Crackdown On Pattaya Beach Road Prostitutes

Rimmer

B.O.Lock - wasn't your initial point the one that included such expressions "crack whores" "feral" etc? - I hardly think that is the dispassionate view point you are now trying to claim?

I toned down my descriptive terms because people like you failed to get past the offensive labels to understand the actual points being made.

You clearly want to play in the big boys game, but lack the necessary skills to play.

The peak of your argument was calling me an "anally suppressed bigot" and then spending an inordinate amount of time defending ladyboys. I find you creepy.

I'm just saying.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

B.O.Lock - wasn't your initial point the one that included such expressions "crack whores" "feral" etc? - I hardly think that is the dispassionate view point you are now trying to claim?

I toned down my descriptive terms because people like you failed to get past the offensive labels to understand the actual points being made.

You clearly want to play in the big boys game, but lack the necessary skills to play.

The peak of your argument was calling me an "anally suppressed bigot" and then spending an inordinate amount of time defending ladyboys. I find you creepy.

I'm just saying.

Actually you are the one who decided on the level of language. If you think "defending ladyboys" is "creepy" then I would suggest that even if you "tone down" your language, there still appears to be an underlying problem of stereotyping people to help cope with your own prejudices..

I'd say that most of your comments have backed up my suggestion - I don't think i was directly commenting on you as I don't know you (neither do I want to) - but your comments, which are definitely like those of an anally suppressed bigot, and continue to be so.

after criticism by various posters you now appear to be backing down and trying to make a case that you clearly weren't doing before. I would suggest that you simply don't like anything outside you own envelope of "normality" and that is in fact your motivation behind your posts and they are nothing to do with what you think (erroneously) might be good for Pattaya.....a city that you seem to have so little knowledge of, one has to doubt if you have ever been here.

Edited by Deeral

We are letting this topic run so everybody can have a nice sensible discussion.

It is now looking however that we can not agree to differ.

So please take note, get back on topic or the thread will be closed.

I think the whores on the beach road walk should be removed from there, but no problem with them in bars, etc. But then what? Spend public monies to provide high quality cultural entertainment every night on the walk. Music, art, dance, etc. Not only traditional but modern. Not only Thai, but international. Make Pattaya an ARTS & CULTURE destination on top of everything else it already is. Perhaps zone an entire district in town to encourage REAL ARTISTS (not COPY artists) and galleries to set up shop with special government incentives. If money is a problem, institute a small hotel room tax to pay for this. In the long run, Pattaya and its tourists and residents would benefit. I continue to maintain, Pattaya has an OVERSUPPLY of whores, and the overflow of idle labor is a social problem for Thailand, but it shouldn't be allowed to ruin what could be an even greater city.

Edited by Jingthing

I like the girls on beach road, they are generally friendly and non violent, several times they have been removed and it no longer felt save at night, I certainly have nothing against the police removing the pimps and drug dealers tho, they can be threatening and for unknown reasons the police leave them when they remove the ladies

, Pattaya has an OVERSUPPLY of whores, and the overflow of idle labor is a social problem for Thailand, but it shouldn't be allowed to ruin what could be an even greater city.

What do you mean by an "OVERSUPPLY of whores"?

There are too many because you think there are too many?

Supply is dictated by demand. In a country where the average daily income for unskilled work is often below 200 baht per day they don't have to make much to survive and to consider their career worthwhile and at least as good or better than any other unskilled work. If they don't make money they move on. There will never be an oversupply as the market will take care of that. Sure, their bottom line is very low compared to income for the same career in your homeland, but that's no concern of yours.

There are too many because you think there are too many?

If most are idle most of the time, obviously there is an oversupply.

If for example, one of the less busy freelancers did a trick as infrequently as 3 times a week she could make as much as a restaurant worker in a month.

In this case, if she worked the streets for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week and each trick lasted an hour or so she would only be busy for 3 hours a week, and idle (as you call) it for 45 hours a week.

Obviously every girl you see along the beach appears to be idle as they don't do their actual work on the beach...do they?

In reality they are not idle while sitting along the beach as they are advertising.

There is never and will never be an oversupply as an oversupply cannot exist.

It's only an oversupply in your limited perception of what you actually see when you drive or walk past. Behind the scenes the number of freelancers will be fluctuating up and down depending on demand. Obviously a girl will not continue if she's making nothing.

Edited by tropo

I think the whores on the beach road walk should be removed from there, but no problem with them in bars, etc. But then what? Spend public monies to provide high quality cultural entertainment every night on the walk. Music, art, dance, etc. Not only traditional but modern. Not only Thai, but international. Make Pattaya an ARTS & CULTURE destination on top of everything else it already is. Perhaps zone an entire district in town to encourage REAL ARTISTS (not COPY artists) and galleries to set up shop with special government incentives. If money is a problem, institute a small hotel room tax to pay for this. In the long run, Pattaya and its tourists and residents would benefit. I continue to maintain, Pattaya has an OVERSUPPLY of whores, and the overflow of idle labor is a social problem for Thailand, but it shouldn't be allowed to ruin what could be an even greater city.

Jingthing, you have mentioned the zoning idea several times, and I was waiting to see if anyone would catch on, but so far nothing I am aware of. I see a potential solution here, where Jomtiem and Beach Road could be divided up; one as the arts and entertainment venue, and the other as the Beach Bar Road venue (more or less for adults) for lack of any better description. There are simply too many adult catering venues on the Beach Road side to make major changes without a great loss of revenue and struggle. That would entail getting out the existing owners / lessors and lessees, let alone getting them to agree and the owners and lessors to work with getting the lessees out. Then you have the problem of getting new owners / lessors / lessees to purchase or sign contracts to move in with products and services along the lines of what DLock and the other "perfect" people would like to see.

Excuse my terminology, but in the USA we have a word to describe what I believe DLock is aiming at, but did not use - his original implication describing "Soi dogs" and hammers to the heads, and then other words like "whore" (including ladyboy in the same breathe), then elevating to "crack whores", "thieving ladyboys", and "feral street gays", and "Dross" - not to mention taking a few swings at some members with such acronyms as "dmf" and the like. Taking this view seriously, one might better describe some of the people on Beach Road as squatters, vagrants, homeless, and any other. I do not know the laws in Thailand regarding this. Additionally, I do not know what sort of rights Thais have against being rounded up as a suspected prostitute or drug dealers or homeless, etc. when one is doing nothing more than frequenting a place peacefully. I am not convinced the police take this issue seriously, nor have a solution when they do rattle these people's chains.

DLock, I am not much for transgendered people myself, but I have to admit that times are changing, and that inflexibility will wear you down. The ladyboy issue is here to stay, and I see a lot of ladyboys gainfully employed throughout the greater Chonburi area; at banks, hardware and appliance and electrical shops, and the like. They are very productive workers and most are adept at being exact in their efficiency. Additionally, I could say the same about the gay people. I have had the best crown work ever done on my molar by my dentist, whom I did not know was gay until I went to have the work done. He is an extremely polite, professional and hard studied man. His work is better than what any dentist in the states ever did. Your broad generalizations could be viewed as slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation. I personally try to cut anyone slack if they are trying to make their life better, regardless those attributes.

Anyways, I think there is something there about zoning, and separating the saints from the sinners and making a win win situation for all. Jomtien Beach could be a great attraction to the family-style visitors, and the Beach Road more or less for the adults who want to have a night out away from the kids and Puritans.

What to do with the squatters and other people, who simply do not have an answer in their life? I simply do not know. Personally, they do not bother me in the least. I have seen very few exceptionally bad cases of derelicts that walk around with their own waste soiling their clothes, but that is about the limit. And I think it only fair that if the Thai ladies and transgendered are going to be picked on, then maybe the police should also start taking a second look at the European prostitutes that are moving in on the scene. As far as the late and morning hours; what the heck is someone like DLock complaining about? Good people are home and in bed by 11pm anyways, right?

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Had to visit PIH yesterday. Came home via Beach Road as wifey was shopping...er...spending too much money at Central. The beach walk was packed. We were both amazed at how many tourists are here now. At least compared to how few were here several months ago (I'm sure the red shirt rallies had a huge impact on this).

We were also amazed at how many couples we saw. Some young, some older. Nice to see...

But the beach walkway was PACKED! I was too busy driving to see if there were any crack whores, thieving ladyboys and feral street gays. But plenty of folks out enjoying the beautiful evening. Finally, no rain!!!!

Had to visit PIH yesterday. Came home via Beach Road as wifey was shopping...er...spending too much money at Central. The beach walk was packed. We were both amazed at how many tourists are here now. At least compared to how few were here several months ago (I'm sure the red shirt rallies had a huge impact on this).

We were also amazed at how many couples we saw. Some young, some older. Nice to see...

But the beach walkway was PACKED! I was too busy driving to see if there were any crack whores, thieving ladyboys and feral street gays. But plenty of folks out enjoying the beautiful evening. Finally, no rain!!!!

Pattaya is just about the driest beach resort in Thailand. Considerably more sunshine at this time of year than even a few mile down the coast.

As for zoning - wo't work - total can of worms.

A few years ago the local govt introduced a zoning scheme that was simply laughable.

"Removing" people - can't happen without some serious civil rights abuses - you have to label those you are "removing" - again a total can of worms.

You could try and make certain activities "illegal" - but they already are - remember - TiT!

It was piointed out way earlier that this wasn't a "crackdown" at all but was as ever a business tactic by the local police