Crackdown On Pattaya Beach Road Prostitutes

Rimmer

A pretty thai girl is not pretty when she's just after your wallet. They're just scum. No beauty in that...at all. It just shows where some guy's brain is. That's why Pattaya is known as 'the toilet of thailand.'

Spreading clichées like this, I wonder if you have ever been to Thailand and to Pattaya? And if you have been, then I wonder why did you come? Who gave you the right to call working ladies in Thailand scum? It says a lot about you and I wish you would stay away. We don't need your "besserwisser" attitude and narrow mind here.

I have to agree that lots of 'girls', you can't call them ladies, are chasing after your wallet. The "I love you handsome man", I go with you" had obviously worked for you as we can see.

"Working ladies", selling their bodies and many of them on Jaba isn't what many of us like.

I've read your post and came to the conclusion that you've to be a newbie staying at Naklua, the "German area", right?

I wish you stay away from the place I'd chosen to live.

We don't need your 'wiseacre' attitude, not mentioning your mind. Looks like you haven't been here for too long.

Pattaya should be divided into zones, like Thaksin did with the South a couple of years ago.......................

Again, I've to agree that it all shows what's inside some guy's brain........................:jap:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh no, we come to pattaya for the shops and the haute cuisine...

Understood. However, my feeling is that the beach promenade should be a pleasant place for everyone, including the many families we now DO have here in great abundance. The prostitutes are so thick there that they soil what should be the most important geographical feature of any urban beach resort. There are still hundreds of thousands of prostitutes available anytime within mere minutes of the beach road promenade.

I agree These prostitutes are giving all those nice bar girls a bad name

Please do not forget that Thailand is a Buddhist country.

And Pattaya is in Thailand.

I would never forget that, and I would never forget you either.

"Please never forget that Thailand lies in South East Asia. Their religion is mostly the Buddhism, and Pattaya is in a Buddhist country." Lol :jap:

That market also made it very difficult to navigate a clear path down the road, and it was HIDEOUS. Between the two ills, I'd choose the whores any day of the week.

I hate those markets, me too.

I prefer by far the girls, even if I do not use the services they offer.

I think they should keep the working girls off the street....and into a place where their hard work can be taxed or where I can turn a buck on them. That would be a better system. All lady boys should be shipped to Saudi Arabia or Malaysia where they will truly be loved behind closed doors.

Well, the MAJOR attraction of Pattaya is prostitution, and the most colourfull part of this attraction is prostitution on the beach road,period. I wpuld not even bother coming back to Pattaya if the beachroad would be totally clean of girls,ladyboys and all this various humanity making Pattaya something really special.

can't we just make the girls and the ladyboys stand *on* the beach, like... in the water? and we'll just come to them when we need them?

I like that idea very much! Now THAT could seriously be marketed as a unique tourist attraction. The standing in the water sex worker statuettes of Pattaya. Perhaps hire a choreographer so they could do some periodic synchronized dance moves ...

Well, the MAJOR attraction of Pattaya is prostitution, and the most colourfull part of this attraction is prostitution on the beach road,period. I wpuld not even bother coming back to Pattaya if the beachroad would be totally clean of girls,ladyboys and all this various humanity making Pattaya something really special.

can't we just make the girls and the ladyboys stand *on* the beach, like... in the water? and we'll just come to them when we need them?

I like that idea very much! Now THAT could seriously be marketed as a unique tourist attraction. The standing in the water sex worker statuettes of Pattaya. Perhaps hire a choreographer so they could do some periodic synchronized dance moves ...

They need a station and a slate or blackboard like the motorcycle taxi guys have. That way they could be rotated and every lady get her fair share and the customers could see how many customers went before them. It would make it a lot easier on the BF's to keep track of their earnings so they could get some sleep or drinking time and not have to stay constantly vigilant as to the comings and goings of the ladies. It is really difficult if you are trying to down a bottle of ya dong and still have to stay awake. Or if you want to go to one of the remaining bars on Soi Six for a quick nap. Who knows how many tricks will have occurred in your absence. Having a GF who works Beach road is not as easy as everyong thinks.

This could work for the Lady boys too although you would have to add columns for cash, gold chains, cell phones and Passports. That way you could have a total per theft so everyone would be treated fairly.

One of the most useless actions of the Pattaya police - and they do it again and again and again.... :whistling:

Rather then doing 'crackdowns' on the Indian tailor touts (who needs all these tailor shops anyway?), on the sometimes indeed criminal Ladyboys, the cars and motorbikes which black and cloudy exhaust fumes cause cancer to all those who have to drive/queue behind them, the politicians responsible to the damaged roads everywhere in Pattaya (even the parallel road of Walking Street has a few potholes that are deeper than 15cm!), especially for the rotten image that Jomtien gives these days, the organized bill-padding in certain gogo bars, the Jetski mafia, ...man, will this sentence ever end? So many problems, but instead of doing something about them, they damage these girls who belong to the nicest ones working in Pattaya, as well as one of the major reasons why many expats live in and tourists come to Pattaya. B)

If they left the footpaths free of motorbikes, Indian tailor touts and stalls selling rubbish it would make more sense. Families are never hassled by the working girls, why would they. "Families" complaining means wifey who is worried that the moment her back is turned Hubby is going to Soi 6 for a short time. People who come to Pattaya and compalin about prostitutes are the same people who buy cheap next to an airport and then try to have it shut down.

I completely agree that the girls and the "other" gender make it a point to avoid families and couples. This is a professional courtesy that is appreciated by few. This courtesy often goes overlooked by hateful, ignorant people, who get their thoughts clouded by things that they imagine (in their feeble minds) that are going on (still, and only in their feeble minds), rather than taking a good look around at the happy people enjoying a beautiful day. Letting it go would never cause a decrease in crime, but sure would improve spirits along the footpath.

With the police, I am convinced that it is an arrangement between them and the prostitutes. I believe these actions are business, and nothing more; a sort of yin and yang. I do not think there is anything personal. As the gangster said to the other gangster, "Eh, it ain't poisenal, it's business!"

On the other hand, I believe that if an ignorant person came here and walked down Beach Road, he would feel pretty great with all the lady attention, smiles, "I go with you", etc. It is a small thing, but a great boost to a man's ego, and admittedly a feel good thing. No different than McDonalds employees saying hello to you, with a smile, or a 5 star resort leaving mints on your pillow. Just like changing the channel on the tube, no one has a gun to anyone's head, and the choice to walk on by, or a polite "no" is all it takes.

Then there are the people who can not let go. They see an evil world out there, instead of happy people on the Beach Road. These people can not sleep at night, because they know in their knower that someone; yes someone, just might be engaging in illegal and consensual sex. It is enough to make one go mad. Perhaps they might consider a vacation to a sister beach-resort city in, say, Brazil, to see how the other gender copes with the terrible things us men have to cope with here. Imagine being in Brazil and having a lot of handsome young men, and female transsexuals "badgering and harassing" the foreign women, as they enjoy a Beach Road sunset?

It's easy to come here, to this den of iniquity, and paint one side of the coin black, but for the gender complaints, and the ones who support each side, there are two sides to the gender coin.Let's be even handed here. If there was zero prostitution here, I am sure the police would find something else to crack down on, but as a matter of "business" and not "personal" only.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Yes, please get rid of them post haste. They are generally an unappealing sight that does no good for Pattaya's image and many are aggressive and rude too, not to mention the pick pockets. There are plenty of places in Pattaya people who want to find hookers of all three sexes can find them without letting them parade in the street and be a nuisance to those who have no interest in their services.

Edited by Arkady

Families don't wish to take leisurely strolls in the sin sois. They do wish to take pleasant strolls on the seaside. So you are talking about different things. Of course Pattaya will always be a sin city, but there is no reason why it can't be a pleasant place for ALL kinds of visitors. I don't think the sex trade should be allowed to totally dominate the main geographical feature of the city, that's all.

Maybe you should do a poll on it again... :lol:

At the end of the day this is a crackdown for laffs only. Beach Rd is loved and admired for what it has to offer, warts and all. :wub:

Edited by britmaveric

Families don't wish to take leisurely strolls in the sin sois. They do wish to take pleasant strolls on the seaside. So you are talking about different things. Of course Pattaya will always be a sin city, but there is no reason why it can't be a pleasant place for ALL kinds of visitors. I don't think the sex trade should be allowed to totally dominate the main geographical feature of the city, that's all.

Maybe you should do a poll on it again... :lol:

No point, the last one convinced me mostly mongers here. Next ...

"complaints pertained to tourists and locals being bothered, hassled and even robbed by the aforementioned groups,"

Sadly I know a guy who had his wallet stolen at the beach front. Mind you, its difficult to keep your hand on your wallet when your pants are round your ankles :whistling:

:whistling:

Wait a minute here.. Cracking down on the frelance hookers!! This is obsured, that allows price management for the bar girls, now they will ask for what ever they want

Don't worry, there is always the Uni girls. I know they don't speak English as well but you can make do.

to say i am shocked is an understatement,

all these years living here i thought they where guest relations officers

i agree it's all for show 'they just move to 2nd rd for the night and then back to normal. ladyboys are a problem but they won't go away T.I.T publicity when thailand needs tourists

That's interesting. I guess they didn't read the poll done here, which revealed a significant majority of Thaivisa members, Pattaya residents and not, APPROVED of keeping the famous street walkers on Pattaya Beach Road. Although I disagreed, they seemed to think they were actually the main TOURIST ATTRACTION in town.

Is this a new policy or another one off crackdown?

" revealed a significant majority of Thaivisa members, Pattaya residents and not, APPROVED of keeping the famous street walkers on Pattaya Beach Road".

Are you saying that a significant majority of Thaivisa members and Pattaya residents approve of the sex tourism industry in Pattaya? That is insulting. I am sure that the significant majority of thai visa members would not go within 50 kms of the place out of fear of being branded sexual predetors, gutter crawlers or pedophiles. Those that do go there well up to them they have thier sexual preferences and so be it. We are not all the same on here some of us are respectable family members with children. It is because of the stigma and what Pattaya is renown for that I would never take my family there I love my kids to much. I think you should change your comment to a Significant MINORITY.

oh no, we come to pattaya for the shops and the haute cuisine...

Understood. However, my feeling is that the beach promenade should be a pleasant place for everyone, including the many families we now DO have here in great abundance. The prostitutes are so thick there that they soil what should be the most important geographical feature of any urban beach resort. There are still hundreds of thousands of prostitutes available anytime within mere minutes of the beach road promenade.

Frankly put it is not a family city.It is build for old drunken Farangs.With the prostitution I think the crackdown is they are freelancers and police and politicians are not getting their cut.

I don't even know one family, including mine, who'd like to stay there and watch the scene, where 'kee nok' farlangs' are looking for flesh.

We were there with our son one time, just ridiculous.

Guess most families don't know in the beginning what the 'girls' and 'wannabe-girls' are doing there.

Pattaya is- and never was- a family destination.....

:jap:

Agree with you 100% Pattaya has been and will always be a place for the sex tourist and deviates, Not a family destination in Thailand.

It is because of the stigma and what Pattaya is renown for that I would never take my family there I love my kids to much. I think you should change your comment to a Significant MINORITY.

:rolleyes:

No worries we won't let it out that you frequent Pattaya every day mate. Enjoy!!! :ph34r:

It is because of the stigma and what Pattaya is renown for that I would never take my family there I love my kids to much. I think you should change your comment to a Significant MINORITY.

:rolleyes:

No worries we won't let it out that you frequent Pattaya every day mate. Enjoy!!! :ph34r:

Nice try like your sense of humour but I am not a desparate old sex offender or pedophille crawling the streets of sin city. Never have to beg or pay for services like those in Pattaya. Happingly married in beautiful Chiangmai with great kids.