Crackdown On Pattaya Beach Road Prostitutes

Rimmer

Pattaya Beach Road Subject to Prostitution Purge by Police

PATTAYA: -- Local police on Monday night moved to purge Pattaya’s notorious Beach Road area of problematic ‘freelance’ prostitutes and lady-boys, according to an official release.

Pattaya, the 11th of October 2010 [PDN]: At approximately midnight on Monday, Colonel Nunthawut Suwanla-ong (Pattaya Police Superintendent) along with a team of officers conducted an inspection of the Pattaya Beach Road promenade.

The inspection was undertaken after numerous reports and complaints were received by local authorities regarding the prevalence of ‘freelance’ prostitutes and lady-boys in the area. Many of these complaints pertained to tourists and locals being bothered, hassled and even robbed by the aforementioned groups, while walking the promenade during the evening.

In the inspection of the area, officers were able to detain and arrest some 50 offenders, both female prostitutes and lady-boys, who had gathered between North and South Pattaya. Reports indicate that many more of the loitering prostitutes managed to flee the scene upon being informed of the arrests.

Full story is HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

--2010-10-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's interesting. I guess they didn't read the poll done here, which revealed a significant majority of Thaivisa members, Pattaya residents and not, APPROVED of keeping the famous street walkers on Pattaya Beach Road. Although I disagreed, they seemed to think they were actually the main TOURIST ATTRACTION in town.

Is this a new policy or another one off crackdown?

oh no, we come to pattaya for the shops and the haute cuisine...

Understood. However, my feeling is that the beach promenade should be a pleasant place for everyone, including the many families we now DO have here in great abundance. The prostitutes are so thick there that they soil what should be the most important geographical feature of any urban beach resort. There are still hundreds of thousands of prostitutes available anytime within mere minutes of the beach road promenade.

Understood. However, my feeling is that the beach promenade should be a pleasant place for everyone, including the many families we now DO have here in great abundance. The prostitutes are so thick there that they soil what should be the most important geographical feature of any urban beach resort. There are still hundreds of thousands of prostitutes available anytime within mere minutes of the beach road promenade.

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate!!!

Bu but but but.............. I thought prostituion was illegal in Thailand????:lol:

I always prefer to walk on the beach side of the Beach Road to avoid the really irritating Indian Tailors on the other side of the road.

I would much rather have a pretty Thai girl smile at me as I walk past, than some dirty scruffy Thai teenager whispering to me that he can sell me Marry-warna, coke or ice.

What is the real problem here?

For sure it ain't the girls and many visitors deliberately walk there to see what has become a Pattaya 'attraction'.

Without the girls - this city would be nothing - and broke !

I have lived / worked in Pattaya area for 6 years now and I have realized these police raids on pirated designer products, "call girls" along the beach walk, and "illegal" go go clubs of prostitution are just for a publicity stunt. It means nothing. I took a stroll down Beach Road Sunday evening around 7pm and there were policemen standing only a few meters away from the free lancers. When ever these police raids occur, who ever was arrested will be back on the streets within a week. The only thing the police are persistant about are giving the poor motor bkie riders a ticket for no papers or not wearing a helmet.

I think this is about the 93rd crackdown they have had on that road.

Last time I was in Pattaya they had a great night market all along the road that basically made it impossible for the prostitutes to operate. I thought it was genius. Driving revenue to the city (I assume the vendors pay rent) while cleaning up the area at the same time.

It was by far the best market I have ever visited in Thailand. The prices for everything were dirt cheap and clearly marked. No need for negotiation, they offered a very good price from the start.

to say i am shocked is an understatement,

all these years living here i thought they where guest relations officers

GROs. I know where you spend too much time. (Methinks time to go there again)

Yes, get rid of the ladyboys. They hassle everyone walking down the road - and try thieving, whereas the girls will wait for you to approach them.

can't we just make the girls and the ladyboys stand *on* the beach, like... in the water? and we'll just come to them when we need them?

I like that idea very much! Now THAT could seriously be marketed as a unique tourist attraction. The standing in the water sex worker statuettes of Pattaya. Perhaps hire a choreographer so they could do some periodic synchronized dance moves ...

Edited by Jingthing

times are hard, 200b x 50 at the start of the week before weekend earnings are spent, not to mention the profits the police make selling yaba to them in the cells, pattaya is cannibalizing itself as it always does at this time of year

Edited by rafval

Frankly put it is not a family city.It is build for old drunken Farangs.With the prostitution I think the crackdown is they are freelancers and police and politicians are not getting their cut.

Edited by hardy1943

actually, the pattaya beach water is just a festered looking pond so the beach prom girls are a preferable look!

and far more fun to ride than a jet ski (is that a russian word..jetski?)

I agree the water there isn't the best but in all fairness the girls don't rate any better - seen some pretty skanky looking roosters strutting about :bah:

You could round up more than 50 freelancers within 100 metre radius of the police station on main beach road (really). Well done boys, excellent job, problem solved. Apart from the other 3km of it.

Actually the promenade hookers are less inclined to molest passers by than the hookers in roadside bars. So I assume this "crackdown" is just a way to screw money out of freelancers who are not contributing protection money to the police via the bar system.