• Created
  • Last Reply

This one?

post-70604-0-37904600-1296556026_thumb.j

exactly but i told them to skip the logo :D

Which would look something like this!

post-70604-0-03240700-1296565964_thumb.j

Yeah, i'm feeling bored and rather do this than study thai! :whistling:

thanks now i know how is gonna be :D yeah i like.... good shape, good size and as they promised sound will be also good. Similar to this one

If iam lucky my bike will also be totally black until then..... lets see

Stopped at the Honda dealer on Huay Kaew Rd today. They had the 2-tone silver. When I asked the price, they said 130,000. I told them "No Thanks. Too much.", then told them Honda had said 100,000 for non-ABS, 115,000 for ABS. The woman tried to tell me the 115,000 was BBK price. I laughed at her and told her it didn't cost 15,000 to ship from BKK to Chiang Mai, and the most I would pay is 120k. She tried to go with the argument that the 130 price included insurance, helmet, jacket, etc. Told her "No. I will go to Honda showroom by airport where the price is 120,000 and buy from them", then turned and walked out. She followed me out and saw my new 150 Tri-Color and then realized I was wearing Honda racing jacket and gloves, and her tone suddenly changed and she told me she would give me "discount" and let me have it for 125k. Just shook my head, got on the 150 and drove away.

Stopped at the Honda dealer on Huay Kaew Rd today. They had the 2-tone silver. When I asked the price, they said 130,000. I told them "No Thanks. Too much.", then told them Honda had said 100,000 for non-ABS, 115,000 for ABS. The woman tried to tell me the 115,000 was BBK price. I laughed at her and told her it didn't cost 15,000 to ship from BKK to Chiang Mai, and the most I would pay is 120k. She tried to go with the argument that the 130 price included insurance, helmet, jacket, etc. Told her "No. I will go to Honda showroom by airport where the price is 120,000 and buy from them", then turned and walked out. She followed me out and saw my new 150 Tri-Color and then realized I was wearing Honda racing jacket and gloves, and her tone suddenly changed and she told me she would give me "discount" and let me have it for 125k. Just shook my head, got on the 150 and drove away.

Are you seriously thinking of giving up on your new 150 to get the new 250 assuming you get a decent price? Granted the CBR is getting excellent reviews both here and in the mags, but you did give some very compelling reasons for opting for the 150 the way you did, and at least for now it looks like the price spread is around 10,000 baht greater than what it was when you bought your 150.

I'll probably not get either bike although I'm tempted as realistically the Nouvo Elegance is about idea for the way I use a bike here in Pattaya. There really isn't many opportunities for going even 80 kph let alone even remotely hitting the speeds the 250 is capable of. As excellent as it is, the 150 fits me a little better as I'd be a little closer to the front end of the bike and feel just that much more on top of my driving. You mentioned your bike being a bit narrower than the 250 and it's probably being better in city traffic and this being a compelling reason for you choosing it the way you did. Lastly, one thing you did not mention that I've thought of.......the new 150 has to have terrific range now that its fuel tank has been upgraded to over 13 liters and given that it only has 150 cc's to feed and now has fuel injection. Incidentally, what kind of fuel economy are you getting?

Are you seriously thinking of giving up on your new 150 to get the new 250 assuming you get a decent price? Granted the CBR is getting excellent reviews both here and in the mags, but you did give some very compelling reasons for opting for the 150 the way you did, and at least for now it looks like the price spread is around 10,000 baht greater than what it was when you bought your 150.

I'll probably not get either bike although I'm tempted as realistically the Nouvo Elegance is about idea for the way I use a bike here in Pattaya. There really aren't many opportunities for going even 80 kph let alone even remotely hitting the speeds the 250 is capable of. As excellent as it is, the 150 fits me a little better as I'd be a little closer to the front end of the bike and feel just that much more on top of my driving. You mentioned your bike being a bit narrower than the 250 and it's probably being better in city traffic and this being a compelling reason for you choosing it the way you did. Lastly, one thing you did not mention that I've thought of.......the new 150 has to have terrific range now that its fuel tank has been upgraded to over 13 liters and given that it only has 150 cc's to feed and now has fuel injection. Incidentally, what kind of fuel economy are you getting? Also....I remember your mentioning how a Ninja 250 was getting stuck way behind in city traffic you were negotiating with ease on your 150. At that time you conjectured that the Honda 250 CBR might in city traffic be more on the order of the Ninja 250 rather than close to your 150 at slicing and dicing. WHat do you think now of the 250's prowess at slicing and dicing compared to your 150's?

Jack.

No, not thinking of giving up the 150, but thinking of buying the 250 as well for the longer trips I want to take. CMX to Chiang Rai, Pitsanulock, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Ubon, Rayong, BKK, Ayuthia (sp), etc. Keep the 150 for "local driving" and use the 250 for the trips. However, I do have someone who wants my 150 Tri Color so bad that I can almost get what I paid for it from him. But we'll see.

Honda showroom at the airport actually gave me a very good price on a silver 250 with ABS, due to the fact that I've bought 4 bikes there in the past 3 years. Airblade, Scoopy, old 150, new 150, and it's a whole lot less than what the dealer on Huay Kaew quoted me.

But I'm not going to do anything for a couple of more months yet. Have some other things that are (financially) more important and pressing at the moment, so I've got plenty of time to think about which way I'm going.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the 150, and have had a blast driving it, and while I have no doubts it would do the longer trips I want with little to no problem, overall the 250 might be better for that. Like I said, I'll wait and see.

:whistling:

PS. The 250 is actually the exact same size as the new 150, with the exception of bigger tires and motors, and is smaller than the Ninja 250, so I don't think the slicing & dicing of city traffic will be that much different from the 150. Originally, yes, I thought it might be due to the fact that I was thinking it would be the same size as the Ninja, but it's actually smaller, and that makes a difference. Anyway, I've got a little while to think about which way to go.

That page contains the best-ever comment on the topic of CBR250R

Here is poster "CBR250R", comparing important performance metrics of the CBR250R with the Yamaha R1:

I might be part of Honda’s demographic. I’m from Canada. I grew up riding dirtbikes and purchased a CBR125R last year as an affordable and fun way of getting back into riding.

The interesting thing is that I could have purchased a Yamaha R1 if I had wanted to. Dealers were eager to start me off on one. A “real bike” they said. The problem for me was that a “real bike” could not perform at the level I required. It really all came down to a lack of performance. For instance, it:

1) Was hard to find a new R1 for $2599. It wasn’t up to the task. I was underwhelmed by its cost performance.

2) I really wanted an R1 that weighed 280 lbs wet. It was unable to perform in this area for me. It’s a pig in terms of weight. I was crestfallen by its poor weight performance.

3) I tried desperately to find an R1 that could return 110 mpg (city) and 92 mpg on the highway (These are real figures from my CBR125R by the way – in imperial gallons). The R1 couldn’t offer this kind of fuel economy performance. I was very disappointed.

4) I wanted an R1 that would cost me $390 per year for insurance. Not possible. Once again I was left disillusioned. It simply couldn’t perform in this area either.

5) I wanted a bike that was incredibly flickable and fun in the twisties – with quick turn-in ability. The R1 is too stable and not as flickable. Sure out on the open road the stability of the R1 would be great. But one might as well be driving a Mustang convertible if they enjoy open motoring on straight highways. It’s the turns that make riding fun. Once again the R1’s handling performance left me cold.

6) I wanted a bike that was easy, simple, and cheap to work on. Nothing more simple than a single cylinder engine compared to an inline four. Parts are incredibly affordable too. I actually started to feel bad for the R1 at this point, as it was evident that it lacked many performance attributes that were important. I was completely disheartened.

7) I wanted a bike that I could ride in the city or on the highway and in both settings feel the excitement of extracting all the bike’s grin inducing performance – to feel like a racer – without the threat of losing my licence. To get this kind of fun from the R1 I would have to ride around in 1st gear all the time and even then I would be at risk of losing my licence in the city. And what fun would that be? Not to mention the stress on the bike. Once again, the R1 just couldn’t offer the same level of fun performance. Like it has been said many times – it’s more fun to ride a slow bike “fast” than it is to ride a fast bike “slow”. And perhaps unlike many people who ride large bikes, having fun riding is important to me.

Finally I secretly yearned to be worshipped as a hero by my fellow riders on large bikes. These “experienced” riders have all at one time asserted that riding a low displacement bike on the highway is unsafe, as the power wouldn’t be there to get out of danger if needed. Wow instant “street cred” right there! They’ve all conceded that they have been (or would be) “scared $hitless” when riding a small bike on the highway not to mention the absolute terror of being blown around in your lane or being blown off the road by tractor trailers. I could simply explain to them that if these bikes were truly unsafe, there would be road statistics to back this up and hefty insurance premiums that aptly addressed this supposed issue. However, I’ve preferred to stay quiet and let them continue to believe that I am a hero – a renegade, maverick rider with boundless courage and better physical conditioning that enables me to ride under conditions that they would be far too afraid to ever attempt or at least ever attempt again.

While it is evident and incontrovertible that the R1 is glaringly lacking in a number of key performance areas – I would definitely consider downgrading to an R1 from my CBR125R if its cornucopia-like list of performance decrements could be addressed, as I’ve heard (anecdotally) that it is a much faster bike. But would it be worth it to get a one-trick pony R1 just to improve on one aspect of performance? I am anxiously awaiting the introduction of the 2012 Yamaha R1. I figure that if Yamaha can knock $10,000 off the MSRP, remove 100 lbs of weight, and double the fuel economy, this might make it competitive enough in terms of performance with the CBR125R that I just might be convinced to ride blue. Otherwise – I’ll just buy a 2011 CBR250R (with ABS and in black please), as it will come much closer to meeting the criteria I’ve outlined above.

:cheesy: brilliant!

PS. The 250 is actually the exact same size as the new 150, with the exception of bigger tires and motors, and is smaller than the Ninja 250, so I don't think the slicing & dicing of city traffic will be that much different from the 150.

Not exactly correct. The 250 has longer wheelbase (5.7cm 2.2inch longer) and a lower seat than the new 150 (but the 250 has the same seat height as the old 150).

Different frame too. The old 150 and new 150 have the same frame, with just a longer swing-arm (1.9cm .8inch), but the 250 has a 7.6cm (3inch) longer wheelbase than the old 150.

The 250 is also wider than the old 150 - in the handlebars (I think that the new 150 and the 250 are the same width...)

I've owned the old 150 and now the 250, and that being said, the 250 'slices and dices' through stopped traffic just fine. I was worried about it too, but I give it a solid 90% compared to the old 150.

Easy easy

From Honda Canada (CBR125 not 150 - same same...):

CBR250

new CBR125/150

old CBR125/150

ps - thanks skybluestu for that link. I posted it in the CBR/Ninja fight thread! I like the fact the the speedo seems to be accurate...

PS. The 250 is actually the exact same size as the new 150

The 250:

Length: 2035mm

Width: 720mm

The 150:

Length: 1977mm

Width: 695mm

with the exception of bigger tires and motors, and is smaller than the Ninja 250,

Ninja:

width: 713mm

lenght: 2085mm

The CBR250 is both longer and wider than both the ninja and the 150.

It is very rare that I get stuck in traffic on the CBR 250, it feels lighter and smaller than it is. I certainly wouldn't consider the extra size as a reason not to buy it.

The 250:

The 150:

with the exception of bigger tires and motors, and is smaller than the Ninja 250,

Ninja:

It is very rare that I get stuck in traffic on the CBR 250, it feels lighter and smaller than it is. I certainly wouldn't consider the extra size as a reason not to buy it.

Hate to be pedantic, but by your numbers you have the Ninja (2085mm) longer than the CBR (2035mm)

and the CBR is 7mm wider which is same as a stack of 7 baht.

The 250:

The 150:

Ninja:

Erm... Since when is 2035mm longer than 2085mm... :ermm::unsure::blink:

These were put up before

. . . . . . . . . . . . . L . . . W . . H . . . . . WB . . Seat . . Ground . . C/T ...... Weight (kgs)

Old CBR150R 1910 x 652 x 1065 . . . 1286 . . 776 . . . . 172 . . . 25/88 . . . . 115

New CBR150. 1977 x 695 x 1130 . . . 1310 . . 793? . . . 185 . . . 25/90 . . . . 138

New CBR250. 2035 x 720 x 1125 . . . 1370 . . 780 . . . . 145 . . . 25/95 . . . . 161/165

Ninja 250 . . .. 2085 x 715 x 1115 . . . 1400 . . 790 . . . . 135 . . . 27/85 . . . . 170

LxWxH (mm)

WB = wheel base (mm)

Seat = seat height (mm)

Ground = ground clearance (mm)

C/T = Castor (degrees)/Trail (mm)

Ok, ok, I didn't get out a tape measure and go millimeter by millimeter, but when I parked my new 150 next to a new 250, by all appearances, they LOOKED to be dam_n near identical in size. That better? lol. And, again, without measuring, or going online to check actual numbers, the 250 CBR, to me, APPEARS to be smaller than the Ninja.

Ok, so maybe my meds hadn't really kicked in that day and my eyes were a little out of focus (and maybe my brain as well), but the main point is that I was actually surprised at the size of the CBR 250 as, for some reason, I was thinking it would be about the same as the Ninja 250 I rented for a few days, and didn't really care for in city traffic.

Either way, meds or no meds, once I get a few other things taken care of, I'm going to buy one. 2 tone silver to be exact, with ABS, thank you.

:rolleyes:

It's those weedy tyres on the Ninja; makes it look much thinner and smaller! :lol:

One of the reason's I choose the Honda is that i thought it was bigger than the Ninja. I saw a Ninja in town last weekend and it looked tiny and sounded like my girlfriends hairdryer ( the guy gave it some beans when he saw me on the CBR)

The 250 is rock solid on my 100km daily commute. smile.gif

It's those weedy tyres on the Ninja; makes it look much thinner and smaller! :lol:

One of the reason's I choose the Honda is that i thought it was bigger than the Ninja. I saw a Ninja in town last weekend and it looked tiny and sounded like my girlfriends hairdryer...

The Honda looks bigger.

The Ninja looks faster.

:D

Can't believe the old CBR150 was just 115 kg. How did it get so fat?

Has anyone managed to get a reasonable 1st class insurance quote from anywhere for the 2011 Cbr250.

My missus just tried Falcon and they only sell via the dealers (Kawasaki).

I got a Thaivisa quote some time ago for 12,xxx.

Any one get any other quotes????

Has anyone managed to get a reasonable 1st class insurance quote from anywhere for the 2011 Cbr250.

That is almost exactly what my insurance agent said 1st class would cost...

That is almost exactly what my insurance agent said 1st class would cost...

WJ.. Did they quote you for 3rd class, fire/theft with agreed bike damage/replacement.. I know some insurance companies do that for cars. And i thought for big bikes as well.

WJ.. Did they quote you for 3rd class, fire/theft with agreed bike damage/replacement.. I know some insurance companies do that for cars. And i thought for big bikes as well.

Three thousand something. Because I got the bike cheap (102900) they are giving a replacement of 80thou. But because the price now seems to be higher, I asked him to try to raise my replacement value.

I'll let you know when I get the forms, and pay...

This is the reason i sold my ninja 250..The insurance was running more then 10% of the value of the bike....My izuzu dmax insurance is under 10,000 with around 400k replacement...

Three thousand something. Because I got the bike cheap (102900) they are giving a replacement of 80thou. But because the price now seems to be higher, I asked him to try to raise my replacement value.

I'll let you know when I get the forms, and pay...

Thanks Mate. If you can let us know what cover and cost and also where you got it. That would be magic.. Cheers :D

Archived