Crackdown On Pattaya Beach Road Prostitutes

Rimmer

I think this is about the 93rd crackdown they have had on that road.

Last time I was in Pattaya they had a great night market all along the road that basically made it impossible for the prostitutes to operate. I thought it was genius. Driving revenue to the city (I assume the vendors pay rent) while cleaning up the area at the same time.

It was by far the best market I have ever visited in Thailand. The prices for everything were dirt cheap and clearly marked. No need for negotiation, they offered a very good price from the start.

Try going to Made In Thailand one block from the beach. And it does not cause traffic problems on Beach Road all day and night long.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always prefer to walk on the beach side of the Beach Road to avoid the really irritating Indian Tailors on the other side of the road.

I would much rather have a pretty Thai girl smile at me as I walk past, than some dirty scruffy Thai teenager whispering to me that he can sell me Marry-warna, coke or ice.

What is the real problem here?

For sure it ain't the girls and many visitors deliberately walk there to see what has become a Pattaya 'attraction'.

Without the girls - this city would be nothing - and broke !

A pretty thai girl is not pretty when she's just after your wallet. They're just scum. No beauty in that...at all. It just shows where some guy's brain is. That's why Pattaya is known as 'the toilet of thailand.'

But isn't it a part of the Pattaya picture... ? Except for these katoeys who are spreading like cockroaches in the Pattaya city streets after they invaded Patong! Get away with them; these are the ones who are stealing and damaging the reputation of this "wellness-city"! :bah::bah::bah:

Pattaya Beach Road Subject to Prostitution Purge by Police

PATTAYA: -- Local police on Monday night moved to purge Pattaya’s notorious Beach Road area

of problematic ‘freelance’ prostitutes and lady-boys, according to an official release.

Now, I don't have to understand the authorities, do I?

a) In Thailand, there is no prostitution because it is against the law.

B) Any official organ citing "freelance" prostitutes automatically hints at the other quality of sex workers,

the standard, organized prostitutes...who, however, cannot exist - because that would be against the law.

but I should not be too harsh with the authorities - what they apparently want to do is to control the freelancers

better and get them under the snug and cozy police cover at all times - these efforts shall surely pay off...

You could round up more than 50 freelancers within 100 metre radius of the police station on main beach road (really). Well done boys, excellent job, problem solved. Apart from the other 3km of it.

Actually the promenade hookers are less inclined to molest passers by than the hookers in roadside bars. So I assume this "crackdown" is just a way to screw money out of freelancers who are not contributing protection money to the police via the bar system.

You're absolutely right Crushdepth! I fully agree with your 2nd paragraph!

But isn't it a part of the Pattaya picture... ? Except for these katoeys who are spreading like cockroaches in the Pattaya city streets after they invaded Patong! Get away with them; these are the ones who are stealing and damaging the reputation of this "wellness-city"! :bah::bah::bah:

Quite agree. The only time that I have been hassledon the beach walk is by those pesky "time-share" cons.

Families don't wish to take leisurely strolls in the sin sois. They do wish to take pleasant strolls on the seaside. So you are talking about different things. Of course Pattaya will always be a sin city, but there is no reason why it can't be a pleasant place for ALL kinds of visitors. I don't think the sex trade should be allowed to totally dominate the main geographical feature of the city, that's all.

I wish they'd just clean up the lady-boys and leave the women alone. They're a lot more of a problem anyway.

ah-ha...do i sense a sex (gender) based discrimination here?:D

actually, as a non-involved party, i want to point out that thai ladyboys look more feminine and classy than thai girls. my g/f agrees with this statement :whistling:

The first time I went to Pattaya the prostitutes were not so obvious. Although thick on the ground, most of them did not offer themselves to you and could(possibly) just be assumed to be women around their normal business. It is where there is a Whitechapel type "Jack the Ripper" situation where prostitutes look like prostitutes that the police are concerned about. Having said that, I am also of the opinion that the police are just having to be seen to be doing something and that Beach Rd would be a sleaze rd, not a "nighttime relief" rd if they closed it down. I can't talk for others but I have used Beach Rd for 3 reasons, long time, short time and non-sexual date with agreed rate.

Is the crackdown long-time or short-time?:whistling:

In the inspection of the area, officers were able to detain and arrest some 50 offenders, both female prostitutes and lady-boys, who had gathered between North and South Pattaya. Reports indicate that many more of the loitering prostitutes managed to flee the scene upon being informed of the arrests.

Reports should 'indicate' that most of them had already fled the scene.....

Just another "crackdown' for any UN guys and not to forget the cops' name who'd like to become the chief of Police, perhaps? :jap:

That's interesting. I guess they didn't read the poll done here, which revealed a significant majority of Thaivisa members, Pattaya residents and not, APPROVED of keeping the famous street walkers on Pattaya Beach Road. Although I disagreed, they seemed to think they were actually the main TOURIST ATTRACTION in town.

Is this a new policy or another one off crackdown?

They call it the Beach Bar, so now what, they pay 100 baht fine and back to the same place, waiting for their pimp to collect.

A pretty thai girl is not pretty when she's just after your wallet. They're just scum. No beauty in that...at all. It just shows where some guy's brain is. That's why Pattaya is known as 'the toilet of thailand.'

Spreading clichées like this, I wonder if you have ever been to Thailand and to Pattaya? And if you have been, then I wonder why did you come? Who gave you the right to call working ladies in Thailand scum? It says a lot about you and I wish you would stay away. We don't need your "besserwisser" attitude and narrow mind here.

oh no, we come to pattaya for the shops and the haute cuisine...

Understood. However, my feeling is that the beach promenade should be a pleasant place for everyone, including the many families we now DO have here in great abundance. The prostitutes are so thick there that they soil what should be the most important geographical feature of any urban beach resort. There are still hundreds of thousands of prostitutes available anytime within mere minutes of the beach road promenade.

Frankly put it is not a family city.It is build for old drunken Farangs.With the prostitution I think the crackdown is they are freelancers and police and politicians are not getting their cut.

I don't even know one family, including mine, who'd like to stay there and watch the scene, where 'kee nok' farlangs' are looking for flesh.

We were there with our son one time, just ridiculous.

Guess most families don't know in the beginning what the 'girls' and 'wannabe-girls' are doing there.

Pattaya is- and never was- a family destination.....

:jap:

Did someone forget to pay the Sup? like they did at the Mandarin? Its the National pastime here in Thailand and in Pattaya it's Beach Rd. No one was arrested when they decided to have their little free flea market which trashed Beach rd. each night. Oh, I forgot? school is out and when they return they got to pay for tuition. More raids until school starts.

can't we just make the girls and the ladyboys stand *on* the beach, like... in the water? and we'll just come to them when we need them?

I like that idea very much! Now THAT could seriously be marketed as a unique tourist attraction. The standing in the water sex worker statuettes of Pattaya. Perhaps hire a choreographer so they could do some periodic synchronized dance moves ...

LoL - like ankle deep synchronised swimming.

And if the LBs fell off their high heels at least it would clean them up a bit.

If they left the footpaths free of motorbikes, Indian tailor touts and stalls selling rubbish it would make more sense. Families are never hassled by the working girls, why would they. "Families" complaining means wifey who is worried that the moment her back is turned Hubby is going to Soi 6 for a short time. People who come to Pattaya and compalin about prostitutes are the same people who buy cheap next to an airport and then try to have it shut down.