Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Benzine 91 is always the red colour pump.

Benzin 91 has switched to yellow colour last year already !

Not in the stations I go to.

Unless it's another separate form of benzine 91. :huh:

'B91 extra - somtam injected' or something.

Thai writing stil says Benzine 91 and it's still in the red pump though.

Still red here up north... even the Honda manual has Benzine 91 in red.

B91 extra somtam injected... I wonder how the exhaust would smell with that :bah:.

It's the colour of the actual fuel itself that has changed, Benzine 91 used to be red but a few months ago it changed to yellow, it is still the red pump at the gas stations though.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red.. Those details were given by someone who works for Denso.

They have a separate Lab that test the fuel in Thailand to ascertain who is at fault in a warranty claim..

Ptt come out lowest, Esso top and the person mentioned will NEVER use PTT fuel in their own vehicle whether car or bike.

Thats very interesting.

Where you know that from?

Because some engineer, working for Shell told me, as long as they don´t have their own refinerie here in Thailand, its all the same.

They just put their own additive into it......!!!?ermm.gif

They have a separate Lab that test the fuel in Thailand to ascertain who is at fault in a warranty claim..

Ptt come out lowest, Esso top and the person mentioned will NEVER use PTT fuel in their own vehicle whether car or bike.

Thats very interesting.

Because some engineer, working for Shell told me, as long as they don´t have their own refinerie here in Thailand, its all the same.

It was an forensic engineer from Denso. It's not just the fuel it's actually the state of the stations and the storage / delivery processes.

Thats very interesting.

It was an forensic engineer from Denso. It's not just the fuel it's actually the state of the stations and the storage / delivery processes.

I have to say I am a little sceptical on this type of comment and I would have to see the results of any forensic survey before I would look to prefer one over another.

After all apart from PETRONAS they are all coming from local refineries and if you compare the quality of gas stations and delivery tankers then you would have to say that PTT comes out favourable.

I have used Mobil, Caltex, and PTT in my CBR and I can't say I noticed any real difference.

Thats very interesting.

I have to say I am a little sceptical on this type of comment and I would have to see the results of any forensic survey before I would look to prefer one over another.

After all apart from PETRONAS they are all coming from local refineries and if you compare the quality of gas stations and delivery tankers then you would have to say that PTT comes out favourable.

I have used Mobil, Caltex, and PTT in my CBR and I can't say I noticed any real difference.

Hey mate it's entirely up to you if your happy then fine. If you want to use PTT then no one is stopping you.

I merely passed on information that i had received, so do not shoot the messenger.

On a personal note i much prefer pretty much any station than PTT because frankly the whistle blowing, belligerent attendants who constantly try to overflow my gas tank kinda piss me off.biggrin.gif

Hey mate it's entirely up to you if your happy then fine. If you want to use PTT then no one is stopping you.

I merely passed on information that i had received, so do not shoot the messenger.

On a personal note i much prefer pretty much any station than PTT because frankly the whistle blowing, belligerent attendants who constantly try to overflow my gas tank kinda piss me off.biggrin.gif

I tend not to base any decisions on hear say.

I myself in 24 years of driving and riding here have not come across a belligerent attendant and generally I find most of them polite and friendly.

So I will continue to use Caltex, Mobil, Shell, Petronas, PURE, Esso,PT and PTT, thank you.

According to the sales brochure the CBR250 is supposed to be able to run on Ben91, Gas91, Gas95 and E20. So is the problem with the bike or the fuel?

There was a random test done on servos in 2010 and about 3% were found to have poor quality fuel; mostly in the Northeast. No names given.

http://thaifinancialpost.com/2010/10/16/three-percent-of-petrol-in-thailand-is-of-low-quality/

India has a system where the station has to supply a 'filter paper' on request so anyone can check the quality of the fuel. I'd be interested to know how it works and what the 'filter paper' is.

http://petroleum.nic.in/petqual.htm

BTW Not that it has to do with fuel quality but PTT was the operator of the oil rig at Montara that leaked oil into the Timor Sea last year. Some contamination of land and fishing areas around Timor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montara_oil_spill

BTW Not that it has to do with fuel quality but PTT was the operator of the oil rig at Montara that leaked oil into the Timor Sea last year. Some contamination of land and fishing areas around Timor.

http://en.wikipedia....ntara_oil_spill

I have worked in the OG&C industry for 34 years and believe me all of the major oil companies have had incidents where they have caused major pollution.

Whoa! An entire page on fuels!

I have now run almost all the Gasohol out of my bike and will fill up with Benzine next. I will report tomorrow whether the knocking has stopped or not.

Watch this space.

Does the knocking come from like the under tank area? If yes my bike has the same, me would describe it like a ticking/ knocking. Comes and goes but most i recognize in lower gears. I was running gasohol95 so far only. Will test benzine also.

Noticed this on the JR motors web site, looks like some kind of power box! Can anyone translate it properly (not google)??

http://www.jrmotor.c...94037&WBntype=3

Interesting. Sounds a bit far fetched for 1,200b 'power box'.

fuel efficiency increased by 5-10%.

top speed increased by 10%.

Just a heads up about JR "black box". It simply fools the stock ECU to add fuel across the board by altering the inputs from sensors.

This is what someone told me.

Hi Mike,

i was not happy - there might be a very small increase of power but the fuel increase consumption was enormous. So removed it already.

But some of my Friends still use it and they are happy .

But I am biasedohmy.gif

Noticed this on the JR motors web site, looks like some kind of power box! Can anyone translate it properly (not google)??

http://www.jrmotor.c...94037&WBntype=3

Interesting. Sounds a bit far fetched for 1,200b 'power box'.

fuel efficiency increased by 5-10%.

top speed increased by 10%.

Just a heads up about JR "black box". It simply fools the stock ECU to add fuel across the board by altering the inputs from sensors.

This is what someone told me.

Hi Mike,

i was not happy - there might be a very small increase of power but the fuel increase consumption was enormous. So removed it already.

But some of my Friends still use it and they are happy .

But I am biasedohmy.gif

Does sound too good to be true! I've wanted to test it on my Wave but haven't heard of anyone using it; i might give it a go and see what happens. It has a 6 months warranty and full refund if returned in 10 days. And why is it so cheap? "Because there is no one else involved with it, no advertising costs, the unit is not beautiful looking but concentrates on efficiency"!

Maybe it works better on some models than others?

I might also attach a crystal to the bike to help realign the molecular polarity! :lol:

I have now run almost all the Gasohol out of my bike and will fill up with Benzine next. I will report tomorrow whether the knocking has stopped or not.

Watch this space.

Does the knocking come from like the under tank area? If yes my bike has the same, me would describe it like a ticking/ knocking. Comes and goes but most i recognize in lower gears. I was running gasohol95 so far only. Will test benzine also.

Filled up with Benzine 91 last night. Or at least thats what I asked for at the Shell station.

I feel that there is definite improvement in performance and the bike sounds a little better. However the knocking sound is still there though i think a little quieter.

Still the same knocking sound from the engine under labour at around 4-5k rpm. I will hunt around for some Benzine 95 and see if that makes any difference.

Other than the above the bikes going like a rocket and sounding really nice. The banging thumper is becoming much smoother and happy to rev. smile.gif

Watch this space.

Filled up with Benzine 91 last night. Or at least thats what I asked for at the Shell station.

I feel that there is definite improvement in performance and the bike sounds a little better. However the knocking sound is still there though i think a little quieter.

Still the same knocking sound from the engine under labour at around 4-5k rpm. I will hunt around for some Benzine 95 and see if that makes any difference.

Other than the above the bikes going like a rocket and sounding really nice. The banging thumper is becoming much smoother and happy to rev. smile.gif

does Shell sell 91 petrol any more, thought they sold V-Power E10 and E20 only

Kernow. Have you checked the oil?

Uh, No. Changed at 1k dealer said come back at 4k. Right now I'm on 2.3k ish.

Do you think I should change it before then? Can't hurt eh?

Check that there is enough oil in the bike. Maybe they did not put enough in at the servicecool.gif

It's happened before here in LOS were they are so used to just dumping a bottle of oil in then finish.

Watch this space.

I have no idea! I went to the second Shell you pass on the way to P.Town from Sarasin Bridge asked from Benzine and was told Mai Mee and to go to the next Shell. Went there and asked for Benzine - they filled her up!

It would be so easy if the fuel names were in English and Thai! I must admit I have been worried that one day i'll get diesel!blink.gif

As thaicbr said check the oil level. If it is engine knock or pre-ignition then not good for the engine. You really need to go to a dealer that has diagnostic equipment (not sure that exists here) as could be one of the engine sensors is not working properly or maybe a wire was disconnected somehow.

It would be so easy if the fuel names were in English and Thai! I must admit I have been worried that one day i'll get diesel!blink.gif

Benzine = เบนซิน

Perhaps print it out and keep it in your wallet to show them.

The font is usually different on the pumps so not easy to immediately recognise it.

Do you think I should change it before then? Can't hurt eh?

I changed mine at 150km. 1200km, 2000km and 3000km.

To much head-scratching and bewilderment of various Thai 'mechanics'.

Even more bewilderment when asking for a new oil filter.... 'but new bike, oil filter okay *crazy/stupid farang look* '.

Just got back from Honda, I had to pick up my book but it turned out that they had not managed to spell my name correctly!!!

And when I pointed that out, the nevermind came from them, not important- and the famous question... Are you sure it is wrong? Is it like this in the passport???

Silly people... but walking around in showroom while they tried to find a solution was rewarding...

A Honda Tank bag was up for sale, brand new, 900B... so I haggled myself to a 10% discount and rounded that down to 800B...

magnetic clips and straps, waterproof and nice... I like it..

Tankbag.jpg[/img]

Snowflake, I have two of their bags ( big and small size) and they are very good. On the big one I have never used the bungies, just the magnets. I toured with them on my 150 in all kinds of conditions and they stay in place perfectly. Pretty good product for the price I think.

marcus

For the clunking thing people are talking about... Make sure that the mechanics when they change oil that they put enough back inn...

My guy almost forgot that I needed 2 bottles instead of the normal 1... that could be something...

My bike is all good...

Marcus, the bag I have now looks really good for what I paid for it... I like that I can also hang it on the cabinet at the office, 800B for that... someone must be joking out there!!!

I have no idea! I went to the second Shell you pass on the way to P.Town from Sarasin Bridge asked from Benzine and was told Mai Mee and to go to the next Shell. Went there and asked for Benzine - they filled her up!

Shell (in Chiangmai area) DOES NOT have pure benzine anymore. Even the 95 octane fuel has alcohol now.

Red pumps at Esso Caltex etc 91 benzine

I work for Sumet Cycle in Nonthaburi. I have noticed a lot of talk about the price of the CBR 250. Honda isn't releasing the bikes fast enough to the dealers. I think this is causing a lot of dealers to jack up the price. It is a basic supply and demand situation. If a customer were to order a red or black non-ABS model from us today they could be looking at up to a two month wait, as these seem to be the most popular colors. The silver model might arrive a bit earlier. According to my salesperson at Honda they aren't even going to release any ABS versions this month. I'm not sure what's going on, but perhaps they are busy shipping around the world, and leaving a shortage here. Right now we charge 120,000 baht for the non-ABS model, and 130,000 for the ABS model.

Archived