Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Test rides are now available for the CBR 250 w/ ABS at Sumet Cycle in Nonthaburi.

We sell this model for 130,000 baht. This price includes registration, third person insurance, a jacket, and a Nippon helmet.

Financing for foreigners is available:

With a Thai guarantor, the minimum down payment is 39,000 baht, with an interest rate of 1.25%. Financed over two years, your payments would be 4,930 baht per month.

Without a Thai guarantor, the minimum down payment is 49,000 baht, with an interest rate of 1.00%. Financed over two years, your payments would be 4,185 baht per month.

Contact Brian @ 081-919-8570 if interested.

Not bad rates for a Honda dealer. I'd still rather bend over and take a red hot poker, but maybe that's just me. When will Honda catch up and start offering finance through a bank like Kawasaki?

laugh.gif

So what kind of finance does Kawa do?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Test rides are now available for the CBR 250 w/ ABS at Sumet Cycle in Nonthaburi.

We sell this model for 130,000 baht. This price includes registration, third person insurance, a jacket, and a Nippon helmet.

With a Thai guarantor, the minimum down payment is 39,000 baht, with an interest rate of 1.25%. Financed over two years, your payments would be 4,930 baht per month.

Without a Thai guarantor, the minimum down payment is 49,000 baht, with an interest rate of 1.00%. Financed over two years, your payments would be 4,185 baht per month.

Not bad rates for a Honda dealer. I'd still rather bend over and take a red hot poker, but maybe that's just me. When will Honda catch up and start offering finance through a bank like Kawasaki?

We have our own financing company here at Sumet Cycle. We could have foreign customers apply for financing at Krungsri or other banks that offer motorcycle financing. However, there is a lot more paperwork and red tape involved for foreigners. Our interest rates are the same as Krungsri and other banks/financing companies.

We have our own financing company here at Sumet Cycle. We could have foreign customers apply for financing at Krungsri or other banks that offer motorcycle financing. However, there is a lot more paperwork and red tape involved for foreigners. Our interest rates are the same as Krungsri and other banks/financing companies.

If I plug the numbers into a loan calculator your APR comes out as double what I can finance a Versys for (for example), I guess Kawasaki make a special arrangement with Krungsri to get a lower rate. But like I said, for a Honda dealer your rates aren't bad, my regular dealer wants 2% to finance the 250.

Sorry, but I think it's total B.S. When Honda first advertised the bike, the Suggested Retail Price was 100,000 for the standard and 115,000 for ABS. But with the typical Thai attitude of "get everything you can today!", with no foresight past tomorrow, dealers are jacking prices up to whatever they think they can get by with. Last week I went to the Honda dealer on Huay Kaew Rd here in Chiang Mai to see the silver one. Price 130,000. When I told them Honda website had suggested price of 115k, the lady smiled that sweet Thai smile and told me that was "Bangkok Price", but more expensive to ship to Chiang Mai. Then I pulled the piece of paper out of my back pocket and handed it to her. It was official stationary from the dealer at the Airport giving me a price that was 5k less. Her face turned red, she handed the paper back, went into her office and closed the door. I guess as I turned around she was watching me through the large window and realized I was wearing a black Honda Racing Jacket. As I went to get on my new tri-color she suddenly came rushing over to me and said: "Oh, you have Honda before! I give you discount!" I gave her a deadpan look, put on my helmet and drove away.

What needs to happen is have EVERYONE, along with their wives, cousins, in-laws, and everyone else they know, start flooding APE Honda about the "price gouging" and threatening to go Ninja 250's if they don't set the price at or near the SRP they first talked about.

Trust me, they get few THOUSAND emails with everyone bitching about the same thing, and threatening to take it to the news media, they'll act. The last thing they want is bad publicity.

I'll send mine tonight. Who else will join me????

I was visiting a friend in Phayao today as I passed "HONDA Sinthanee" and saw a black CBR 250 ABS in the showroom.

I returned and had a look at the bike and of course askes for the price.

They take only 115.000,- (everything included) as it was also signed at the bike.

They have also a showroom in Phan and Chiang Rai. So it seems here up north is the only dealer wich is taking the original price.

So guys........what you´re waiting for.........................cool.gif

Guys can we put together confirmed prices for both models, and where from? as it seems that we are playing CBR lottery......

Asked price at my friendly shop in Naklua Pattaya. 110k standard and a whopping 140k for ABS. A month or so ago it was 105k and 120k, though they were never really sure of the price on the ABS model. She said there is at least a 2 month waiting time if a bike was ordered today, which may explain the price hike. This is a small shop so i would guess bigger places have put in orders a while ago and some bikes will filter through.

Anyone actually have an ABS model in their possession?

Yes, my ABS bike arrived on Friday (120k from Greenwing Chiang Rai) but still at the dealers as my money transfer from the UK was arranged for Feb 17th as I was told delivery would be Feb 20th. They've changed the tyres for me already and as soon as my wonga hits my Bkk Bank Account I'm straight over there to take her for a spin before getting rid of the hairdryer/exhaust and pimping it out with some nice carbon :)

I was visiting a friend in Phayao today as I passed "HONDA Sinthanee" and saw a black CBR 250 ABS in the showroom.

They take only 115.000,- (everything included) as it was also signed at the bike.

They have also a showroom in Phan and Chiang Rai. So it seems here up north is the only dealer wich is taking the original price.

Very surprising as Honda Sinthanee in Chiang Rai are asking 115,000 for the normal version, it could be that the sales assistant quoted you for that bike and didn't realise it was the ABS bike. Sinthanee usually charge a premium for all their bikes so it would be a first for them if they are charging the msrp especially as the Honda dealer about 50mtrs away are asking 135k!!!

Sorry, but I think it's total B.S. When Honda first advertised the bike, the Suggested Retail Price was 100,000 for the standard and 115,000 for ABS.

What needs to happen is have EVERYONE, along with their wives, cousins, in-laws, and everyone else they know, start flooding APE Honda about the "price gouging" and threatening to go Ninja 250's if they don't set the price at or near the SRP they first talked about.

Trust me, they get few THOUSAND emails with everyone bitching about the same thing, and threatening to take it to the news media, they'll act. The last thing they want is bad publicity.

No thanks. I'm delighted with the product for the price I paid.

I think 130k for the ABS is great value too.

And what price gouging? There's many shops selling at the Suggested Retail Price, which they're totally free not to do. It's a suggested price, not commanded.

Was just reading about the Ferrari 458 and found this funny, Reminded me of this topic.

it is hard to tell what the value of the Ferrari 458 Italia is currently. As of February 2010, the Ferrari 458 Italia was selling for around £25,000 over its £169,545 UK list price

If I plug the numbers into a loan calculator your APR comes out as double what I can finance a Versys for (for example), I guess Kawasaki make a special arrangement with Krungsri to get a lower rate. But like I said, for a Honda dealer your rates aren't bad, my regular dealer wants 2% to finance the 250.

Gippy .. Kawasaki charge ALOT more for the 250. They have 2 companies.. one charges 10% the other 15% per year so on par with the Sumet finance... Its the deposit for all thats to high!

Very surprising as Honda Sinthanee in Chiang Rai are asking 115,000 for the normal version, it could be that the sales assistant quoted you for that bike and didn't realise it was the ABS bike. Sinthanee usually charge a premium for all their bikes so it would be a first for them if they are charging the msrp especially as the Honda dealer about 50mtrs away are asking 135k!!!

I think he meant to say the ABS version is 115k baht, the official price quoted by AP Honda, so everybody can now stop complaining and/or making snide remarks and just get it for the official price at various dealers. Even more if youre willing to pay 5k more which i think is reasonable considering the pent up demand.

It's pointless and a waste of energy to "get angry" with those dealers that want to sell it for 130k - just don't go there, and save everyone the grief. Embarassing them is silly - its not going to get you the price you want, and its not the thai way. I'd do what i do at the night bazaar, politely offer the price you are willing to pay, smile, insist on that price a little bit, and when they dont relent smile and leave.

Chances are every last Honda dealer in CM is going to sell it for 115 / 100 or not much more a few months from now.

Very surprising as Honda Sinthanee in Chiang Rai are asking 115,000 for the normal version, it could be that they quoted you for that bike and didn't realise it was the ABS bike.

And put the wrong sign on it too. :D

as it was also signed at the bike.

Wouldn't surprise me! But I'll give them a call tomorrow (054-482371-3) and check, my 50 satang says they are not selling the ABS bike for 115k...but I could be wrong, there's always a first time ;)

Chances are every last Honda dealer in CM is going to sell it for 115 / 100 or not much more a few months from now. ~ nikster

I agree that it is not unusual to find dealers charging more when supply is low and demand higher. 15,000, however, strikes me as "gouging" for a little motorcycle. I don't like to deny myself success to spite another, but had other alternatives available which I thought would suit better than Honda's CBR's. But I did consider Honda for a while.

In short, their high prices leave me with such a bad taste in my mouth (many dealers in Thailand have NOT asked such high prices) that I will not reward the Chiang Mai dealers ever. Won't make any difference, but a dealer who will gouge me for one price will gouge me every chance he gets - why be a customer with that type of owner?

But I keep it light for the staff. When they've suggested 115,000 for the basic model, I laugh heartily. Such dealers deserve no customers, but they'll thrive.

anybody knowing the price at the dealers in Trat?

For the non abs I was quoted 109k baht. That's at the 2 large Honda dealers at either end of town. That's for everything. The dealer downtown, opposite the market wants 120k baht. I sort of like dealing with the large Honda dealer south of town towards Laem Ngop.

They sure seem to sell the 250's quick.

Chances are every last Honda dealer in CM is going to sell it for 115 / 100 or not much more a few months from now. ~ nikster

I agree that it is not unusual to find dealers charging more when supply is low and demand higher. 15,000, however, strikes me as "gouging" for a little motorcycle. I don't like to deny myself success to spite another, but had other alternatives available which I thought would suit better than Honda's CBR's. But I did consider Honda for a while.

In short, their high prices leave me with such a bad taste in my mouth (many dealers in Thailand have NOT asked such high prices) that I will not reward the Chiang Mai dealers ever. Won't make any difference, but a dealer who will gouge me for one price will gouge me every chance he gets - why be a customer with that type of owner?

But I keep it light for the staff. When they've suggested 115,000 for the basic model, I laugh heartily. Such dealers deserve no customers, but they'll thrive.

agreed, dealers charging 10-15% more than MSRP do not get my business at any time even if they lower price again

Anyway why start a discussion on the prices again? We all know that there are "good" and "bad" dealers. If you dont like their prices laugh at them and never come back. You cant change it anyway, TIT. It was frustrating for me also but in the end i paid 105k for standard including everything.

agreed, dealers charging 10-15% more than MSRP do not get my business at any time even if they lower price again

That's definitely the way to play the game. I do the same myself and tell my friends B)

Now, I am surprised too.

But if you say, they selling the normal version for 115.000 in CR, then its the same in Phayao and the sales assistant in Phayao don´t know for sure, what he is talking about.

He also told me thet there are only 2 colours available and I told him, that there are 3. So I think he don´t know very much about that bike.

Like I know Sinthanee, they have only one common price politic for all shops, so I think ou are right, it cannot be.

Sorry for posting a wrong information.sad.gif

Hey guys, who can tell me on what details I can make out its a ABS version or a normal version???unsure.gif

on kwaker they use different discs, as abs has a pattern in disc center for abs sensor to check if wheel is rotating or not. and you can see the sensors outside this part of the disc. and the electric wires to sensors

and an electric fuse for abs (under seat). abs electronic box probably behind fairing

Hey guys, who can tell me on what details I can make out its a ABS version or a normal version???unsure.gif

on kwaker they use different discs, as abs has a pattern in disc center for abs sensor to check if wheel is rotating or not. and you can see the sensors outside this part of the disc. and the electric wires to sensors

and an electric fuse for abs (under seat). abs electronic box probably behind fairing

The ABS version will have a "combined ABS" sticker on the front fender as well.

Very surprising as Honda Sinthanee in Chiang Rai are asking 115,000 for the normal version, it could be that they quoted you for that bike and didn't realise it was the ABS bike.

And put the wrong sign on it too. :D

as it was also signed at the bike.

Wouldn't surprise me! But I'll give them a call tomorrow (054-482371-3) and check, my 50 satang says they are not selling the ABS bike for 115k...but I could be wrong, there's always a first time ;)

Just called them, 115,000 is for the standard bike,130,000 for the ABS bike :(

Does anyone else find the position/angle of the rear brake pedal a bit awkward?

Nope.

actually i thought that it was a bit high... was wondering how to change that..

I thought the same, only solution is aftermarket rearsets. Improved foot position and shifting/braking alot!

Sorry, but I think it's total B.S. When Honda first advertised the bike, the Suggested Retail Price was 100,000 for the standard and 115,000 for ABS. But with the typical Thai attitude of "get everything you can today!", with no foresight past tomorrow, dealers are jacking prices up to whatever they think they can get by with. Last week I went to the Honda dealer on Huay Kaew Rd here in Chiang Mai to see the silver one. Price 130,000. When I told them Honda website had suggested price of 115k, the lady smiled that sweet Thai smile and told me that was "Bangkok Price", but more expensive to ship to Chiang Mai. Then I pulled the piece of paper out of my back pocket and handed it to her. It was official stationary from the dealer at the Airport giving me a price that was 5k less. Her face turned red, she handed the paper back, went into her office and closed the door. I guess as I turned around she was watching me through the large window and realized I was wearing a black Honda Racing Jacket. As I went to get on my new tri-color she suddenly came rushing over to me and said: "Oh, you have Honda before! I give you discount!" I gave her a deadpan look, put on my helmet and drove away.

Just1Voice,

Do you have an e-mail address I'll send one today. I've been looking at a 250, but I'll only pay the list price. If not I'd rather by a nearly new Ninja. Usual Thai rip-off eh!

Archived