Carpenter Needed

JeffreyC

C'mon, anybody with a recommendation? Can't be that hard to find a good carpenter in Chiangmai? :rolleyes:

Guess nobody wants to take responsibility as we all know how they work here (it starts with a 'c' and ends with 'rap')

Best may be to walk into your favorite pub and ask the owner.

As I have a building construction background I once supervised Thai workmen who where doing the pub-restaurant of a friend in CM. You simply can't let those uneducated dudes 'play alone' that doesn't work out, and they steal your stuff etc. But with a foreigner with experience supervising them all the time things can work out well.

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

I have used the services of Kan several times, he has a shop as detailed below

The guy's name is Kan he speaks very good English

Email address Kan Kasitanon - [email protected]

Mobile 0818822334

Kan place is on the slip road off the Super Highway

If you head down the Superhighway going towards the LANNA HOSPITAL ( ON THE LHS) , its about 500metres before the hopital and about 50 metres from the main junction going to Mae Rim

If you cannot find, I suggest you call Kan

Kan is great but is not interested in small jobs at all, so don't bother. If you ask about hanging doors the answer is "how many?". Under 5 - not interested. Pretty much the same as all carpenters are these days. We had a great one years ago who would come for half a day or whatever for 600-800 Baht and the last time we called him, after the start of the building boom, he told us "now only take jobs with a 3 day minimum, start at 7500 and only in San Kamphaeng".