Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, DBS have just released a new pipe for the ninja.

Rumour has it that it's very similar to the CBR250 pipe that they're developing for release supposedly next month - triangular in shape and carbon fiber.

dsc00614pi.jpgdsc00616do.jpg

dsc01283_resize.jpg

9000b full system. 6500b slip on.

Full CBR system is rumoured to be about 7500.

You mean you guys have knocked up your CBRs!!!! :blink::lol:

Might be the best way to try and get some more for sale rolleyes.gif

Although I could have bought a black ABS model for 130k on Wednesday, but I have a black car already and don't want to have to wash the bike everyday as well.

Nice info about the Kawa oil filter.

Anyone know how much they cost at the big bike on Rama 9?

Perhaps they'll fit it and fix my dashboard rattle while they're at it. :D

The Kawa EX650 oil filter is something like 180 Baht, so the one that fits the CBR 250 is probably less. :)

<deleted> had a proper look at the oil window and oil is even less than the lower bar. done around 700 km so far hope no damage done. What kind of mechanics argh but i should blame myself for not checking before. What u ppl think it can be serious? Also when i started the bike up today some smoke and typical smell came out the exhaust and when i opened the oil cap of the motor there was smoke coming out too....... i am worried...

Slightly low oil is no big deal, but smoke from the exhaust is certainly not normal or good.

Before you blame the mechanics consider that the oil could be low because the bike is burning oil.

Do not ride until you get it sorted!

k anyway tomorrow i will go straight to the dealer and let him fill up some more oil i mean the level marks aren't there for no reason?

btw also checked the exhaust if its sealed proper, not its not can feel some air at the joints..... little bit disappointed of the performance of k-speed.

It's perfectly normal for a performance exhaust to "leak" at the joints. This is not a defect and nothing to be "disappointed" about... :rolleyes:

BTW, DBS have just released a new pipe for the ninja.

Rumour has it that it's very similar to the CBR250 pipe that they're developing for release supposedly next month - triangular in shape and carbon fiber.

dsc00614pi.jpgdsc00616do.jpg

dsc01283_resize.jpg

9000b full system. 6500b slip on.

Full CBR system is rumoured to be about 7500.

I had quite a lengthy conversation with Visit at DBS just yesterday, he said the carbon CBR triangle full system is about 2-3 weeks away from being finished and will be 9000baht which is the same as the Ninja one they make. He said he'll call me as soon as they are ready and also sent me a pic, lovely looking pipe and great quality from DBS too.

post-61039-0-54461200-1297399698_thumb.j

k anyway tomorrow i will go straight to the dealer and let him fill up some more oil i mean the level marks aren't there for no reason?

btw also checked the exhaust if its sealed proper, not its not can feel some air at the joints..... little bit disappointed of the performance of k-speed.

It's perfectly normal for a performance exhaust to "leak" at the joints. This is not a defect and nothing to be "disappointed" about... :rolleyes:

Thanks BBBK so one less thing i have to worry, iam quite new to bikes so alot to learn and find out :D About the smoke i started it up in the morning again a little "white" smoke came out again but after none, not really smelling burnt more like benzine could it be cause it started cold?

Thanks BBBK so one less thing i have to worry, iam quite new to bikes so alot to learn and find out :D About the smoke i started it up in the morning again a little "white" smoke came out again but after none, not really smelling burnt more like benzine could it be cause it started cold?

Cheers Mate,

Well, you need to determine if what's coming out of your pipe is burning oil (which will SMELL) or just water vapor. After the bike is warm does it still blow smoke when you re-start it? If yes, then you've got a problem. If no, then the "smoke" is probably just water vapor and nothing to worry about. Ride On! Tony

Slightly low oil is no big deal, but smoke from the exhaust is certainly not normal or good.

Before you blame the mechanics consider that the oil could be low because the bike is burning oil.

Do not ride until you get it sorted!

Looks like you are right, motor is burning oil. Could it caused of the new pipe? Strange cause with the new pipe i did a trip 300km and dindt recognize any burn or smell. Since then it was parked so yesterday when starting it up it happened. Brought it to my dealer, they want to test it with the original pipe, tomorrow i will know more... annoyed.gif

Hilli... it sounds like you may have valve seat or piston ring problems. Probably due to the Mechanic NOT using enough oil when the oil was changed.. If i was you i would check with another Honda shop or the manual how much oil should have been used (snowflake said 2 bottle) and check ya invoice if ya paid for 2 bottles it's about 120b a bottle.

Then complain like mad at the dealer that did the service, especially if they sold it you as well.

Good luck

B)

Thanks thaicbr, question is if there was too less oil from the beginning on or it burnt to this low level which it is now. But i tend to the first, about how much oil there should be in is easy there are two marks at the window i guess first is min and second is max. Current level is below min. On the invoice there is nothing mentioned about oil.... lemme see

If you could see oil in the window, then it's more than likely not too little in it to do damage.

Also I noticed that the Honda oil is in 0.8L btls, so two bottles are 1.6L, not 2L. What is the recommended oil fill of the 250?

About the smoke i started it up in the morning again a little "white" smoke came out again but after none,

This doesn't sound like serious trouble.

If you could see oil in the window, then it's more than likely not too little in it to do damage.

Also I noticed that the Honda oil is in 0.8L btls, so two bottles are 1.6L, not 2L. What is the recommended oil fill of the 250?

About the smoke i started it up in the morning again a little "white" smoke came out again but after none,

This doesn't sound like serious trouble.

On a brand new bike ANY smoke coming out the exhaust is a BIG problem.

good report about the engine.

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/honda-cbr250r-engine-design

Actually it's quite common for bikes with new exhausts to smoke for the first 50 miles or so, and give off a smell, as they typically come with a thin coating of oil to stop them from rusting or oxidizing in the box.

From what I've heard from various sources.

I thought the same but what made me worry is that even smoke can out of the engine when i opened the oil cap....... i am not sure what its all about cause if have non experience, could be ok could be worse.... at least the dealer told me don't worry if anything wrong can claim at honda just mount the stock exhaust back on. So no trip for me tomorrow mad.gif

2_1642_78d2b3c473a9220.jpg

Looks nice with the nose slightly dipped, black rims some nice rear cowling eh.

Was thinking of dipping the nose a bit, but going on 400km rides out of bkk at least once a week i don't it would be worth it... presuming it would change the aerodynamics and push more air onto your body.

That bike isn't mine.

Think they have rear cowlings in the after-market broucher, they do for the 150 anyway. Perhaps it's the same fit, or perhaps one only for the 250. they do have a Honda rear cowling for the 250 that folds up and acts as a cubby space.

Probably looks bigger due to the rear cowling and the front lowered, so the large, wide fairings are lower and more dominating.

Archived