Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian (Sumet) is or would your company think about renting out the Cbr250's.

I would have thought that would be fairly lucrative as you can rent in Pattaya and CM but there are NO companies offering this service in BKK for 250cc bikes.

Regards Allan

I would have thought that would be fairly lucrative as you can rent in Pattaya and CM but there are NO companies offering this service in BKK for 250cc bikes.

Regards Allan

Hello Allen,

We only sell at the moment, but perhaps rentals might be possible in the future. I'll look into it and let you know. You could always avoid the rental fee and take an "extra long" test ride, lol. Thanks for the advice.

Sorry, but I think it's total B.S. When Honda first advertised the bike, the Suggested Retail Price was 100,000 for the standard and 115,000 for ABS. But with the typical Thai attitude of "get everything you can today!", with no foresight past tomorrow, dealers are jacking prices up to whatever they think they can get by with. Last week I went to the Honda dealer on Huay Kaew Rd here in Chiang Mai to see the silver one. Price 130,000. When I told them Honda website had suggested price of 115k, the lady smiled that sweet Thai smile and told me that was "Bangkok Price", but more expensive to ship to Chiang Mai. Then I pulled the piece of paper out of my back pocket and handed it to her. It was official stationary from the dealer at the Airport giving me a price that was 5k less. Her face turned red, she handed the paper back, went into her office and closed the door. I guess as I turned around she was watching me through the large window and realized I was wearing a black Honda Racing Jacket. As I went to get on my new tri-color she suddenly came rushing over to me and said: "Oh, you have Honda before! I give you discount!" I gave her a deadpan look, put on my helmet and drove away.

What needs to happen is have EVERYONE, along with their wives, cousins, in-laws, and everyone else they know, start flooding APE Honda about the "price gouging" and threatening to go Ninja 250's if they don't set the price at or near the SRP they first talked about.

Trust me, they get few THOUSAND emails with everyone bitching about the same thing, and threatening to take it to the news media, they'll act. The last thing they want is bad publicity.

I'll send mine tonight. Who else will join me????

Just1Voice,

Do you have an e-mail address I'll send one today. I've been looking at a 250, but I'll only pay the list price. If not I'd rather by a nearly new Ninja. Usual Thai rip-off eh!

This is the one I used previously to contact them about my 150. Took about a week to get a reply in broken English. lol

[email protected]

Regards Allan

Hello Allen,

We only sell at the moment, but perhaps rentals might be possible in the future. I'll look into it and let you know. You could always avoid the rental fee and take an "extra long" test ride, lol. Thanks for the advice.

Ok in which case can i book an extra long test ride from Feb 26- March 5.. ok. But NO red bikes please (very unlucky)

Regards Allan

Hello Allen,

Ok in which case can i book an extra long test ride from Feb 26- March 5.. ok. But NO red bikes please (very unlucky)

Let's see, the average test ride takes 20 minutes. I'll put you down for 576 consecutive test drives. That's a hell of a test drive, so you better buy one when finished, whether you like the bike or not. Yeah, what's with the unlucky red bikes? My wife made me get the black CBR for that very reason. Although, there might be something to it, as I crashed and almost killed myself on a red Airblade last year.

actually i thought that it was a bit high... was wondering how to change that..

On the way home tonight I played around with my foot positioning. I found that it seems best with the heel of your foot on the peg. Before, I would ride with the peg at the center of my foot. Using the rear brake seemed easier and less awkward.

4 accidents...3 on red bikes and the 4th one with a red car (other driver) in the last 4 years.... So no red vehicles for me..

I was just joking about the Test ride.

It might be worth putting a thread up and asking about the Cbr rental though....

In BKK the smallest Big bike is the Kawa ER6 at 1,500 per day.

Same bike in Pattaya is 800b per day. Kawasaki Ninja250 ranges from 400-600 per day in Pattaya.

4 accidents...3 on red bikes and the 4th one with a red car (other driver) in the last 4 years.... So no red vehicles for me..

I was just joking about the Test ride.

It might be worth putting a thread up and asking about the Cbr rental though....

In BKK the smallest Big bike is the Kawa ER6 at 1,500 per day.

Same bike in Pattaya is 800b per day. Kawasaki Ninja250 ranges from 400-600 per day in Pattaya.

I thought about renting mine here in Cha am but its not uncommon for bikes to be stolen by Thais with false cards, and thats the mopeds.

What needs to happen is have EVERYONE, along with their wives, cousins, in-laws, and everyone else they know, start flooding APE Honda about the "price gouging" and threatening to go Ninja 250's if they don't set the price at or near the SRP they first talked about.

Trust me, they get few THOUSAND emails with everyone bitching about the same thing, and threatening to take it to the news media, they'll act. The last thing they want is bad publicity.

I'll send mine tonight. Who else will join me????

Just1Voice,

Do you have an e-mail address I'll send one today. I've been looking at a 250, but I'll only pay the list price. If not I'd rather by a nearly new Ninja. Usual Thai rip-off eh!

This is the one I used previously to contact them about my 150. Took about a week to get a reply in broken English. lol

[email protected]

I do believe you have the makings of a whole new thread called "expat malcontents"

Only a suggestion though... bit like the price :cheesy:

Anyway why start a discussion on the prices again? We all know that there are "good" and "bad" dealers. If you dont like their prices laugh at them and never come back. You cant change it anyway, TIT. It was frustrating for me also but in the end i paid 105k for standard including everything.

Yep... let's not get carried away. 105 is fair IMO; 115k is taking the piss - this is Thailand, margins of 15k are I am pretty sure unheard of... maybe if you buy a 1.5M baht car, but for a motorbike??

Then again nothing wrong with having a choice - want it now, pay extra. Want to pay less, wait until they make more (or go to the nice dealers, as mentioned... ;) )

When I'm ready to buy, I'm not too worried about price. Honda at the airport in CMX quoted me 125k for the 250. I balked, telling them that in the past 3 years I had bought and paid for a new Airblade, old model 150, Scoopy, and new 150 from them, so they'd have to do better or I'd go buy a Ninja. I got a better price, in writing, for when I'm ready to order. But I had to promise not to tell what they finally brought the price down to. lol

:jap:

When I'm ready to buy, I'm not too worried about price. Honda at the airport in CMX quoted me 125k for the 250. I balked, telling them that in the past 3 years I had bought and paid for a new Airblade, old model 150, Scoopy, and new 150 from them, so they'd have to do better or I'd go buy a Ninja. I got a better price, in writing, for when I'm ready to order. But I had to promise not to tell what they finally brought the price down to. lol

I have to say, the branch on Mahidol Road near the Airport is probably the best Honda dealer in Chiang Mai...:)

Anyway why start a discussion on the prices again? We all know that there are "good" and "bad" dealers. If you dont like their prices laugh at them and never come back. You cant change it anyway, TIT. It was frustrating for me also but in the end i paid 105k for standard including everything.

Yep... let's not get carried away. 105 is fair IMO; 115k is taking the piss - this is Thailand, margins of 15k are I am pretty sure unheard of... maybe if you buy a 1.5M baht car, but for a motorbike??

Then again nothing wrong with having a choice - want it now, pay extra. Want to pay less, wait until they make more (or go to the nice dealers, as mentioned... ;) )

:jap: but seems like i got the "moday" bike. Still at the APes :D

Hey guys, who can tell me on what details I can make out its a ABS version or a normal version???unsure.gif

The ABS on the CBR250 has these:

post-70604-0-78460000-1297753426_thumb.j

post-70604-0-13282000-1297753439_thumb.j

The ABS also have three cables connected to the caliper, standard only one.

Thank you guys, next time I know, what I have to look for no matter what the sales assistant is telling me.wink.gif

I previously documented a buzzing/rattling that I had located to my dashboard that kicks in about 5-6000rpm.

This has all but solved it.

A piece of cloth folded over 3 times (so 8 times thicker) and jammed between the bottom of the dash and a piece of frame running under it.

pict0004vw.jpg

This part of the bike has the dash plastic meeting the frame without any sort of buffer (at least on my bike). And at a guess, after 200km (when the sound started) the vibration had caused something small to be loose.

Perhaps it might worth checking on your bikes to see if the frame meets the plastic here, and if so put in some sort of buffer.

This has all but eliminated the sound but for a very low buzzing sound in the high revs, about 10% what it used to be.

When I go for the 6000km service next month Ill remove the cloth and tell them I want it completely fixed.

I have to say, the branch on Mahidol Road near the Airport is probably the best Honda dealer in Chiang Mai...:)

Hey, Red, I gotta agree. Ok, granted that it helps because my wife has good friend/cousin who works there, but other than that, they have always been very helpful to me, especially the service department. One mechanic there who goes by the name of Meme, has petty much become my personal mechanic. Ok, he's the only one who speaks English, but whenever I take my bikes in, he will actually put me ahead of others who were there before me. When I had the small accident with my wife, they replaced EVERYTHING that had even the smallest scratch, but were going to charge me 4,000 baht. When I said something to him,he took the bill,went to the "head man",argued with him and brought it back with a new price of 2,000. The other day I asked if they could order Michelin Sporty's for me. He said they couldn't, but then gave me the name of a shop over on Chiang Moi road that would order them, then bring them to Honda to put on.

I know T-Dog likes the one on Huay Kaew Rd and has a good relationship with a mechanic that works there, and that's good, but for over all service, I'll take the one by the Airport any day.

Also, where are you guys sticking your tax sticker?

Put mine above my left foot peg, but thinking of sticking it onto the underside of the number plate.

pict0006rs.jpg

Isn't that going to flap and rattle at high speeds?

So after 2 days AP Honda called and asking all details about how i drove the bike and all that stuff. All they can say is that the oil level is going down to fast :rolleyes: Unluckily they are closed for 3 days starting Friday so i have to wait longer for them to check and finally the result/ conclusion. :annoyed:

So after 2 days AP Honda called and asking all details about how i drove the bike and all that stuff. All they can say is that the oil level is going down to fast :rolleyes: Unluckily they are closed for 3 days starting Friday so i have to wait longer for them to check and finally the result/ conclusion. :annoyed:

I haven't heard anything back yet. The garage claimed they would send the report to Bangkok on Monday. mad.gif

One of my colleagues just had his car bonnet (hood) covered with 3M 'Carbon Fiber' vinyl and it looks really nice and very different to tell apart from real CF. I have the black/silver CBR and will change the silver parts to this 3M vinyl next week, will post pics when done.

I'm interested in this too.

A shop out by Samut Prakan has 1.22 x 0.5 meter for 1350b I think. Would guess this would be enough for the silver bits. I'd also want them to put it on.

Let me know how much and where if you get it done, cheers.

Also, where are you guys sticking your tax sticker?

Put mine above my left foot peg, but thinking of sticking it onto the underside of the number plate.

I got that thing

post-77479-0-27706900-1297829011_thumb.j

post-77479-0-23763900-1297829022_thumb.j

Thats cool i think ill go with that one...when i get mine.

Likewise...

Archived