Chan Am Fishing Park

kenny999

Just back from Chan Am fishing Park, a great place and far better value than Gillhams or Bungsamran, I caught Mekong to 50 kg plus, Caho to 20 kg and many many Sawi between 6/10kg I am still aching, 200 bht per day, wont be long before I go back to hopefully catch the 100 kg Mekong. the lake next door is full of Araparma,Red tails, Pacu, Alligator Gar this place is a must if you want value for money and 1st class fishing.

post-58930-057432800 1287145736_thumb.jp

post-58930-035887000 1287145762_thumb.jp

post-58930-032451300 1287145790_thumb.jp

post-58930-095902400 1287145808_thumb.jp

post-58930-065342200 1287145833_thumb.jp

Please tell me where it is, would be nice to know though it is far. But got a car so its ok for me to go there.

A 9 hr drive but well worth it, Chan Am is after Pruchup Kiri Khan, there is a big sign on the left hand side of the road, look on map and you will see Chan Am.

Please tell me where it is, would be nice to know though it is far. But got a car so its ok for me to go there.

A 9 hr drive but well worth it, Chan Am is after Pruchup Kiri Khan, there is a big sign on the left hand side of the road, look on map and you will see Chan Am.

9 hour drive.. pfff not sure if it is worth it for me. I never inmagined chang mai being so far from BKK. I have been there a while back and we went there by bus. It was a lot faster.

Just recently got a car so I dont have much experience driving around Thailand so i dont know much of the actual driving times. Mostly i drive close to home here.

Edited by robblok

9 hour drive.. pfff not sure if it is worth it for me. I never inmagined chang mai being so far from BKK. I have been there a while back and we went there by bus. It was a lot faster.

Just recently got a car so I dont have much experience driving around Thailand so i dont know much of the actual driving times. Mostly i drive close to home here.

Are we talking about Cha am. About 2 hours drive from Bangkok or somewhere else?

Are we talking about Cha am. About 2 hours drive from Bangkok or somewhere else?

Yes it's Cha Am it's a couple of hours from Bangkok but 9 hours from Phuket

Yes it's Cha Am it's a couple of hours from Bangkok but 9 hours from Phuket

Stupid of me to assume that kenny was from Bangkok. Thanks for clearing that up. I havent been touring around the country in my car yet so I was not sure. I thought it would have been closer then 9 hours and i was right. I tend to forget that Bangkok is not the center of the universe :D

I love fishing but only if I can eat some of the fish I catch. My limited freshwater fishing experience had been in the North where I mostly caught small carp. Not very tasty and full of bones. how about the large fish shown in the picturea / Are any of them good eating? Are you allowed to keep your catch?

J have had some good fresh water fish like pla chon which was very tasty and also some nice tasty fish in Nong Khai and Chang Kon but I have no idea what they were

I love fishing but only if I can eat some of the fish I catch. My limited freshwater fishing experience had been in the North where I mostly caught small carp. Not very tasty and full of bones. how about the large fish shown in the picturea / Are any of them good eating? Are you allowed to keep your catch?

J have had some good fresh water fish like pla chon which was very tasty and also some nice tasty fish in Nong Khai and Chang Kon but I have no idea what they were

The carp and the catfish you will have to catch and release. Pla nin and pla chon you can take back home within limits. You get a few free kg's with your ticket and over that amount you have to pay

The carp and the catfish you will have to catch and release. Pla nin and pla chon you can take back home within limits. You get a few free kg's with your ticket and over that amount you have to pay

Thanks. Frankly I have never seen the point of releasing fish I catch unless they are inedible or poor eating.

How big do the pla chon grow? Is pla nin good to eat? I have always lived off the sea water fish I catched. But due to my age I can't really fish in the sea any more so I thought about fresh water fishing instead. I can't even get decent fresh water fish in the markets they are always frozen

Thanks. Frankly I have never seen the point of releasing fish I catch unless they are inedible or poor eating.

How big do the pla chon grow? Is pla nin good to eat? I have always lived off the sea water fish I catched. But due to my age I can't really fish in the sea any more so I thought about fresh water fishing instead. I can't even get decent fresh water fish in the markets they are always frozen

You will laugh but i hardly eat fish. So about the taste i have no idea. I do know that pla nin is for sale everywhere. I don't know how big pla chon grow.. you should ask the Thais because they do fish for food. But at the ponds its mainly fishing for fun. Only a few fish for food and then mostly pla chon and pla nin.

Thanks to the original poster. I didn't know this place existed. I'm in Hua Hin so I'm only twenty minutes away. I'll certainly give it a go.

I thank him too.. i got a trip comming up to cha am and so i will visit this pond too.

Thanks to the original poster. I didn't know this place existed. I'm in Hua Hin so I'm only twenty minutes away. I'll certainly give it a go.

I thank him too.. i got a trip comming up to cha am and so i will visit this pond too.

Will be going to Cha Am hopefully 2nd week in November for 2 weeks so if you are there at that time can have a beer.

Will be going to Cha Am hopefully 2nd week in November for 2 weeks so if you are there at that time can have a beer.

I will check.. my family will be here 10 november and i hope to get out and do some fishing before that time. And a lot of fishing around that time but not sure i will take them all the way to cha am. I will let you know its always fun fishing with fellow farangs.