Rapper T.I. talks man out of jumping off building

News_Editor

Rapper T.I. talks man out of jumping off building

2010-10-14 23:09:18 GMT+7 (ICT)

ATLANTA, GEORGIA (BNO NEWS) -- Rapper T.I talked to a man from Atlanta, Georgia trying to commit suicide by jumping off a building, and convinced him to make his way down safely, local media reported Thursday.

Clifford Harris, known in the music industry as T.I, on Wednesday talked the unnamed man out of suicide while local authorities tried to get him off the building.

The rapper and the man reportedly did not know each other before the incident, but T.I. said he was happy to have helped save a man's life after his encouraging words helped the man rethink and step back from his initial decision.

"With the help of the negotiators and them allowing me to help, we sent him a message. I let him know that I was here and I was willing to help him, and he came down peacefully and everything was resolved," T.I. told local tv.

The rapper is currently on supervised release after serving a 12-month prison term on a federal weapons charge. He is scheduled to appear in court on Friday for a parole hearing following an arrest on drug-related offenses in Los Angeles.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-10-14