calls the population of the Falklands land grabbing colonials must accept that the term refers equally to 97% of the population of Argentina.

I wonder how the Amerind population of Argentina feel about those dastardly Spanish colonialists?

Jingthing, I do not agree that asking you to answer a question, a very important question in relation to this debate, that you constantly dodge is an

extremely aggressive goading style.
Surely if you are going to spout a controversial view you should be prepared to defend and justify it; not dodge the issue whenever you are asked to do so.

However, I do agree with you when you said

I think most would agree this topic is played out
especially as it's wandering off topic again.

So.....closed.