Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

One of my colleagues just had his car bonnet (hood) covered with 3M 'Carbon Fiber' vinyl and it looks really nice and very different to tell apart from real CF. I have the black/silver CBR and will change the silver parts to this 3M vinyl next week, will post pics when done.

I'm interested in this too.

A shop out by Samut Prakan has 1.22 x 0.5 meter for 1350b I think. Would guess this would be enough for the silver bits. I'd also want them to put it on.

Let me know how much and where if you get it done, cheers.

I will get mine done in Chiang Rai, they apply it too using heat to seal it, very professional job judging by the car I just checked out. Not sure how much the silver parts will need but I'll let you know when I do. Looks really nice, I couldn't tell the difference when comparing it to the real CF that was also on the car.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, where are you guys sticking your tax sticker?

Put mine above my left foot peg, but thinking of sticking it onto the underside of the number plate.

I got that thing

post-77479-0-27706900-1297829011_thumb.j

post-77479-0-23763900-1297829022_thumb.j

Thats cool i think ill go with that one...when i get mine.

Likewise...

400baht from k-speed in BKK

I previously documented a buzzing/rattling that I had located to my dashboard that kicks in about 5-6000rpm.

This has all but solved it.

A piece of cloth folded over 3 times (so 8 times thicker) and jammed between the bottom of the dash and a piece of frame running under it.

pict0004vw.jpg

This part of the bike has the dash plastic meeting the frame without any sort of buffer (at least on my bike). And at a guess, after 200km (when the sound started) the vibration had caused something small to be loose.

Perhaps it might worth checking on your bikes to see if the frame meets the plastic here, and if so put in some sort of buffer.

This has all but eliminated the sound but for a very low buzzing sound in the high revs, about 10% what it used to be.

When I go for the 6000km service next month Ill remove the cloth and tell them I want it completely fixed.

Bit surprising Honda missed this little annoyance. In the past I was always very impressed with Honda build quality and QC, then again, all my Hondas were made in Japan...

One of my colleagues just had his car bonnet (hood) covered with 3M 'Carbon Fiber' vinyl and it looks really nice and very different to tell apart from real CF. I have the black/silver CBR and will change the silver parts to this 3M vinyl next week, will post pics when done.

I'm interested in this too.

A shop out by Samut Prakan has 1.22 x 0.5 meter for 1350b I think. Would guess this would be enough for the silver bits. I'd also want them to put it on.

Let me know how much and where if you get it done, cheers.

Anyone know where I could get it in Chiang Mai?

I picked this up at Honda Airport the other day. Guy told me they had more stuff coming next week. like the one for covering the gas cap. He said it was mostly for the 250's, but that most of it could also be used on the 150's. 350 baht

post-82655-0-01358100-1297839120_thumb.j

There was still one gas cap protector on display when we bumped into each other there last weekend,someone probably beat you to it. I felt really bad when I found out they had the tank guards for sale there and they were actually cheaper than the Progrip one I brought from Fast Corner.

They also had a few carbon parts, and aluminum bits on display in the waiting area beside the service center .

I picked this up at Honda Airport the other day. Guy told me they had more stuff coming next week. like the one for covering the gas cap. He said it was mostly for the 250's, but that most of it could also be used on the 150's. 350 baht

There was still one gas cap protector on display when we bumped into each other there last weekend,someone probably beat you to it. I felt really bad when I found out they had the tank guards for sale there and they were actually cheaper than the Progrip one I brought from Fast Corner.

They also had a few carbon parts, and aluminum bits on display in the waiting area beside the service center .

No big deal. I can pick one up next week, and see what else they have that might have come in. The only problem with the carbon & aluminum parts in the display cases is that most of the time they only have part number, but don't actually tell you what bike it's for. lol

...the little bit of paper that the BiBs flag you down to check prior to negotiations?

Stuck mime on the screeen.

Dead centre of course.

Looks pig ugly but then it's one less reason for the BiBs to flag you down cos they can see it clearly.

Sticker 5Bht ;-)

395Bhht redeployed!

...the little bit of paper that the BiBs flag you down to check prior to negotiations?

Dead centre of course.

Looks pig ugly but then it's one less reason for the BiBs to flag you down cos they can see it clearly.

Sticker 5Bht ;-)

395Bhht redeployed!

Yeah, a thai friend, who also has a new CBR and whose father's a BiB, told me it's better to stick it on the bike where the BiBs can see it clearly...

No big deal. I can pick one up next week, and see what else they have that might have come in. The only problem with the carbon & aluminum parts in the display cases is that most of the time they only have part number, but don't actually tell you what bike it's for. lol

There are accessory brochures for both the 150 and 250. Some of the stuff can go on either bike, and some of it is model specific. They might not have enough to give out to customers, but they should have a copy for you to look at. The prices are quite reasonable as well.

Dead centre of course.

Sticker 5Bht ;-)

395Bhht redeployed!

Yeah, a thai friend, who also has a new CBR and whose father's a BiB, told me it's better to stick it on the bike where the BiBs can see it clearly...

Driving around 3 years with the tax sticker stored under my seat, never got blamed for that. Ok maybe i life a little outside BKK??

There are accessory brochures for both the 150 and 250. Some of the stuff can go on either bike, and some of it is model specific. They might not have enough to give out to customers, but they should have a copy for you to look at. The prices are quite reasonable as well.

Yeah, I have one at home for the 150... Hopefully, my 12-month boy hasn't torn it apart yet (He likes to look at the bike pictures). I would probably put off modding until the next scheduled service that way the service mechs can install them themselves.

I know this is off topic but Im finding it hard to track down any specific info by searching the forums..

Ive got a Yamaha SR400 in Chiang Mai with invoice but no plate or Green Book..I get on alright without without the plate in CM but Im seriously thinking of moving to Korat (Nakorn Ratchisema) very soon.

Need some advice form someone who lives/has lived there regarding what the BIB are like down there for stopping bikes with no plates? Is it like CM where you can get along (provided you know the routes and times they stop) or BKK/Phuket where you seem to have no chance?!

I dont want to sell my bike!

I know this is off topic but Im finding it hard to track down any specific info by searching the forums..

Ive got a Yamaha SR400 in Chiang Mai with invoice but no plate or Green Book..I get on alright without without the plate in CM but Im seriously thinking of moving to Korat (Nakorn Ratchisema) very soon.

Need some advice form someone who lives/has lived there regarding what the BIB are like down there for stopping bikes with no plates? Is it like CM where you can get along (provided you know the routes and times they stop) or BKK/Phuket where you seem to have no chance?!

I dont want to sell my bike!

This question probably deserves a thread of its own but here goes my take on your question-

A SR400 will never pass Thai emissions so even if you have the paperwork in order the only way to get a "legal" green book is to buy one. (And when I say "Legal" I mean a real Green Book issued by a Land Transport Office for your bike. The book is "legal" but the way it's issued is perhaps not quite "legal", know what I mean? :jap:

Ask around and you'll find someone who can sort it for you but be very careful too- there are a lot of scammers out there who will promise you a Green Book, take your money and never deliver. Best to find someone you know who has successfully purchased a green book and use their agent or contact some of the more reputable big bike shops in your area as many will offer this service, for a fee.

Now, as far as evading the BiB on an unplated bike, the big crackdowns where unplated / illegal bikes are confiscated en masse are conducted by Thai Customs Police, not regular Thai traffic cops. As I'm sure you now, the regular coppers are usually easily appeased with a bill or two, but these Customs Police checkpoints are a more serious matter and if your bike is caught up in one of these it will most likely be impounded and it will be up to you to negotiate a settlement to get it back.

Judging from the number of unplated bikes I see in Korat I'm guessing the risk is low, but the risk still exists. As our hosts like to say- "Up to you!" :lol:

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hijacking the thread a little bit more....

No plate, no green book? If a BiB likes your ride he can and will take it (and you know how most of them love classic bikes -- a nice cafe racer like that, you don't stand a chance):(.

Archived