• Created
  • Last Reply

So it is getting closer day by day...

How to run in the new CBR???

LIke it is stolen?

or

All over the rev counter?

How long/far for first oil change?

I can ride bikes, but I know nothing about mechanics, and since this will be my first really first new "big bike"... how to run it in...

has anyone seen black ones yet... i thought i did when i passed my local shop. But on the phone my local shop says no have..the shop in NK says black in January.

same answer i am getting since calling around yesterday. one shop just told the black lot just finished that why it will become available in January..... Tiffer said when he got his red one on lad praho the shop just got a black one delivered. Some poster on cbr150 board also got a black one and on picture from ape honda where the dealers were piking up orders there where also black ones.....

post-77479-0-57296200-1292912339_thumb.j

ride it like ya stole it...... but vary the revs... change oil after 200-250km's then at the 1,000km service... etc etcbiggrin.gif

I also know nothing of how o break in your engine best so i did some research and found that apparently you're spot on!...

Why ??

Nowadays, the piston ring seal is really what the break in process is all about. Contrary to popular belief, piston rings don't seal the combustion pressure by spring tension. Ring tension is necessary only to "scrape" the oil to prevent it from entering the combustion chamber.

If you think about it, the ring exerts maybe 5-10 lbs of spring tension against the cylinder wall ...

How can such a small amount of spring tension seal against thousands of

PSI (Pounds Per Square Inch) of combustion pressure ??

Of course it can't.

How Do Rings Seal Against Tremendous Combustion Pressure ??

From the actual gas pressure itself !! It passes over the top of the ring, and gets behind it to force it outward against the cylinder wall. The problem is that new rings are far from perfect and they must be worn in quite a bit in order to completely seal all the way around the bore. If the gas pressure is strong enough during the engine's first miles of operation (open that throttle !!!), then the entire ring will wear into

the cylinder surface, to seal the combustion pressure as well as possible.

Does anyone have any other opinions? This website also claims that the above process is paramount in determining power after break in and i'm sure we want to achieve maximum HP!

ride it like ya stole it...... but vary the revs... change oil after 200-250km's then at the 1,000km service... etc etcbiggrin.gif

I also know nothing of how o break in your engine best so i did some research and found that apparently you're spot on!...

Why ??

Nowadays, the piston ring seal is really what the break in process is all about. Contrary to popular belief, piston rings don't seal the combustion pressure by spring tension. Ring tension is necessary only to "scrape" the oil to prevent it from entering the combustion chamber.

If you think about it, the ring exerts maybe 5-10 lbs of spring tension against the cylinder wall ...

How can such a small amount of spring tension seal against thousands of

PSI (Pounds Per Square Inch) of combustion pressure ??

Of course it can't.

How Do Rings Seal Against Tremendous Combustion Pressure ??

From the actual gas pressure itself !! It passes over the top of the ring, and gets behind it to force it outward against the cylinder wall. The problem is that new rings are far from perfect and they must be worn in quite a bit in order to completely seal all the way around the bore. If the gas pressure is strong enough during the engine's first miles of operation (open that throttle !!!), then the entire ring will wear into

the cylinder surface, to seal the combustion pressure as well as possible.

Does anyone have any other opinions? This website also claims that the above process is paramount in determining power after break in and i'm sure we want to achieve maximum HP!

vary the revs. constantly.

same revs and throttle position for more than a minute, engine ECU goes to extreme lean burn, to clean cat. Combustion temp increases, hurts mak mak in a non broke in engine beeing very hot already

braking in a new bike looks silly, acc/dec all the time, but you get a healthy engine so its worth it :)

most easy on highway, where nobody bothers if you do 50-120-50-120 through the gears

Just back from honda now... Will be here this evening or tomorrow morning... Guess who will knock on their doors at closing time????

I asked how much for everything and again, 100.000B straight up, and 500b for my special 666 plate... thats it...

Happy camper down south today...

Now, who is charging 130K??? Should I scan and post the receipt??

My mate asked me why I wanted the bike today (it is raining)... I laughed and he remembered, I don't care-- It is not snow!!

Just back from honda now... Will be here this evening or tomorrow morning... Guess who will knock on their doors at closing time????

I asked how much for everything and again, 100.000B straight up, and 500b for my special 666 plate... thats it...

My mate asked me why I wanted the bike today (it is raining)... I laughed and he remembered, I don't care-- It is not snow!!

Congrats, me still hunting for black best price i got so far is 102k i may put a deposit at this dealer later.

How far South are you snowflake?

I thought that rego was 900b and compulsory insurance was 645b and tax was 100b.!!!!!!!!!

I thought so too, so I asked how much money Ihad to bring today, no slip ups as I do not need more delays...

Free everything, apart from the fact I want a special number... that way all my bikes and cars match up (not the pick up though)

666 is the only way to go!

Now, only a few more hours... I cant wait for the first run...

PS. I am down in NakhonSriThammarat!

DO you guys want me to ask for a black one? They do get 3 bikes today... (one is sold) two left as this morning)...

I thought so too, so I asked how much money Ihad to bring today, no slip ups as I do not need more delays...

Free everything, apart from the fact I want a special number... that way all my bikes and cars match up (not the pick up though)

DO you guys want me to ask for a black one? They do get 3 bikes today... (one is sold) two left as this morning)...

How can NST have 'em but we're dry in Phuket???? Can anyone enlighten me? annoyed.gif

Haha I have no idea, but I am happy to not be the last...

Maybe Honda is scared to compete with Kawasaki over there???

Maybe my boys ordered before the phuket boys?

Who knows, maybe you are just really unlucky??

What really hurts is that they have the bike in THung Song as well (100K from NST inland, small, small place)...

How can NST have 'em but we're dry in Phuket???? Can anyone enlighten me? annoyed.gif

Logistic

Need a full truck for Phang Na, Phuket and Krabi

While NST can share one with Surat and/or further south

I really like the 2010 cbr150 and 2010cbr1000 red/white/blue tricolor. will this be available on cbr250?

There is a tri-color for the 250. I saw a pic of it somewhere, but I've browsed so many sights, I couldn't begin to tell you where. But I do remember on the 250 they "switched" the red and blue colors around, and the gas tank is also blue instead of white. Same scheme, different pattern. Looks good.

I really like the 2010 cbr150 and 2010cbr1000 red/white/blue tricolor. will this be available on cbr250?

There is a tri-color for the 250. I saw a pic of it somewhere, but I've browsed so many sights, I couldn't begin to tell you where. But I do remember on the 250 they "switched" the red and blue colors around, and the gas tank is also blue instead of white. Same scheme, different pattern. Looks good.

cool, my GF is talking about replacing her airblade.

Airblade to a 250? That's a pretty big step up.

she s been riding Ninja 650R a couple of thou km, but its a bit heavy for her, and D-tracker 250 a bit to high seating

CBR250 seems perfect in size/weight, price is nice, and power should work for single 55kg

Ok, then that should be no problem. Mine used to ride "choppers" in the past, but now that she's in her early 50's, she's more "sedate". Bought her a new Air Blade a couple of years ago and she liked it. But now she has a new, fully customized Scoopy that she loves! She also loves my CBR tri-color, except for one thing: At only 148cm tall, her cute, sexy legs are just a wee bit too short to shift gears, but that's fine with me. haha.

Or the police or motorcycle mafia.. or the land transport dept haven't had their kickbackbiggrin.gif

it is Phuket after all.

It is Phuket after all?

Is Phuket worse than the rest of the Kingdom?

Should i flash some cash to get my CBR? I don't have much but i could probably throw down a 100! laugh.gif

katabeachbum this is the tricolor cbr250 not sure if it gets released in LOS as pictures can be found on European sites only.

post-77479-0-75540300-1292925916_thumb.j

Ahhhh, thanks, Hili. I knew I'd seen it somewhere, just couldn't remember where. Now, while it's on an European site, I would imagine that it could be ordered for here. Might cost a few extra baht, but.....

On mine, I'm seriously considering changing the front fender from blue to white, and sorta considering painting the whole thing white. I'll have to think on that one some more. lol

katabeachbum this is the tricolor cbr250 not sure if it gets released in LOS as pictures can be found on European sites only.

post-77479-0-75540300-1292925916_thumb.j

thanks

but not as cool as the CBR1000 I rode with on saturday

at least tank should be white.

so perhaps better in red, and respray some parts in white and blue

I've seen it promoted as the ideal beginners bike.

Nothing to a 250!

Depending on whom... sure. I'm recommending my cousin grab one here in Canada - he's 55, had never ridden and learned ok last summer in a couple of hours on my 450 Nighthawk.

I reckon the 250 will be a doddle for many beginners.

Although, I remember after doing my 360k run I sat on a new 150, and for sure it was lighter (step-through kinda light), but the seat also seemed lower than the 250. But I read the new 150 was higher than the old 150 and the 250.

I'm certainly not flat on both feet, but it's not tippy-toes. The bike is light and I can move it around with my feet fine (I'm 5'6).

Archived