Men Who Cheat On Wives Can't Join Thaksin's Party

george

Men who cheat on wives can't join Thaksin's party

BANGKOK - Thailand's ruling party says it plans to reject would-be lawmakers who cheat on their wives.

'We decided party candidates must not have a reputation as a playboy or a record of having mistresses,' Thai Rak Thai party spokesman Suranand Vejjajiva said yesterday.

It is common practice in Thailand for married men to have mistresses.

The idea of loyal, monogamous legislators was proposed by Thai Rak Thai chairman Somchai Sunthornwat.

Mr Suranand said Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was strongly supportive of the idea.

Mr Somchai proposed the party's election candidates be subject to thorough background checks in future.

Those who went to brothels and massage parlours or had mistresses should be rejected, Mr Somchai was quoted as saying by The Nation and other newspapers.

'Just take a look at our Prime Minister, who has been upholding good family values. He never had 'small houses' and always treats his wife with honour,' he said.

In Thai society, mistresses are referred to as 'minor wives' who live in 'small houses' paid for by their patrons.

Mr Thaksin, 54, has made a point of projecting a family man image. He is often seen in public with his wife, son and daughter.

But some party members said serious screening would rule out more than half the potential candidates.

'A warning is OK but making a rule is too much,' legislator Suchart Bandasak was quoted as saying.

'It's a man's personal right to visit massage parlours or have more than one wife. I am afraid that if they really implement this kind of rule, they will find no man suitable to be the party's candidate.'

Mr Suranand said the party probably would not impose a written rule.

'But the chances of politicians getting a party ticket if they have a reputation for adultery, having a minor wife or enjoying massage parlours is very, very slim,' he said.

-- AP 2003-12-02

B)

soon no more politicians .. no more rich high people who could pretend to any good position in Thai society ... a good screening in fact B)

is mr PM going to sit alone in the parliament as he had this great ideas of his :o

and ... massage parlor are going to loose a lot of money if they apply this rule :D

definitely a great idea B)

Well I guess if they legalise prositution then the pollies will be ok unless their wife or other wife finds out...haha. Reading the above article made me think of the issue of the condom machines at Universities and all the hubbub this is causing. So I asked the student in my office what her opinion was about putting the condom vending machines at Uni's. She said it is wrong because Thai society has strong traditions. So I then asked her what she thought of the above article about the pollies and thier mistresses......she just looked at me speechless. I guess this means she either was confused or had no answer.

Time for big change inThailand. But buggered if I know who will lead the way. Maybe Thailand should have a female prime minister, but that would mean more women would have to be involved in parliament and politics in general. Yet another challenge !

What a can of worms !!

i am waiting for Khun Thaksin to walk on the water......he is the messiah.....he is god...the ground he walks on is holyground...long live the master of thailand!!!! :o

Hm, interesting possibilities, wqalking on water, being a god, making the ground on which he walks holdy ground. IF the press got it halfway near right -- and I do understand that's a great, big, IF -- it sure didn't come across that way when His Majesty made his birthday speech Thursday.

Just food for thought . . .

Yes , we will need to change the national anthemn to "To Dream the Impossibble Dream".

Mistress and second and third wives are part of the Thai ways.

First he tries to make the goverment live on the immoral earnings of the postitutes and now he is trying to control prosmiscuity in parliment. Maybe he should impose a tax on the extra wives and lover too. If you can't control them them thentax them. Perhaps the ministers salaries are too high so they can keep mistresses.:o

He should try passing a directive on mistresses and lovers in the civil service to start downsizing the civil service. It will probably be a success.

Guest IT Manager

I discussed this with all my mia noi's. They all said he won't have a quorum, let alone a cabinet.

Bring it on, make it law. Lose the election. Then learn to play chess would be my humbly advanced advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Listen everybody. This is the way it's gonna be from now on. You're all going to see the world through my eyes and do as I do. You're all going to forget every cultural tradition that was ever passed on to you. I don't care if you don't like it and it's all that you know. I don't care if it's your way of life. I have looked over the mountain and I have seen the promised land (western culture). I may have already gotten there without you, but tonight I will force you to go there.

• 2 years later...
I wonder what the outcome of this decree was?

An interesting topic to revisit at this time?

Gaz, three years later and you really expect them to remember one of their pronouncements? Or even to follow it? post-4641-1157188929.gif

I wonder what the outcome of this decree was?

An interesting topic to revisit at this time?

Gaz, three years later and you really expect them to remember one of their pronouncements? Or even to follow it? post-4641-1157188929.gif

I live in Korat and a couple of months back one of our local MPs was discussing the introduction of this rule for the upcoming election.

He assured me he would still be an MP as he had no Mia Noi...

My response was :o:D

Once again Thailand seems to be playing catch-up with Cambodia. Only there it's everyone, not just politicos.

"Adultery Law Passed in National Assembly"

by Lor Chandara, THE CAMBODIA DAILY, September 2-3, 2006

The National Assembly passed a law making adultery a crime on Friday in a move supporters claim will save the nation from rampant extra-marital affairs and which opponents decried as a tool for the ruling CPP to harass its political rivals.

The law, which outlaws adultery, polygamy and incest, sets a penalty of up to one year in jail for Cambodian citizens caught cheating on their spouses. Fines of up to $244 are also laid out.

Once again Thailand seems to be playing catch-up with Cambodia. Only there it's everyone, not just politicos.

"Adultery Law Passed in National Assembly"

by Lor Chandara, THE CAMBODIA DAILY, September 2-3, 2006

The National Assembly passed a law making adultery a crime on Friday in a move supporters claim will save the nation from rampant extra-marital affairs and which opponents decried as a tool for the ruling CPP to harass its political rivals.

The law, which outlaws adultery, polygamy and incest, sets a penalty of up to one year in jail for Cambodian citizens caught cheating on their spouses. Fines of up to $244 are also laid out.

They'd never slip that one through in France !

:o:D:D

Ever hung around the departure terminal of Don Muang on a Friday or Saturday?

I-spy with my little eye - older, married Thai man with younger, single FEMALE companion.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED......DIRTY UP-COUNTRY WEEKEND.......AND THE POOR, LONG SUFFERING AND UNSUSPECTING WIFE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW.....AND EVEN IF SHE DOES.....HAS SHE THE FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE, RESOURCES AND STRENGTH OF CHARACTER TO WALK OUT ON HER 'DEVOTED HUSBAND'........ ???? :o:D:D

I've got it !!! (By George he's got it !!!)

War on drugs - serious body count.

War on poverty - dropped like a hot stone because , after the war on drugs , poor

people were heading for the hills in droves and they were HIS electorate.

War on infidelity - shoot them in the trousers ?

The man has a company manufacturing kevlar underpants !

:o