Images Of Hua-hin And Cha-am

cdnvic

I'll rotate these images every month or two, putting about 3 max up each time. If you're reading this before visiting Thailand we hope it will help introduce you to the regions of this country.

If you have photos please add them to our gallery.

A nice stretch of beach outside the Sofitel in Hua Hin.

gallery_7151_37_1211873.jpg

Uploaded by: cdnvic On: 2005-07-24

A shot of the main city of Hua-Hin, and it's long white beach. The towers of Cha-am can be seen faintly in the background.

gallery_7151_37_129078.jpg

Uploaded by: cdnvic On: 2005-07-25

A rider passes in front of the Hilton hotel on Hua Hin Beach. A Navy frigate and the towers of Cha-Am are in the Background.

gallery_7151_37_131599.jpg

Uploaded by: cdnvic On: 2005-07-25

Go south on Highway 4 over the railway bridge. Straight on about 8-9 kms and turn left at the PTT petrol station (located on the left). This is a military access road (dual carriageway) Stop at the checkpoint and pay 20 baht (was 10 baht 2 months ago) for the car entry. Straight on, over the railway track to Tee junction. If you turn left you reach a car parking area and access to the beach with some Thai restaurants and facilities (showers/toilets). This area is very busya t weekends. If you turn right drive ahead past the military hotel about 300 m then follow the road to the right. as you make that turn, there is a small car park on the right with access to the quiet beach but no facilities. Good time to go is after 1 pm when the sun is over the trees heading west which puts the beach in the sun and the treee lined area in the shade (sun behind you). Good gently sloping beach ideal for kids.

I will try and load a picture.

Peter

Hi Vic,

Exactly where is the beach "Several Kms south of Hua Hin". Directions please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi cdnvic - any chance of some photos, I'm getting a bit bored of the wallpaper now!!! Any more photos of Hua Hin on this site - I couldn't find any in the gallery?

Thanks for providing this service!  :D

I'll try and get some new ones up next week. :o

cv

• 2 weeks later...
A thunderstorm closes in on Hua Hin.

(if the pictures are loading up slowly, tha means that paid hosting service is having problems, when u come next time it should be better)

Now people can see where you were standing while taking the photo:

hh11.jpg

What a hel_l of a fiercefull sport Thai boxing is. Must be the spectators box among themselves too, hope they all survived:

hh12.jpg

Cha Am beach: you won't need much of a sunscreen but you would need reading lights under the umbrellas:

chaam2.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We walked up and into the cave last time in Hua Hin, what a magical place. Getting there was a slog, very steep and rocks were slippery as well, the view is amazing from the high spot before you level out and go down into the cave. We just got there after 11am and missed the sun shining through the gap and hitting the small temple.

The boat trip in was great and the beach and restaurant/cafe had great food especially the Singha beer after we walked out.post-109277-0-09072500-1343029838_thumb.post-109277-0-75755100-1343029992_thumb.post-109277-0-46330700-1343030091_thumb.

Archived