Saudis warn of new terrorist threat in Europe, Paris says

News_Editor

Saudis warn of new terrorist threat in Europe, Paris says

2010-10-18 10:20:34 GMT+7 (ICT)

PARIS (BNO NEWS) -- The Saudi secret services has warned Europeans of a new terrorist threat on the continent, particularly in France, French Interior Minister Brice Hortefeux said on Sunday.

Speaking on LCI television, Hortefeux said that the services of his department have already prevented two attacks and have arrested a total of 61 people.

"A few hours ago, just days, the European secret services received a new message from the Saudis indicating that Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula is undoubtedly active or is planing to become active," Hortefeux said, adding that the threat affects the continent of Europe and especially France.

"The threat is real and our vigilance remains intact," Hortefeux warned.

The minister said that Interpol and other sources have also warned of the possibility of terrorist attacks in France. In particular, the minister referred to Interpol notices dated September 9 and September 16 which referred to information that a female suicide bomber is preparing an attack in France.

French authorities in recent weeks have shown extreme vigilance for fear of a terrorist attack. Last month, authorities reinforced the anti-terrorism plan, with a greater presence of officers on public transport systems.

Also in recent weeks, the iconic Eiffel Tower has been evacuated twice in fear of a terrorist attack. Several subway stations, as well as other locations, have also been evacuated.

According to reports, France is a preferred target for radical Islamists after France approved a law that prohibits the wearing of the burqa.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-10-18

as financiers of most of the Islamic terrorism that goes on, the Saudis would know in advance of any threats wouldn't they?

You don't think the Iranians have anything to do with Islamic terrorism?

let me guess, you are an American?

Yep, you got it in one. Congratulations.

I am a Yank that has worked five years in Iran (before, during and after the revolution), and over 30 years working in Saudi Arabia.

Now, would you care to answer my question?

as financiers of most of the Islamic terrorism that goes on, the Saudis would know in advance of any threats wouldn't they?

I am a Yank that has worked five years in Iran (before, during and after the revolution), and over 30 years working in Saudi Arabia.

My memory is a bit hazy here, please refresh it, how many of the WTC bombers were Saudis and how many were Iranians.

If you have been in Saudi for the last 30 years you will no doubt remember the natives dancing in the streets on 9/11 in celebration, I do.

i am sure there are elements in very country that support islamic terrorism but Irans involvement has has been hyped out of all proportion by US agencies who are war mongering on behalf of the jews

i would also guess you voted Mccain?

i am sure there are elements in very country that support islamic terrorism but Irans involvement has has been hyped out of all proportion by US agencies who are war mongering on behalf of the jews

Google Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas. You might learn something.

Gosh, you're bright.

You already figured out what my nationality is and my voting record and it all started with my asking a simple question about your statement claiming the Saudi's were the "financiers of most of the Islamic terrorism that goes on".

That was a patently ridiculous statement and deserved to be challenged. Perhaps you have proof to back up your claim?

My memory is a bit hazy here, please refresh it, how many of the WTC bombers were Saudis and how many were Iranians.

If you have been in Saudi for the last 30 years you will no doubt remember the natives dancing in the streets on 9/11 in celebration, I do.

How many Saudi's were involved with the takeover of the US Embassy in Tehran in 1979?

Yep, I was in Saudi on 9/11/01 and I saw no celebrations or dancing in the streets that day or the next several. The only dancing in the streets I witnessed was on CNN and it was the Palestinians doing the dancing.

Where did you see these festive events?

Google Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas. You might learn something.

Gosh, you're bright.

You already figured out what my nationality is and my voting record and it all started with my asking a simple question about your statement claiming the Saudi's were the "financiers of most of the Islamic terrorism that goes on".

That was a patently ridiculous statement and deserved to be challenged. Perhaps you have proof to back up your claim?

sorry to dissapoint you but in my opinion, anyone who was taken in by the lies of McCain is not worth my time debating with

so its goodbye....

Has nothing to do with 'the Jews' or to which political circus troupe they are leaning - many US-Americans have a prejudice towards Iran and its citizen without actually knowing much about that country. Most of the hate comes from the days of the American embassy hostage crisis.

The CIA operates since centuries in Iran. On the power level its basically about the oil reserves in Iran and the access to it. that is what the USA really want. And to get it without being to obvious we see all the war mongering, propaganda and Islamophobia. Anericans are easy to get with some national paranoia and some US vs THEM agitation.

And the USA as global power player wants maybe also world domination - true, but that isn't driven by some hidden Jewish conspiracy- that is anti-semitic bullshit.

How many Saudi's were involved with the takeover of the US Embassy in Tehran in 1979?

Yep, I was in Saudi on 9/11/01 and I saw no celebrations or dancing in the streets that day or the next several. The only dancing in the streets I witnessed was on CNN and it was the Palestinians doing the dancing.

Ah the overthrow of the Shah regime, you know the facts of that sorry incident as well as I.

I worked alongside Americans who still held resentment, not for the chain of events, but for the fact that on a personal level they lost out on lucrative contracts.

I didnt witness anything on CNN I witnessed with my own eyes the celebrating taking place on the streets of KSA.

You also know of the paranoia surrounding the Saudis and Shia Islam, as can be seen by the treatment of the Shia minority in KSA, the Saudi support for Iraq in its war with Iran and the Saudi wish not to have Saddam removed after the first Gulf War as a way of keeping the Shia majority in Iraq in check.

Two seperate but not entirely unrelated incidents, the Iranians wanted rid of an (in their eyes) American puppet.

One of Bin Ladens aims is also the overthrow of the monarchy in KSA.

Ah the overthrow of the Shah regime, you know the facts of that sorry incident as well as I.

I worked alongside Americans who still held resentment, not for the chain of events, but for the fact that on a personal level they lost out on lucrative contracts.

I didnt witness anything on CNN I witnessed with my own eyes the celebrating taking place on the streets of KSA.

You also know of the paranoia surrounding the Saudis and Shia Islam, as can be seen by the treatment of the Shia minority in KSA, the Saudi support for Iraq in its war with Iran and the Saudi wish not to have Saddam removed after the first Gulf War as a way of keeping the Shia majority in Iraq in check.

Two seperate but not entirely unrelated incidents, the Iranians wanted rid of an (in their eyes) American puppet.

I had a first hand glimpse of the overthrow of the Shah by our then American president, Jimmy Carter. I am fully aware of his actions in that matter and do not regard it as a shining moment in our history.

I am also aware of the fact many of the Iranian citizens did not want to have a Theocracy run by the Imams, whether they be Shiite or Sunni. Most of my Iranian friends and co-workers were fortunate enough to be able to leave after Khomeini and his Republican Guard took control. Oh, by the way, the Iranian Republican Guard at the time included a young officer named Ahmadinejad who was sent to Lebanon's Hezbollah to train them in terror tactics. I guess they don't support terrorism today, though.

It is safe to say you didn't work alongside me because I resent the overthrow of the Shah because it set back the nation of Iran by 400 years. I had no trouble finding other employment after the evacuation of Iran but then, I don't run in the same circles you do.

Oh by the way, it isn't paranoia if the other side really IS trying to get you. The non-removal of Saddam after the first Gulf War had everything to do with the UN mandate on the war calling for the expulsion of Iraq from Kuwait and nothing more. The entire coalition would have collapsed had Bush the Elder headed for Baghdad.

I ask again, in which city did you see these celebrations occur?

What an easy way to avoid facts that point out that you were completely wrong. :D

i am not completely wrong UG and you know it

however, my opinion, my justification for it or even providing some proof for it will not change the mindset of you or Chuckd

i have more important things to do than be an internet warrior fighting a lost cause.

I had a first hand glimpse of the overthrow of the Shah by our then American president, Jimmy Carter. I am fully aware of his actions in that matter and do not regard it as a shining moment in our history.

I am also aware of the fact many of the Iranian citizens did not want to have a Theocracy run by the Imams, whether they be Shiite or Sunni. Most of my Iranian friends and co-workers were fortunate enough to be able to leave after Khomeini and his Republican Guard took control. Oh, by the way, the Iranian Republican Guard at the time included a young officer named Ahmadinejad who was sent to Lebanon's Hezbollah to train them in terror tactics. I guess they don't support terrorism today, though.

It is safe to say you didn't work alongside me because I resent the overthrow of the Shah because it set back the nation of Iran by 400 years. I had no trouble finding other employment after the evacuation of Iran but then, I don't run in the same circles you do.

Oh by the way, it isn't paranoia if the other side really IS trying to get you. The non-removal of Saddam after the first Gulf War had everything to do with the UN mandate on the war calling for the expulsion of Iraq from Kuwait and nothing more. The entire coalition would have collapsed had Bush the Elder headed for Baghdad.

I ask again, in which city did you see these celebrations occur?

The name of the town is Khamis Mushayt.

As I recall the Americans were on lockdown and didn't report for work the following day.

I can understand these events not being shown on CNN, there were also a number of isolated incidents (I recall that was the terminolgy used at the time) that also went unreported (covered up some might say), such as a shoot out at a western compound (the bullet holes were plugged and walls repainted), westerners having guns pulled on them, westerners having their cars stoned, westerners receiving death threats while at work.

As you say we obviously operated in different circles, otherwise you would have been aware of these events.

How quickly time flies and the memory fades, how forgetful of me, like most things in the sandpit, it must have been those Yemenis, Egyptians or Filipinas who were celebrating, they usually get blamed for everything, because as we all know a Saudi would have never done such a thing.

What an easy way to avoid facts that point out that you were completely wrong. :D

i am not completely wrong UG and you know it

How could I have ever doubted your profound theories? :rolleyes:

US agencies who are war mongering on behalf of the jews

not just me UG

simply Google that statement ''US agencies who are war mongering on behalf of the jews''

only 5600 + results

is everyone but you ''completely wrong''

in your own mind maybe but in the real world..........

Why don't you Google "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and see how many loony replies you get? There are a lot of hate-mongers out there.

76934548_98f9bf9ebd.jpg

"When Arabs love their children more than they hate Jews, there will be peace".

- Golda Meir.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Why don't you Google "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and see how many loony replies you get? There are a lot of hate-mongers out there.

76934548_98f9bf9ebd.jpg

- Golda Meir.

There was this Roman general who said, Let them hate, as long as they fear. Golda Meir is just as likely to say some stupid provocative thing as any other politician.And isn't there an implied threat of violence to innocent Arab children? Even to Israel children?

- Golda Meir.

i can see defending the Jews is something close to your heart UG but not mine

truthfully one more sympathiser more or less won't make a bit of difference and its not important enough in my world to be even bothered with it

its an omelete that's been over-egged in my opinion ........

76934548_98f9bf9ebd.jpg

- Golda Meir.

And isn't there an implied threat of violence to innocent Arab children? Even to Israel children?

. To (mis)interpret her statement as you did, took a lot of creative thinking. :blink: