Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Hijacking the thread a little bit more....

No plate, no green book? If a BiB likes your ride he can and will take it (and you know how most of them love classic bikes -- a nice cafe racer like that, you don't stand a chance):(.

I agree! It's not worth the hassle or the worry. Try and get a plate and green book before giving the buggers the chance to take your wheels!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after 2 days AP Honda called and asking all details about how i drove the bike and all that stuff. All they can say is that the oil level is going down to fast :rolleyes: Unluckily they are closed for 3 days starting Friday so i have to wait longer for them to check and finally the result/ conclusion. :annoyed:

I haven't heard anything back yet. The garage claimed they would send the report to Bangkok on Monday. mad.gif

Still nothing...haven't got their phone number so can't even call and have a rant! annoyed.gif

So after 2 days AP Honda called and asking all details about how i drove the bike and all that stuff. All they can say is that the oil level is going down to fast :rolleyes: Unluckily they are closed for 3 days starting Friday so i have to wait longer for them to check and finally the result/ conclusion. :annoyed:

I haven't heard anything back yet. The garage claimed they would send the report to Bangkok on Monday. mad.gif

Still nothing...haven't got their phone number so can't even call and have a rant! annoyed.gif

So your dealer also sent your bike back to AP Honda? I wont expect too much activity right now because they will be closed for 3 days from tomorrow on. Anyway here are the details, i dont think they can speak English :jap:

149 RODRANGKHAO ROAD, SAMRONG-TAI, PHRAPRADAENG,

SAMUTPRAKAN 10130, THAILAND.

TEL 02- 757 - 6111

tel (662) 757-6111, (662) 384-4335 fax (662) 757-6222

e-mail : [email protected]

No they haven't sent it back- that would seriously suck because i work 50K away from my home and have no other means of getting to workblink.gif. I guess i'd have to splash out and hire a Kwacker Ern6 - then there is a danger i wont want to go back!

They filled in a report and sent it to Honda "on Monday" and said they would call me to let me know the action to fix it. The bike will be due for an oil change on the weekend so i can take it in and ask them whats happening. I think they'll be open as in the past they have been open on public hols.

The bikes performance hasn't been affected at all but the noise is ever present and wouldn't help when i want to sell it!

More storage than a PCX.

Can a passenger still sit comfortably with those bags mounted high like they are?

the exact s

I have the same setup on my old style CBR150. There is no problem riding two up. You can even get a pad for the topbox for the passenger to lean against. I explore quite a bit on my bike and find the extra storage very valuable.

If the 3% Customs tax is paid then they can not take the bike BUT you will forever be getting fined for no plate etc

any vehicle without a plate can be impounded after 30 days after 1st insurance/on the road date. This law came into effect 2010. 6 months later it can be auctioned, funds to government

In addition fines up to 50k baht, inprisonment up to 1 year as i recall. LOS is in change

Hi Guys.. You all living in Pattaya are the Cbr250's for available for RENT.

if so do you have any contact numbers, prices etc.

I have called the one on Soi13/2 but i'm sure there are more.. I remember someone saying they rented for 3,000 per week but can't find it now.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

No they haven't sent it back- that would seriously suck because i work 50K away from my home and have no other means of getting to workblink.gif. I guess i'd have to splash out and hire a Kwacker Ern6 - then there is a danger i wont want to go back!

They filled in a report and sent it to Honda "on Monday" and said they would call me to let me know the action to fix it. The bike will be due for an oil change on the weekend so i can take it in and ask them whats happening. I think they'll be open as in the past they have been open on public hols.

The bikes performance hasn't been affected at all but the noise is ever present and wouldn't help when i want to sell it!

Ya know, I'm probably gonna get some flak for saying this, but isn't one of the reasons many folks flock to Honda the fact that they allegedly offer better quality and service than other brands? Yet now that the bikes are on the road and people are requiring service and parts it seems that APe Honda isn't quite up to the task of providing timely aftermarket service?

People are putting Kawasaki oil filters in their CBR 250s since Honda doesn't seem able to supply enough...

I've heard feedback from some of my Thai friends who have bought this bike and are already having mechanical issues that are not being resolved very quickly...

I've asked why someone would choose the CBR 250 over a Tiger Boxer 250RS and the reason most often given for choosing Honda is the big dealer network, yet I've received amazing on-site service for my Tiger Retro without ever having to take it to a dealer or service center.

Tiger has mobile service teams that come to you- an amazing convenience!

Feb8TigerServiceSm.jpg

Hope APe Honda will get their act together and improve their parts supply and service time for the new bikes. The ball is in their court- let's see what they do.

Happy Trails!

Tony

I can't speak for others, but I've never had anything but great service from Honda at the airport in CMX, and most especially with the new 150. Case in point. A week after buying it I had a minor accident. Got the bike off the road and into the parking lot of Louis Silver. Wife took me home on the back of her Scoopy. Got home, called Honda, and less than an hour later they were there with truck and 2 guys to load it up and take it in. Wife told them to just replace clutch lever and shifter. 13 days later they call and said bike is ready. They had replaced EVERYTHING that had even the smallest scratch on it. The bill came to 4k, but then after my wife said something to the man who always takes care of me, they cut it in half. Plus, because I've bought 4 bikes there in the past 3 years (Airblade, CBR 150 - old model, Scoopy, and new 150), I now get discounts on dam_n near anything I buy there now, regardless of what it is.

I can't speak for others, but I've never had anything but great service from Honda at the airport in CMX, and most especially with the new 150. Case in point. A week after buying it I had a minor accident. Got the bike off the road and into the parking lot of Louis Silver. Wife took me home on the back of her Scoopy. Got home, called Honda, and less than an hour later they were there with truck and 2 guys to load it up and take it in. Wife told them to just replace clutch lever and shifter. 13 days later they call and said bike is ready. They had replaced EVERYTHING that had even the smallest scratch on it. The bill came to 4k, but then after my wife said something to the man who always takes care of me, they cut it in half. Plus, because I've bought 4 bikes there in the past 3 years (Airblade, CBR 150 - old model, Scoopy, and new 150), I now get discounts on dam_n near anything I buy there now, regardless of what it is.

So you wanted the clutch lever and shifter replacing and they replaced stuff you didn't order and then charged you 2000 baht? And that is an example of great service from APe Honda? At my local Kawasaki dealer you tell them what you want, they fill in a works order and then you sit in an air con room with free wi-fi, order a couple of free coffees from the staff, watch the repair through the big glass window and then you get the bike back with a bill so low that you can't believe how they can possibly make a profit.

The expression "Buy expensive and cry only once" springs to mind.

you guys all are da.mn lucky.

in Malaysia, BoonSiew (official honda importer) sell this CBR for staggering RM18,800 non-ABS, (thats around THB 190000)

guess what? the ABS version is RM3000 more expensive.

the PDRM is getting the bike really cheap because they are the government.

and BoonSiew said they only import 200 unit for this year.

yeah, BS stand for BullShhh

you guys all are da.mn lucky.

in Malaysia, BoonSiew (official honda importer) sell this CBR for staggering RM18,800 non-ABS, (thats around THB 190000)

guess what? the ABS version is RM3000 more expensive.

the PDRM is getting the bike really cheap because they are the government.

and BoonSiew said they only import 200 unit for this year.

yeah, BS stand for BullShhh

You should move to Thailand! :jap:

Or, would it be possible for you to buy one in Thailand and ride it in Malaysia on temporary import? Just run it back to Thailand every few months- that's what some guys do here in Thailand...

Ride On!

Tony

ps, in Malaysia how does the Kawasaki Ninja 250R compare in price to the Honda CBR 250? Here in Thailand the Honda is significantly cheaper, but in the US they are identical in price. Wondering how the pricing is in other markets.

T

You should move to Thailand! :jap:

Or, would it be possible for you to buy one in Thailand and ride it in Malaysia on temporary import? Just run it back to Thailand every few months- that's what some guys do here in Thailand...

Ride On!

Tony

ps, in Malaysia how does the Kawasaki Ninja 250R compare in price to the Honda CBR 250? Here in Thailand the Honda is significantly cheaper, but in the US they are identical in price. Wondering how the pricing is in other markets.

T

I don't think that is possible, even if it is I'm too lazy to do that.. hehe..

Kawasaki Ninja here is RM21+++ for the newly fuel injected one and RM22+++ for the EFi SE one..

Oil filters should be in the shops next week.

I've been promsed one direct from Asian Honda.

They distribute to APHonda so the wait is over... almost!!

:thumbsup:

Or, if you need an oil filter for your Honda 250R NOW just visit your Kawasaki dealer and ask for an oil filter for Kawasaki 115cc step through. It's identical to the Honda CBR250 oil filter and also fits Honda GB 250, 400, & 500 TT. :jap:

So you wanted the clutch lever and shifter replacing and they replaced stuff you didn't order and then charged you 2000 baht? And that is an example of great service from APe Honda? At my local Kawasaki dealer you tell them what you want, they fill in a works order and then you sit in an air con room with free wi-fi, order a couple of free coffees from the staff, watch the repair through the big glass window and then you get the bike back with a bill so low that you can't believe how they can possibly make a profit.

The expression "Buy expensive and cry only once" springs to mind.

All things considered, yes. I would have had to replace the other parts eventually, and it would have cost me more like the 4k they originally stated.

Oil filters should be in the shops next week.

I've been promsed one direct from Asian Honda.

They distribute to APHonda so the wait is over... almost!!

:thumbsup:

Or, if you need an oil filter for your Honda 250R NOW just visit your Kawasaki dealer and ask for an oil filter for Kawasaki 115cc step through. It's identical to the Honda CBR250 oil filter and also fits Honda GB 250, 400, & 500 TT. :jap:

True. And I do believe it was you that kindly posted the pictures and part number of said Kawa filter...

Just bringing everyone up to speed on APe's progress :wai:

Sure kawa is better- the problem is that if i had an accident- i would have to load the bike on to my pick up and drive for minimum 1 1/2 hours to get to the closest dealer. Then i would have to either wait- how long time? One day? Hotel- two days petrol up and down with car... And time to travel to fix something is not what i like... Honda has a shop here in town, i have bought many after market parts- i had to fix my gear lever, all done in time that is faster than what kawa could do! The truth is that honda is good- but they are still a bit rusty when it comes to service and after sales... Now do the comparison- how many kawa dealerships vs honda dealerships? Takes more time to train more people... Also, with the oil filter... They will come soon enough- i am not overly worried as i have warrenty :-) my next bike will be a kawa vesyrs as it really impress me... I am not a honda whore, but for most people, it is more practical to buy honda than kawa! And cheaper! So what if top speed is ten kmph less- big deal, it aint a sport machine... Both bikes are great and instead of bickering on which is better, why cant we just roll out and be happy that more people ride now as the honda is so cheap! More bikes will come- lucky us....

Sure kawa is better

Depends... for me - daily city/busy highway commuting, picking the missus up from work every evening the Honda is better due to all that lovely low end grunt. Not needing to go above 6000rpm with the missus on the back is amazing.

So what if top speed is ten kmph less

Is it?

On a windless day last week I saw an indicated 153kph without even trying. Minus the 2%(?) speedo error. Pinning it and tucking in it would have gone up to more. Compared to the ninja's top speed minus 8% speedo error I don't think there's 10kph difference.

If the 3% Customs tax is paid then they can not take the bike BUT you will forever be getting fined for no plate etc

3% customs tax, which one is that?

For legally importing a motor-vehicle you need to pay...

80% Import Duty (depending on the age you can get discounts),

30% Excise Tax,

10% Interior tax,

7% VAT/Sales TAX

So I think 3% is the 30% excise TAX, and it's true that the custom office cannot confiscate your motorcycle. But the guys in the brown police uniforms who often not far from the beige uniformed custom officers can confiscate your motorcycles with the same ease... for any number of reasons... no legally registration is just one of them... Also the custom officers don't need to take your invoices and papers as being real, with no greenbook and stamped page 18... they likely take your bike anyway to sort out if you really paid all taxes.

The good part, if the police confiscate your motorcycle is that you can always talk to the senior officer at the police station in negotiating the release of the bike. Don't do it on the size they take your bike, as it will be (often) a complete waist of time.

BTW, DBS have the slip-on advertised on their webpage now. Same one as the ninja but no downpipe as of yet. 6,500b.

http://www.grim-dbs.com/tdbs2.asp

Personally I'm waiting until lots of products are tried and tested in the real world, with real world feedback before choosing.

Does anybody know that when changing the pipe on the CBR does the ECU automatically recalculate or will changing the pipe change the air/fuel ratio??

BTW, DBS have the slip-on advertised on their webpage now. Same one as the ninja but no downpipe as of yet. 6,500b.

http://www.grim-dbs.com/tdbs2.asp

Personally I'm waiting until lots of products are tried and tested in the real world, with real world feedback before choosing.

Does anybody know that when changing the pipe on the CBR does the ECU automatically recalculate or will changing the pipe change the air/fuel ratio??

If the exhaust has the lambda bung then it will accommodate the O2 sensor and will automatically adjust air/fuel as and when necessary.

Archived