Images Of Chiang Rai 2005-2012

cdnvic

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mystery?????????

What happened to ImageDudes photos?

No mystery guys, I have removed my photos, I was rapidly running out of free space and I want to create some online albums in the members section. If there is free space left after that, I will post more pics back here.

In the meantime, if you are interested, all the pics that were here, plus a whole array of others are on my website.

ImageDude :o

Mystery?????????

What happened to ImageDudes photos?

No mystery guys, I have removed my photos, I was rapidly running out of free space and I want to create some online albums in the members section. If there is free space left after that, I will post more pics back here.

In the meantime, if you are interested, all the pics that were here, plus a whole array of others are on my website.

ImageDude :o

Duh! :D

No 'imagedude' pics here either.

Beautiful pics 'Goski'

Agree 100 %.

I think Imagedude is polishing his lenses now :D

Come on Dude, it's your turn again!

PS. You don't mind if I delete your now empty posting?

The museum of Chiang Saen is enthousiastic about the 'Chiang Rai through Foreign Eyes' exhibition.

The director is doing his best to come into terms with the Department of Fine Arts (the Silapakorn-group').

Now I have to write a new proposal, this time for 'Bangkok' :o

But 5000 visitors in Chiang Saen are more fun than 200 in Chiang Rai.

Goski, I hope you don't mind if I contact you and the other contributors to this thread when the alternatives are on the table?

No 'imagedude' pics here either.

Beautiful pics 'Goski'

Agree 100 %.

I think Imagedude is polishing his lenses now :D

:o

Come on Dude, it's your turn again!

:D

PS. You don't mind if I delete your now empty posting?

I always new you were a delitist, but as I have a soft spot for delitism, go right ahead :D:D

The museum of Chiang Saen is enthousiastic about the 'Chiang Rai through Foreign Eyes' exhibition.

The director is doing his best to come into terms with the Department of Fine Arts (the Silapakorn-group').

Now I have to write a new proposal, this time for 'Bangkok' :D

But 5000 visitors in Chiang Saen are more fun than 200 in Chiang Rai.

Goski, I hope you don't mind if I contact you and the other contributors to this thread when the alternatives are on the table?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Lahu New Years (and Chinese) will start after next Friday night - Sunday night, I think, maybe 24 hours from Sunday morning to Monday morning its firecrackers all the time (at least at Thoed Thai/Hin Taek - rooms at Reusii Hotel B200/night)

At MaeSalong Nai I saw a new road-sign with a pic of the "horse-riding monks" but didn't take quite close enough a photo of the pic (sorry)

post-21523-1171162138_thumb.jpg

post-21523-1171162153_thumb.jpg

post-21523-1171162164_thumb.jpg

post-21523-1171162192_thumb.jpg

post-21523-1171162198_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is "buk" - the largest flower I know of.

featured on Thai TV 4 or so days ago...

this one is in my yard - flower growing straight out of the ground.

the show said when it gets old it stinks

but the tuber is used as an antidote for food-poisoning!

post-21523-1180232028_thumb.jpg

post-21523-1180232040_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
This is "buk" - the largest flower I know of.

featured on Thai TV 4 or so days ago...

this one is in my yard - flower growing straight out of the ground.

the show said when it gets old it stinks

but the tuber is used as an antidote for food-poisoning!

Hi Joel, I have a similar photo of it with a pair of loppers in the foreground to show size perspective. It only has a slight stink - less than one might imagine - though maybe I'm innured to stink for reasons of lifestyle. I wrote a brief description of it in my upcoming new book 'Toad in my Shoe' but didn't know the plant's name until now. I'll add 'buk' if you don't mind.

• 1 month later...
Great pictures!

Here are two more. Taken back in 1997. The temple steps are on a hill about 3 kms northwest of Chiang Rai. I regret that I forget the name of the place, so if anyone can help, I would be delighted to know!

post-12201-1125476788_thumb.jpg

post-12201-1125476837_thumb.jpg

it's the temple on the hill just south of the Mae Fa Luang Bridge, across from the military golf course. King Mengrai designed the concentric garden (2nd photo) and dubbed it "THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD"

• 1 month later...
That's nice, I enjoy a good sunset photo. Could I ask what camera you used?

My old camera died so I got a Sony H7 recently. Not a real SLR but very light and has a monster zoom. Lots of settings to play with and the case makes it easy to put on a belt when biking or hiking. Not for the purist but it works for me.

That's nice, I enjoy a good sunset photo. Could I ask what camera you used?

My old camera died so I got a Sony H7 recently. Not a real SLR but very light and has a monster zoom. Lots of settings to play with and the case makes it easy to put on a belt when biking or hiking. Not for the purist but it works for me.

Nice camera, that's really some zoom isn't it.

I recently bought a Ricoh Caplio R5 after reading very good reviews but it hasn't quite lived up to expectations. Some times the colors are a bit ordinary and it's virtually useless in bad light. (A common digital camera fault).

I really need to sit down with the book; but you know the old adage, only read the instructions after all else fails.