Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not exactly the 10% they told me at the BKK motorshow.

Must be nice not to have that stock pipe 'sound' though.

Yeah sound is quite nice at least ppl recognizes you when u are appearing in their mirror :D

Anybody know how to check if the pipe connections are sealed properly? Cause i have a little feeling its not 100%, btw look like k-speed fitted that pipe on my bike for the first time as the first clamping not fitted they made a new one and the job doesnt look like they did it before. Iam assuming they just mounted the pipe on the show bike untested for show.

Are you for real? You've changed the exhaust <deleted>, not the gearing.

so?

What he means is that no matter what you do for more power (exhaust, bore the cylinder, or even turbo...), the rpm of the engine remains directly proportional to the speed.

Gears are gears and don't change their ratio just because the engine breathes better!

It will always be the same rpm for the same speed (unless you change gears or sprockets or tires...)

I noticed some 'knocking' noise at 5-6krpm this morning. I think its in all gears but is most noticeable in 5th and 6th. I'm convinced its from the engine.

Had some fairing rattle in 1st and 2nd last week and only when the bike was cold. Gone now.

2200KMS. One Oil change. Needed one chain 'lubing' after heavy rain riding. Engine sound still evolving (nicely)cool.gif

Got in some good riding over the weekend. P.Town to Leam Sing and back along the beach roads two up.

The knocking noise is much more pronounced with extra labour of another passenger and hills and so MUST be coming from the engine. No change in performance or sound anywhere. Just a knocking noise at approx 5-6k rpm.

<deleted> is it? It's doing my head in! annoyed.gif

so?

What he means is that no matter what you do for more power (exhaust, bore the cylinder, or even turbo...), the rpm of the engine remains directly proportional to the speed.

Gears are gears and don't change their ratio just because the engine breathes better!

It will always be the same rpm for the same speed (unless you change gears or sprockets or tires...)

Really? Then why does my friends Ford truck that has a turbo go faster than my truck. same gearbox and final drive. hummm hummmbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

It's because it has more power and reaches the mechanical limit of the gears,

A vehicle with less power is not reaching the mechanical limit, This is why many times when people use the speed/gear calculators they show a higher speed than many machines actually go. Because they are underpowered, very much like Hilli is suggesting.

But hey maybe not. But i would love some to explain it another way.. maybe it's magic.

so?

Really? Then why does my friends Ford truck that has a turbo go faster than my truck. same gearbox and final drive. hummm hummmbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

A vehicle with less power is not reaching the mechanical limit, This is why many times when people use the speed/gear calculators they show a higher speed than many machines actually go. Because they are underpowered, very much like Hilli is suggesting.

But hey maybe not. But i would love some to explain it another way.. maybe it's magic.

Yes thats the way i was thinking, to be honest without any mechanical background in my mind. So to check if the exhaust improved something i have to stop the time in which i can reach a specific speed? Or of casue preform a Dyno run.

Did they remember to hook up the O2 sensor?

Hili, to answer your earlier post about checking for exhaust leaks you could also run your hand around the joints at first start up when the bike is cold. You don't have to touch the exhaust and should be able to feel the air blowing on your hand. Or you could also get a piece of hose or tube and listen for the leaks.

Did they remember to hook up the O2 sensor?

Hili, to answer your earlier post about checking for exhaust leaks you could also run your hand around the joints at first start up when the bike is cold. You don't have to touch the exhaust and should be able to feel the air blowing on your hand. Or you could also get a piece of hose or tube and listen for the leaks.

Thanks for the tip taichi, the O2 Sensor is still in its origin place as the silencer is a slip on. First part of the down pipe is untouched.

I noticed some 'knocking' noise at 5-6krpm this morning. I think its in all gears but is most noticeable in 5th and 6th. I'm convinced its from the engine.

Had some fairing rattle in 1st and 2nd last week and only when the bike was cold. Gone now.

2200KMS. One Oil change. Needed one chain 'lubing' after heavy rain riding. Engine sound still evolving (nicely)

Got in some good riding over the weekend. P.Town to Leam Sing and back along the beach roads two up.

The knocking noise is much more pronounced with extra labour of another passenger and hills and so MUST be coming from the engine. No change in performance or sound anywhere. Just a knocking noise at approx 5-6k rpm.

<deleted> is it? It's doing my head in!

I have a roughish buzzing sound at these revs, at first I though it was the engine, after a bit of research it seemed to be a faring rattle, and finally... I've located it....

It's coming from the dashboard.

Pushing, pressing and prodding the dash area before I take off will either lower the sound or get rid of it completely. But it comes back later. Removed the 4 nuts to try take it off and take a look and refit it but it doesn't it come out that way. Will really get into it and sort it out when I have time.

And when you're going up that hill your engine RPMs and speed will both be lower.

If you're going the same RPM but less speed than there's a chance you've got clutch slippage though..

Benzine 91 is always the red colour pump.

Benzin 91 has switched to yellow colour last year already !

Not in the stations I go to.

Unless it's another separate form of benzine 91. :huh:

'B91 extra - somtam injected' or something.

Thai writing stil says Benzine 91 and it's still in the red pump though.

Have you tried switching from PTT 91 benzine to PURE 91 benzine?

Do you think, that there is a big difference???huh.gif

Why are you guys using PTT. iT IS THE WORST FUEL for quality in Thailand.

Do your selves a favour and use Caltex, Esso or Petronas. All acceptable quality according to Denso.

"...res ipsa loquitor"

I used to fill up with PTT only. Then, on a back road, low on fuel somewhere in Mae Tang, the first gas station I came upon was PURE station. I asked for a full tank of Benzine 91.

The pump guy was grinning at me and spoke in Thai about how the fuel was going to give some kick. Dismissed it as small talk, him probably just trying to be friendly -- not a lot of bike riders in the area.

Several kilometers later, I noticed the engine sounded better (I listen to the engine when changing gears and never really use the tach that much).

Maybe thaicbr is right...

Red.. Those details were given by someone who works for Denso.

They have a separate Lab that test the fuel in Thailand to ascertain who is at fault in a warranty claim..

Ptt come out lowest, Esso top and the person mentioned will NEVER use PTT fuel in their own vehicle whether car or bike.

Red.. Those details were given by someone who works for Denso.

They have a separate Lab that test the fuel in Thailand to ascertain who is at fault in a warranty claim..

Ptt come out lowest, Esso top and the person mentioned will NEVER use PTT fuel in their own vehicle whether car or bike.

Good to hear... Likewise, I'm not filling up at any of their stations either from now on.

Benzine 91 is always the red colour pump.

Benzin 91 has switched to yellow colour last year already !

Not in the stations I go to.

Unless it's another separate form of benzine 91. :huh:

'B91 extra - somtam injected' or something.

Thai writing stil says Benzine 91 and it's still in the red pump though.

Still red here up north... even the Honda manual has Benzine 91 in red.

B91 extra somtam injected... I wonder how the exhaust would smell with that :bah:.

Archived