Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, if you go to the link I'm putting at the end of this, you'll find a pretty good article about both the 150 and 250, with a fairly good pic of both. Now, this article is talking about how Honda wants to seriously compete with the Ninja 250 in Indonesia, and some "testing" done in Thailand, with the new 150 due out soon.

http://www.bestmodif...-dan-250cc.html

and this I got from another forum, showing the 2011/2012 250 on a bike mag cover in Japan.

post-82655-044955800 1286962227_thumb.jp

Thanks J1V. Years ago when I was riding my Honda 750F my riding buddy had a Kawasaki Kz-900. We would trade off on long rides and that made me a Honda man forever. The Kawasaki was faster in a straight line but when the line got crooked, it was too bendy to do any good. If Honda does this right, the Honda 250 should steal the market.

Thanks for the pic LOSHonda

Stop some of the wild speculation thats been floatiing around.

Many questions still to be answered tho...Hopefully 30th should give us the answers??

I think the speculation will continue until one of us actually rides one.

Shame as the 90-99 CBR250RR is a sweet bike.

Canada has a 15 year age limit for registering imported vehicles, and the 90 onward CBR250RR have been hot items with the import crowd. And with prices to match. Of course all for the same reasons as Japan - cheaper insurance and a hot bike.

What's next, the Phantom 300? :ermm:

The picture from LOShonda is fake, it is from a small company that sells fairings.

See here the original from the original location http://image1.shopserve.jp/naigaishop.lr.shopserve.jp/pic-labo/ym_1011_02.jpg

Another picture from the same catalog is this one...hahaha Guess he got permission to publish from his g/f...

post-12170-079909800 1286970214_thumb.jp

post-12170-002433700 1286970448_thumb.jp

I guess we just have to see the thing in the real world. From the photo I am not excited, but who knows what it will be like in person.

I would love to see engine specs.

Particularly HP, and is it a one can or a two?

And please lets get some real tires on this thing.

I was in Krabi a couple of weeks ago and they were doing some filming and I saw that bike in the flesh. The picture loshonda posted is not the same as the 2 page magazine spread Richard BKK has posted but loshonda's pic is identical, except for the exhaust, to the bike they were using in the filming. And the pictures, although a little small, he posted on the thread about the Honda CBR150 released 30th October is certainly the same bike no doubt about it, they are the same riders.. I spoke to an English guy who was part of the Honda test team accompanying the bike and he said they would finish the shoot in Phuket. The chap said it was the new CBR150 - he couldn't deny it as it was written on the bike. He did mention that there would be a new CBR250 but it would be shown at the Milan bike show in November and then on sale a few weeks later. I was trying to take pics with my phone but security was really tight.

Ugly touring looking thing whatever it is. Hardly a sexy sportster.

Ok, if you go to the link I'm putting at the end of this, you'll find a pretty good article about both the 150 and 250, with a fairly good pic of both.

http://www.bestmodif...-dan-250cc.html

The pic you say is the 150i has been out for quite a while (2 years?), was originally touted as the 250, but is nothing but a photoshop, released with another photo of a black and white one by a blogger.

You even use this exact same photo right here saying that it's a 250.

The new CBR250R is featured in todays paper edition of motorcyclenews.com and it is styled like a mini-VFR. 33hp, 140kg and priced to undercut Kawasaki's 250 (which is 4100 quid, but UK prices are a total rip-off these days). The engine is a modded version of their watercooled thumper used in motocross. The bike designed in Japan but built in Thailand. So not the VTR, such an old design may not be able to pass Thai emission laws. Should be slightly cheaper locally than the Kawa 250 if Honda play fair. Both Kawasaki and Honda would do well to do a naked version of these bikes. The UK still has the CBR125 so don't know about a new 150. A bit of competition for Kawasaki should hot things up nicely.

I have the paper edition of Motorcycle News, it will turn up on their site (motorcyclenews.com), have not checked yet. Riding position looks similar to the CBR150 so not too extreme, only specs they mention have given already, It does not look the same as any photos posted in this thread.

Archived