Spray Tan In Bkk

Knappstar

Don't what?

Get a spray tan? Why on earth not? I like having a tan in the summer, and I work indoors all day long these days. That, and I think I heard somewhere that your skin doesn't like getting bombarded with UV rays too much. :o

Anyone actually have some info? Thanx

Andy

Don't know about Boots, but I saw some of that self-tanning cream in Watsons before. It's hard to imagine a cream that advertises itself as making your skin darker is going to sell very well to Thais though! :o

Don't what?

Get a spray tan? Why on earth not? I like having a tan in the summer, and I work indoors all day long these days.  That, and I think I heard somewhere that your skin doesn't like getting bombarded with UV rays too much. :D

Anyone actually have some info? Thanx

Andy

Thai people spend an large amount of time and money making sure that their skin is kept as "white" as possible.

They will buy all manor of whitening products from moisturisers to factor 50 sun cream and will also wear long sleeved tops and long trousers, and use parasols so that they minimise exposure to the sun.

So do you think that after making all this effort Thai people would then want to go to a salon and make their skin "black" colour (tanned) .?

My point is that there isn't a market for this kind of thing in Thailand, now I'm not saying you won't be able to find a Salon catering for some obscure farang market that offers this kind of artificial tan, but seeing as it's not that hard to get a tan in Thailand, which can also be obtained relatively safely from exposure to the Sun (being sensible of course), I would assume that these salons are few and far between, if any... and the cost would most probably be high due to this..maybe I'm wrong, but I would be surprised.

Now after reading this and having a good think, is it any wonder that I responded with this..

Oh don't.... pleeese... blink.gif

I think you will just have to settle for a bottle of fake tan from Boots or somewhere similar as someone suggested, and get someone to apply it for you... :o

totster :D

spray tan and lotion is available at all Boots in BKK. About 350-500 baht. Of course the thai people cannot understand this but everybody wants what they dont have. Thais want white skin, farangs want darker skin. Billions spent in every part of the world to accomplish these desires.

And............anybody know where to find a tanning bed in BKK? My wife (farang) hates the hard way to tan(sunbathing). Can find many in Hong Kong but never seen in Thailand.

• 13 years later...