Red Shirt Faction Leader Warns Some Red Shirts May Become Suicide Bombers

webfact

Red shirts may turn suicide bombers, leader warns

A red-shirt leader warned Thursday certain red-shirt people may turn suicide bombers to avenge the government crackdowns and fight for democracy.

The warning was made by Somyos Prueksakasemsuk, a leader of the June 24 Group, during a seminar at the Royal Hotel to mark the October 14 student uprising. The seminar was titled "October 14: People's War".

Somyos said a lot of red-shirt people harboured grudge against the government following the crackdown at the Rajprasong rally.

"I heard that the red-shirt people hate the government so much that they will sacrifice their life for democracy," Somyos said.

"Don't underestimate that the red shirt will not dare to do it as Nuamthong Praiwan used to set an example for them."

Nuamthong was a taxi driver who slammed his taxi against a tank following the September 19 2006 coup. He later hang himself in protest.

Somyos said the explosions of bombs made of fertilisers were carried out by the red-shirt people who were angry at the government.

He said the red-shirt leaders could not control these angry reds as they decided to take revenge on their own.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-10-14

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or anyone else is reminded of "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?"?

Certainly looks more like a threat than a warning, if it would be the later wouldn't he had asked people not to carry on bombings and/or offer help to the authorities to prevent them?

Edited by AleG

Why don't the red shirt leaders come out and say "Red shirt people. We don't want you to do this."

Instead all they do is say "They are going to do this and we can't stop them."

They don't seem to care that innocent people will be killed.

A bomb can be planted anywhere and the bomber can walk away to safety. It can be a no warning bomb or a called in bomb using a password.

A suicide bomber, on the other hand, doesn't target buildings or premises but crowds. These cowardly scum don't have enough gall to carry out such an attack, and if they did, where would it be placed?

I am sick and tired of the ranting,ravings and bleatings of these Red leaders.

How pathetic that these retards use the most cowardly of all tactics to terrorise their fellow Thais and murder anyone within a yard of their stupidity.

Stupidity is of course the trademark of the Red Shirt Movement, their leader, the craven Shinawatra reptile, the stupidist and most cowardly of them all.

This most recently banal of threats undeniably bears the Shinawatra trademark.

Take the reptile out.

NOW!

"Don't underestimate that the red shirt will not dare to do it as Nuamthong Praiwan used to set an example for them."

Nuamthong was a taxi driver who slammed his taxi against a tank following the September 19 2006 coup. He later hang himself in protest.

Somyos said the explosions of bombs made of fertilisers were carried out by the red-shirt people who were angry at the government.

He said the red-shirt leaders could not control these angry reds as they decided to take revenge on their own.

The taxi driver suicided, which is not really the same as 'suicide bomber'. 'suicide bombing' doesn't seem part of Thai mentality, although with reincarnation suicide seems more easy than for some Christians.

As the red-shirt leaders can no longer control their people and some angry reds are taking revenge on their own, I guess the government is justified in cracking down on them.

When PTP and UDD hand over material to the UN chief Ban Ki-Moon, a few red statements like the OP here should also be passed along. ;)

Edited by rubl

Is it just me or anyone else is reminded of "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?"?

Certainly looks more like a threat than a warning, if it would be the later wouldn't he had asked people not to carry on bombings and/or offer help to the authorities to prevent them?

May I suggest Somyos Prueksakasemsuk to the first one :jap:

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think this is in the Thai mentality.

Look in the South where the civil war is raging: no kamikaze.

It looks like the "special" here is the sniper thing.

yeah maybe u right but u never know how it will escalate, look at yugoslawia

when the southern fighters without uniform are surrounded they never give up but fight until death. At least that is what i read mostly. You never know what REALLY happend....

The taxi driver suicided, which is not really the same as 'suicide bomber'. 'suicide bombing' doesn't seem part of Thai mentality, although with reincarnation suicide seems more easy than for some Christians.

As the red-shirt leaders can no longer control their people and some angry reds are taking revenge on their own, I guess the government is justified in cracking down on them.

When PTP and UDD hand over material to the UN chief Ban Ki-Moon, a few red statements like the OP here should also be passed along. ;)

Thai people love themselves the most. It is absurd to ask one to kill themselves for a corrupt politician

Why don't the red shirt leaders come out and say "Red shirt people. We don't want you to do this."

Ever tried to reasoning with someone ready to become a "sucide bomber"?

Given that the discontent of a large portion of Thai society seems to be expanding after the recent events it would not surprise me if some of the more extreme supporters do become increasingly militant. I doubt that they would turn to suicide bombings though. What is the point when the inept Thai Police Force seems incapable of finding the majority of the perpetrators of bomb plantings allowing them to get off scot free?

How pathetic that these retards use the most cowardly of all tactics to terrorise their fellow Thais and murder anyone within a yard of their stupidity.

Stupidity is of course the trademark of the Red Shirt Movement, their leader, the craven Shinawatra reptile, the stupidist and most cowardly of them all.

This most recently banal of threats undeniably bears the Shinawatra trademark.

Take the reptile out.

NOW!

You know how stupid this post is ?

How about getting to them before they are ready.

A statement from the red shirt leaders now telling their supporters that bombs (suicide or not) are not the way that the red shirts want to fight.

Unless of course, that's what the leaders DO want.

Edited by whybother

So now the mentally ill Nuamthong is a role model for Reds?

n549994964452301.jpg

But I guess that from the group that gave us small children and old women being used as human shields, it shouldn't be surprising.

RIP Nuamthong. I hope your illness doesn't return in your new life.

When i see it i will believe it!

A Thai to sacrifice his/her life for the sake of movement? let alone anything else-LOL

It should read more like "we the leaders will temper with bombs so they blow up unexpectedly" and to save a face will say that those hero's died for the movement.

Why not rent a huge field and send all the morons in red wearing their bombs to the middle.

Sell snacks and Red Shirt BS and have CNN, BBC and other news media filming.

Do a countdown like New Years eve.

Get lots of coverage...make some baht and ....BOOM!

I would buy a ticket for that.

The OP said:

A red-shirt leader warned Thursday certain red-shirt people may turn suicide bombers to avenge the government crackdowns and fight for democracy. The warning was made by Somyos Prueksakasemsuk

========================================================

Somyos is the editor of such intelligently heady publications as Red Power, Red News, and the Voice of Taksin:

Somyot Pruksakasemsuk, leader of the June 24 group and editor of Red Power magazine

"It is an open activity in a civil society."

"And we will pay homage to the Super Soldier of Democracy !!

From Somyot Pruksakasemsuk's other magazine, Thai Red News

thairednews10020511khit.jpg

From Thai Red News, February 5-11, 2010

The headline reads: Sae Daeng - Super soldier of Democracy!

From the excellent series, Red Publications, at 2Bangkok.com:

http://2bangkok.com/10/RedPublications1002.shtml

Coincidentally, the person making these demands, Somyos Prueksakasemsuk, is the Editor of such "truthful" publications as the Voice of Taksin and Red News

A sample:

voiceoftaksin1004specia.jpg

From Voice of Taksin, Special Issue, April, 2010

The headline reads: Abhisit’s robber government - Planning to announce the emergency situation - For killing the people?

from the Red Publications series on 2Bangkok.com

How about getting to them before they are ready.

A statement from the red shirt leaders now telling their supporters that bombs (suicide or not) are not what the way that the red shirts want to fight.

Unless of course, that's what the leaders DO want.

I think you are putting words in their mouth and base you theory or your claims or accusations on the limited knowledge what the "red leaders" (there are so many of them) might have said or might have not said.

Like at the protest a couple of month ago. there were also voices on stage who said : 'Don't loot. Don't burn buildings down.' Don't use weapons.'

But this just doesn't made it into the headlines.

So how do you know what they have not said? Because it isn't reported in The Nation?