Images Of Chiang Rai 2005-2012

cdnvic

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody mind if I make a suggestion, I am a frequent visitor to Chiang- and enjoy looking at your Photo's, my sugggestionis why dont some of you buy a Polerising lens for your Camers and keep it attached , You would get mch clearer pictures and would not have the misty affect in the Mountains.

Thanks for the views of my favourite Province, lungron.

Thanks for the advice uncle Ron.

Back in the day I had a video camera that took all sorts of fancy lenses, I remember one for filming through the windows of trains and buses, but unfortunately my current camera doesn't seem to have the necessary requirements to attach lenses.

It's made me wonder whether there is some sort of built in option that does that.

I'll read the manual. B)

Edited by sceadugenga

• 4 months later...

Great pictures!

Here are two more. Taken back in 1997. The temple steps are on a hill about 3 kms northwest of Chiang Rai. I regret that I forget the name of the place, so if anyone can help, I would be delighted to know!

post-12201-1125476788_thumb.jpg

post-12201-1125476837_thumb.jpg

i've been there from the free-ride service tram provided by CR government with the most beautiful CR girl, middle.

She was adorable.... wanna go back there again.!!!!!!!

1257579447.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A view from the Kan Airways flight Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

404875_312104698827859_610548125_n.jpg

Looks better for me this one below, your photo of course. Took that window shine off.

post-3770-0-62674500-1340794161_thumb.jp

Good take by the way thumbsup.gif

Win w00t.gif

@sktoo, no it's a lake system a little bit South of Chiang Rai. The flight time is only 30 minutes from CR to CM, It's well worth the cost of the flight just for the views.

Come, come now the blether, surely you have heard of the renowned hidden islands of Chiang Rai or was that the lost islands of Chiang Rai. Perhaps it was the forgotten islands of Chiang Rai, I can’t seem to remember. Anyway, what was the question?unsure.pngwacko.pngw00t.gif

@sktoo, no it's a lake system a little bit South of Chiang Rai. The flight time is only 30 minutes from CR to CM, It's well worth the cost of the flight just for the views.

Come, come now the blether, surely you have heard of the renowned hidden islands of Chiang Rai or was that the lost islands of Chiang Rai. Perhaps it was the forgotten islands of Chiang Rai, I can’t seem to remember. Anyway, what was the question?unsure.pngwacko.pngw00t.gif

Ehm.......where actually is it? The pilot was too busy to tell me biggrin.png

@ Win, thanks very much wai.gif

@villagefarang & Kan Win,........my daughter who is a rising star artist is with me now, she is studying your photographs, and she is fascinated. My daughter is 17 and has received recognition from the Scottish government for her talent, and she had an exhibition of her best work in January of this year.

She is amazed at the colouration on the Chiang Rai sky thread, and is pouring over a lot of your photos too Win. I reckon she will be over in the winter to spend a few weeks painting what you are showing here. I just wanted to let you know that you're motivating people with your talent.

• Like 1

theblether #167

A view from the Kan Airways flight Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Ladies and gentlemen, girls and boys, blethers,

The fine sheet of water shown in post # 167 is Mae Kuang Dam in Chiang Mai province. The dam wall is less than 10 km North of Doi Saket.

Google Earth or GPS generated maps make it possible to deduct this. Use the ruler and draw a line between Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai airports. This line is close to the flight path of the little aircraft. There is only one major dam on this line.

villagefarang #post172

"...surely you have heard of the renowned hidden islands of Chiang Rai or was that the lost islands of Chiang Rai. Perhaps it was the forgotten islands of Chiang Rai, ..."

There are at least two forgotten islands. These islands are situated in the large Nong Luang swamp, Wiang Chai district. South of road 1152.

One is called Koh Mae Mai or Widow Island. It was possible to walk to Koh Mae Mai at the end of the dry season. In recent years a wide canal has been dug around Nong Luang to store water and you will need a boat to visit the island.

The second island is connected to the land by a suspension bridge. Unfortunately the bridge is in disrepair. This bridge is near Pyramid Resort.

Near the very South of Nong Luang it is possible to make long and pleasant walks on a forested peninsula. Stay away from buffalo mothers with calves.

You have an obvious talent for the capture VF, nice work..

Where are these monks going to? I thought that in the raining season they stayed put.

That picture was posted on my blog 16 Dec 2010. We were on a road trip at the time when we came upon this long march of many weeks. It was a really remote area on the back roads heading toward Nan as I remember. I seem to remember hanging out the window and snapping a few shots and asking where they were going. One of the many amazing memories of that trip.smile.png

• 2 weeks later...