Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

All those cowlings from thai boards are locally made nothing "official". But in europe honda is listing it as accessories, but none here as you can see all available accessories on jrmotor and prospects from the dealers......

post-77479-0-08686500-1297527973_thumb.j

175 euro about 7500bht, show this picture mr somchai and save some $$

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys can we put together confirmed prices for both models, and where from? as it seems that we are playing CBR lottery......

Greenwing, only in Chiang Rai and Phayao I believe, sell the standard bike for 105,000 and the ABS bike for 120,000. There is another Honda dealer about 50mtrs from a Greenwing asking 135k for their ABS bike, greedy feckers!

http://www.greenwing.co.th/EN/

Who has 1st class insurance for thier bike yet?? and what did you pay? am hearing 12k???? mods please dont move this to the insurance section

yep.. 12k. i have a quote from AA insurance (thaivisa insurance)

It seems that APe Honda have not bothered to arrange insurance.. The dicks!

Daytrip to Lopburi and overall review after 4500km.

Unfortunately had to cancel my 1000km foray into Isaan for the weekend, so made up for it with a nice day trip to Lopburi today.

About 150km North of BKK, and famed for its monkey population and khmer temples.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Lopburi

http://www.thailand-...n-thailand.html

Two rival factions of monkeys have taken over the old town and claim it for themselves. Have to admit I'd be quite happy to send every city-dwelling monkey back to their maker via napalm, little bastards. At least the ones with pink asses that throw stuff (mainly their shit) at you. So really only went up here to enjoy my bike on the fantastic Route 347.

Coming from BKK on Viphawadee-Rangsit you take a left at Future Park onto the 346, then a right onto the 347.

lopburim1.jpg

lopburim2.jpg

Now you have about 40km of 3 perfectly straight, empty lanes, lined with palm trees and paddy fields. Beautiful…. Wanna do your speed test, here's the place to go for it.

After the turn off for Ayutthaya it gets a nice and bendy for the final 30-40km.

lopburim4.jpg

A beautiful 3 laned, quiet road with lovely scenery, on a warm blue skied day. Can't ask for more really… (besides for horsepower I guess)

pict0026xr.jpg

pict0047u.jpg

pict0030w.jpg

Some khmer temples close to the railway station in the old town. I didn't bother going in, once you've seen 20 khmer temples you've kind of seen them all, especially when they're not exactly the biggest ones in the region.

The Beast:

pict0069c.jpg

My orange-peel black muffler guard.

Looking forward to doing the whole bike in all black, maybe dip the nose a little....

pict0076dw.jpg

So far have just painted the muffler guard, added the white tyre writing, and cut off the bottom mudguard beneath the (red) plate, which I think gives the bikes a nice aesthetic.

pict0006ae.jpg

Some of the filthy, dirty little bastards.

pict0042hv.jpg

pict0056j.jpg

On the way home spotted this stupa off behind some paddy fields by Ayutthaya, this pic really doesn't do it justice, in reality it's massive.

pict0072ma.jpg

Now the bike, with over 4500km on it is an absolute dream. On a windless day like today it was dominating the highway at 150kph+ without even trying. Without going for any speed-tests the fastest I saw was 153kph with some more left, if I kept it pinned on the long empty road I'd guess it would keep going into the high 150s without a super-massive effort.

The final 30km of twists and turns and long and short bends were a joy, the tyres on these sorts of roads being far, far better than I had expected them to be, throwing it down it and powering into the bends in the powerband is done with confidence and the feather light CBR is a joy to fling in and of the twists and turns.

And the acceleration from the lights is astounding. Everything is left for dead and as you're doing 150kph+ before the Fortuners are hitting triple digits, it'll take a long stretch of road for them to catch you. Once today I had a pick up tailgating me at 100kph so as soon as the road opened up I hit the throttle a little and pulled over to let him have the outside lane, catch me if you can, no chance mate, upto and cruising at 150kph they simply don't have the power to catch or over take you.

First thing I did today was inflate the tyres to 30psi, I usually like them around 25 simply as personal preference, and immediately the difference was noticeable where highspeed was concerned.

Must say that I'm in love with this little CBR, and today's ride was a perfect test for it: weaving out of the city, dominating dead-straight highway to the point of humiliating pickups and fortuners, and 30km of being flung in and out of single-lane twists and turns really let it show off that it excels in each and every department. Even got to repeatedly test the light flasher at all the pickups and mini-vans that seem to think they've the born right to come at you head-on in order to overtake three cars at once while going round a blind single lane bend… bless.

2-up.... last month I took the missus down to the beach, 100km from city to suburbs to highway, didn't need to go over 6000rpm the whole way! The power between 5000 and 6000rpm getting us in and out of the city perfectly, very light and comfortable 100kph cruising down the highway. On the way back I opened up from 100kph at 6000rpm to whump past a fino on the highway and in sheer moments it was screaming into the 140s.

And value for money, at the 110,000thb I paid for it; brilliant.

If only I could get rid of that dashboard rattle from 6000rpm....

Daytrip to Lopburi and overall review after 4500km.

And value for money, at the 110,000thb I paid for it; brilliant.

If only I could get rid of that dashboard rattle from 6000rpm....

Nice trip report!

Sat Trip

400k round trip to Pak Chong via the "Tunnel of Trees" which is great for hills, twisties and views.

Can't find it on google but I'll study the map with a mate who knows and try to post route!

It's highly recomended.:thumbsup:

Rattle Test

Shot down the road without my helmet on Friday [No lectures please] and noticed that buzz at 6k.

Didn't notice any change pressing down anywhere.

Sounds engine buzz / crackle but my money is on plastics touching somewhere but where?

Tried pressing down as you did but no change.

Didn't get too involved due to road conditions

Research time :annoyed:

Value :thumbsup:

First good rain for a while in BKK today.

Waterproofs anyone?

What setting have folk chosen on their rear shock? The suspension has 5 settings and the stock bike is set at 3 which is default from the factory and good for a rider of around 70kg. I'm 90kg so am thinking of putting mine at 5 which will also get a tiny bit of extra height.

I'm 75kg and left the suspension alone.

If anything I think I'd lower it which will add extra stability, not that it needs it.

Also 74kg and left standard setting.

Took a 100kg+ mate on the back... was as well, as stable as any bike is with such a lump to deal with....:cheesy:

Err... I mean the pillion not the rider :wai:

An update on 'THE RATTLE!'

After leaving my bike with the Honda garage I returned about 3 hrs later to find that my bike was not there. I was informed the chief engineer had taken it somewhere, and that he would be back soon. I waited another half an hour then he got back with another guy on the bike. he then made a few phone calls and disappeared again for another half an hour. The next time he returned he came over and said he has no idea whats wrong and he asked me lots of questions on how i use the bike, what fuel i put in, how much do i weigh etc.

So they have no idea whats wrong with the bike and they have filled in a detailed report which they said they will send to Honda and call me when they get a response.

Oh dear. sad.gif

Kernow.. Is it a Honda main dealer or a smaller dealer.. The reason i ask is that i had a noise on a Cbr150 and the Main dealer diagnosed it straight away.

I'm not really sure. I think that when he disappeared he took it to another dealer to ask their mechanics. What did they diagnose your noise as?

BTW, I've all but fixed mine.

Cut off a small piece of cloth or rag. Fold it over 4 times.

Take folded rag and jam it between the frame and the bottom of the dash board.

This is just ahead of the key/ignition. There's a part of the frame in the center running under (and perpendicular to) the dashboard. Jam this rag between the two (bit awkward), and test.

Will post a picture later.

Did it last night, as well as a good bit of pressing and prodding, rattle all but gone. But still slightly audible at high rpm. Massive difference though.

If this is the cause it either needs a good rubber seal between the two, or the plastic bit cut off to not touch this part of the frame.

Try it.

I work for Sumet Cycle in Nonthaburi. I have noticed a lot of talk about the price of the CBR 250. Honda isn't releasing the bikes fast enough to the dealers. I think this is causing a lot of dealers to jack up the price. It is a basic supply and demand situation. If a customer were to order a red or black non-ABS model from us today they could be looking at up to a two month wait, as these seem to be the most popular colors. The silver model might arrive a bit earlier. According to my salesperson at Honda they aren't even going to release any ABS versions this month. I'm not sure what's going on, but perhaps they are busy shipping around the world, and leaving a shortage here. Right now we charge 120,000 baht for the non-ABS model, and 130,000 for the ABS model.

Brian... How much for a white kit for the Cbr250. eg: white fuel tank, white fairing and white tail side panels etc?

I understand that Honda are offering white in Europe.

Also do Sumet have Cbr250 oil filters in stock?

I just ordered an oil filter from Honda. Honda has them in stock. If you need one, I can have it here in a day. I'm not sure about the white kit though. I have heard that you can send your tank and bodyparts to the Honda factory for custom painting. It takes about two weeks to complete. If you are interested, I can get some more info and details for you. Thanks

Kernow.. Is it a Honda main dealer or a smaller dealer.. The reason i ask is that i had a noise on a Cbr150 and the Main dealer diagnosed it straight away.

I'm not really sure. I think that when he disappeared he took it to another dealer to ask their mechanics. What did they diagnose your noise as?

Mine was fairly easy..the piston was shagged from the dealer not putting enough oil in.. new piston and bore hone to fix... they paid for it as it was under warranty (2nd hand 3 month warranty) it happened the same night i took it out of the shop.. the owner sacked the young lad that changed the oil (personally i would have sacked the head mechanic seeing as how he trained the lad.. but there ya go)

An update on 'THE RATTLE!'

After leaving my bike with the Honda garage I returned about 3 hrs later to find that my bike was not there. I was informed the chief engineer had taken it somewhere, and that he would be back soon. I waited another half an hour then he got back with another guy on the bike. he then made a few phone calls and disappeared again for another half an hour. The next time he returned he came over and said he has no idea whats wrong and he asked me lots of questions on how i use the bike, what fuel i put in, how much do i weigh etc.

So they have no idea whats wrong with the bike and they have filled in a detailed report which they said they will send to Honda and call me when they get a response.

Oh dear. sad.gif

Hmmm if it is a serious problem maybe it caused mine to burn oil? Hopefully i will get an update of Honda today whats wrong with my bike...

Guys can we put together confirmed prices for both models, and where from? as it seems that we are playing CBR lottery......

Asked price at my friendly shop in Naklua Pattaya. 110k standard and a whopping 140k for ABS. A month or so ago it was 105k and 120k, though they were never really sure of the price on the ABS model. She said there is at least a 2 month waiting time if a bike was ordered today, which may explain the price hike. This is a small shop so i would guess bigger places have put in orders a while ago and some bikes will filter through.

Anyone actually have an ABS model in their possession?

Test rides are now available for the CBR 250 w/ ABS at Sumet Cycle in Nonthaburi.

We sell this model for 130,000 baht. This price includes registration, third person insurance, a jacket, and a Nippon helmet.

Financing for foreigners is available:

With a Thai guarantor, the minimum down payment is 39,000 baht, with an interest rate of 1.25%. Financed over two years, your payments would be 4,930 baht per month.

Without a Thai guarantor, the minimum down payment is 49,000 baht, with an interest rate of 1.00%. Financed over two years, your payments would be 4,185 baht per month.

Contact Brian @ 081-919-8570 if interested.

Test rides are now available for the CBR 250 w/ ABS at Sumet Cycle in Nonthaburi.

We sell this model for 130,000 baht. This price includes registration, third person insurance, a jacket, and a Nippon helmet.

Financing for foreigners is available:

With a Thai guarantor, the minimum down payment is 39,000 baht, with an interest rate of 1.25%. Financed over two years, your payments would be 4,930 baht per month.

Without a Thai guarantor, the minimum down payment is 49,000 baht, with an interest rate of 1.00%. Financed over two years, your payments would be 4,185 baht per month.

Contact Brian @ 081-919-8570 if interested.

Not bad rates for a Honda dealer. I'd still rather bend over and take a red hot poker, but maybe that's just me. When will Honda catch up and start offering finance through a bank like Kawasaki?

Anyone actually have an ABS model in their possession?

Nope, but they are out there. I was at a dealer on the number 9 road around Bangkok (sorry, forgot where) last Wednesday and they had an ABS model for 130k that I could have driven out the door, I don't want a black one though so I'm still waiting.

Archived