BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
sunholidaysun1

Not So Good Food

Common sense approach Marty, not useally practiced here. Thats probably what most of us would do back in our own countries.

Yeah, I know , this is thailand. I'm sure the staff will hate this approach but a good boss should appreciate it.

Maybe that friend of yours isn't so flaky afterall :D

Edited by jubby

I'll post what I like, off topic or not.

Anyone who doesn't like it can use the report button on the bottom left hand corner and complain to the moderators.

Anyone who doesn't like it can use the report button on the bottom left hand corner and complain to the moderators.

I understand and respect that approach. But for me, if a person starts a thread and needs to be Joe Serious about it, I'll post my nonsense in another area. It is a big forum, after all. The CR forum is the friendliest little forum around. If one or two threads need to be not -so-friendly, I still have room to have fun.

BTW, I think that cow pie thing is an original Oz dish, isn't it?

Little Grumpy this morning scea. you didnt win that conversation with your wife this morning about Zebra's and Girrafe's I suspect :D

Never mind, tomorrows another Day ;)

Hey, VF's back in town.

I call it a VillageFarang memorial post where I say what I think with out worrying about p!ssing people off.

I intend making one a week in protest at his absence from now on.

I call it a VillageFarang memorial post where I say what I think with out worrying about p!ssing people off.

I gave him an open invitation yesterday, he hasn't bitten. I guess he's still having fun in the real world. :D

Opps. sorry SunnyH. Serious thread I know. How about introducing a 'Serious Thread' Alert. :(

That is a good thing that Barry has done. I commend him for that. Quite a surprise to see that kind of post on the forum. It gives me cause for thought.

My first burger at Barry's was a bad deal. That was about one and a half years ago. The bun had been left out so long that it was dry, brittle and it shattered like glass with the first bite. I had to ask for a fork so I could eat the thing. The server could have cared less. I decided that was the end of that place for me. Several friends insisted that it was a one-off and that Barry probably wasn't there that day. So, two different people took me there to try again, two different times. Good burger both of those times. I think I wrote about it here but I can't remember for sure.

Since then, I have written several times about bad experiences at other places. For the most part, I stick by those comments. There are two places in town that serve pizza that is of less quality than a frozen pizza popped into the toaster oven back home. But they both sell a lot of pizza to the beer drinkers. When you're out having beers with like-minded friends, pizza is good, even if it is bad. I have since found a few places that serve decent pizza. So, there is really no point in writing about the bad ones. It is a personal preference; they aren't going to change and neither am I.

But I go back to the first experience at Barry's. I wonder why I didn't make a fuss and send it back, as a friend suggested to me this morning. I should have. Better to speak up, bring it to the attention of management and see how they handle it. Give them a chance to make amends or at least to see if they agree with you that the dish wasn't up to par. If they say that the food is what it is, then you're in a bad place. If they see what you're talking about and go into the kitchen and fix the chef, then you and they have made things better for the rest of us. That may be a better approach than writing about the bad food or service as if it is par for that place.

With all of that in mind, I think it is better to at least bring the troubles to the attention of the staff and see what happens. It really isn't fair to write about it without doing the right thing yourself. Good help is hard to find here. Very hard. The management can't be everywhere, supervising everything, always. And if it is brought to the attention of management and is ignored, then that is a damning post forthcoming and probably well-deserved.

This isn't my thread. I understand that. But it could be a better thread than it is if it was handled a little more fairly. And, it could be a thread that ups the quality of those places we all wish were a little better or more consistent.

So, if this is off topic, just jump on me with both feet. I don't care. I'll post my restaurant reviews in the "Where have you eaten lately" thread. But this one is already headed towards making at least one of the local eateries a better experience. It could actually help a lot of them if we went about it right.

I dont speak Thai and talking English to a Thai is like talking Russian to a German .

If the management had been there in the times I was in the place I would have discussed it with them , however , it wouldnt stop me posting my thread.

All well and good to eat in a good place but not so good when they serve crap and charge you for it.

Next time you have a bad meal , try refusing to pay for it in English !! unless of course you have no money problems and like being ripped off ?

Experiences for everyone are different but it gives us both spectrum's of the dining experience, good and bad.

I dont speak Thai and talking English to a Thai is like talking Russian to a German .

If the management had been there in the times I was in the place I would have discussed it with them , however , it wouldnt stop me posting my thread.

All well and good to eat in a good place but not so good when they serve crap and charge you for it.

Next time you have a bad meal , try refusing to pay for it in English !! unless of course you have no money problems and like being ripped off ?

Experiences for everyone are different but it gives us both spectrum's of the dining experience, good and bad.

Okay. Now I'm beginning to understand your way of thinking. You just kind of decide what people mean when they write, instead of understanding what they actually write. I don't think I mentioned anywhere that it is a good idea to accept a lower standard without doing something to try to rectify it. But somehow, you understand that I have said it is okay to just pay up and keep walking. Also, you infer I might have a little more cash than I have places to spend it. So, the level of understanding and common sense here is lowered from that point on. You have done more disservice to your "serious" thread than all of the other contributors combined.

Next, I see that you prefer Rico's pizza. In that case, you will really like Blue Sky and you will absolutely love Corleone's. Beer is served in all three places and two of them seem to be filled with good folks, enjoying some social time. I mistakenly thought that you were truly interested in good pizza. My beer days are long gone and I seem to find I like the quality of food for the quality of food, not atmosphere or good company. There is absolutely nothing wrong with going out for beers and pizza. Just, next time, don't confuse that activity with "dining" for the sake of dining. You're misleading us, if we were to take you seriously. I won't be, from here on out.

I gave him an open invitation yesterday, he hasn't bitten. I guess he's still having fun in the real world. :D

Guess I haven't been gone long enough. ;) What's happened to our happy little virtual home? (Or would that be virtually happy little home?) Think I'll stick to having fun in the real world until you guys get this sorted.

Absolutely beautiful motocy weather this morning. :D

Bloody freezing this morning. Cold North easterly blowing a gale. do you have heated Gloves VF !? :D

Bloody freezing this morning. Cold North easterly blowing a gale. do you have heated Gloves VF !? :D

Not heated, exactly, but they do have a good coating of pizza grease and Philly Cheese, which seems to do the job. ;)(Keeping on topic)

Pah! Ms Tastic was bleating about it being 25C today too! :lol:

Reading this has put me firmly back in the GRUMPY CLUB with mr Scea! And has done nothing to change my mind about burgers -

I hate the buggers! ( NB: not the eaters the burgers).

Sorry i can't get together with all you chaps at the barbi but gotta teach today.

Reading this has put me firmly back in the GRUMPY CLUB with mr Scea! And has done nothing to change my mind about burgers -

I hate the buggers! ( NB: not the eaters the burgers).

Sorry i can't get together with all you chaps at the barbi but gotta teach today.

As you can see, I got a little grumpy myself.

Sorry you can't make the picnic. Next time, I hope.

Hey, everyone has to get in touch with their Inner Grump, occasionally.

Just don't let it spoil your whole week....:)