EU's Buzek: Chilean miners' rescue "an emotional tale of hope"

News_Editor

EU's Buzek: Chilean miners' rescue "an emotional tale of hope"

2010-10-14 18:44:12 GMT+7 (ICT)

BRUSSELS (BNO NEWS) -- President of the European Parliament (EP) Jerzy Buzek on Thursday expressed happiness and congratulated the 33 Chilean miners after their rescue, describing it as "an emotional tale of hope."

"I am delighted at the news of the rescue of the 33 miners in Chile. This is an emotional tale of hope and success. Today, we celebrate the joy of life," Buzek said. "I congratulate the miners who bravely endured almost 70 days of stress, darkness and isolation, without ever giving-up hope."

Buzek also congratulated all those who were involved in the rescue operations for their excellent efforts, and worked against time to save the miners.

The EP President called on everyone to take this moment to forget about our daily problems and rejoice with the Chilean and Bolivian nations for recovering their 33 valiant men.

"Coming from a region where mining is of central importance, I am fully aware of the perils and difficulties that miners have to undergo; that is why their rescue touches me so strongly."

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-10-14