Buying A R/c Airplane Model In Bkk

Buff-horns

i am looking for a easilly assembled simple to use electric powered plane for the kids to use .where can you buy one of these ?

i know the shop at WTC but they seem to have more elaborate and expensive models for adults.

they are made in the far east so they shouldnt be too expensive .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont suppose you have any more contact info.. I am after a Horibo heli but dont want the hassle of import duty and that possible damage from shipping (another heli got a bit crumpled in the mail)..

XRB Sky Robo indoor is what I am after.. Will pay a small premium on normal mail order prices to buy in Thailand.

I went to this guys condo the other day, and I got to tell you. he loves those r/c toys. I saw at least 5 r/c airplanes of all types. he also had at least 5 r/c all-terrain trucks. talk about addicted to the stuff. this guy definitely was into it.

anyway, when I asked him where you could buy this stuff, he didn't have any exact address but mentioned that most of the shops selling this stuff are in the bangna trat area. ..whereever that is????

one other thing I noticed about his place. ...he had all these thai magazines with articles on r/c toys, and there were many ads in the magazine selling these r/c toys.

....so, my suggestion to you is - if you want to know where to buy the r/c toys here in bangkok, get the thai magazine. it's probably sold in all the thai bookstores.

hope this info helps you.

in siam discovery next to the cemina u will find a shop that has R/C toys but i cant remember if he had plain.u cant ask him though he might know

I went to this guys condo the other day, and I got to tell you.  he loves those r/c toys.  I saw at least 5 r/c airplanes of all types.  he also had at least 5 r/c all-terrain trucks.  talk about addicted to the stuff.  this guy definitely was into it.

anyway, when I asked him where you could buy this stuff, he didn't have any exact address but mentioned that most of the shops selling this stuff are in the bangna trat area.  ..whereever that is????

one other thing I noticed about his place.  ...he had all these thai magazines with articles on r/c toys, and there were many ads in the magazine selling these r/c toys.

....so, my suggestion to you is - if you want to know where to buy the r/c toys here in bangkok, get the thai magazine.  it's probably sold in all the thai bookstores.

i am looking also for R/C plains

but im looking for the big ones ,the onse that use fule

did that guy have those types?

Edited by smb

in siam discovery next to the cemina u will find a shop that has R/C toys but i cant remember if he had plain.u cant ask him though he might know
I went to this guys condo the other day, and I got to tell you.  he loves those r/c toys.  I saw at least 5 r/c airplanes of all types.  he also had at least 5 r/c all-terrain trucks.  talk about addicted to the stuff.  this guy definitely was into it.

anyway, when I asked him where you could buy this stuff, he didn't have any exact address but mentioned that most of the shops selling this stuff are in the bangna trat area.  ..whereever that is????

one other thing I noticed about his place.  ...he had all these thai magazines with articles on r/c toys, and there were many ads in the magazine selling these r/c toys.

....so, my suggestion to you is - if you want to know where to buy the r/c toys here in bangkok, get the thai magazine.  it's probably sold in all the thai bookstores.

he had everything. he even set up one of the rooms in his condo to serve as a workroom where he could take apart his planes to clean them up.

oh. incidentally, just got back from shopping at one of the tesco lotus stores, and saw those r/c toy magazines on the shelf for sale there. I'm sure those magazines are full of addresses of shops around bangkok that sell r/c toys.

helicopters, airplanes, cars, trucks, boats, etc. either fuel or electric.

hey. get this. there are some TV members who are into the r/c stuff big time. PM them.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25684

he had everything. he even set up one of the rooms in his condo to serve as a workroom where he could take apart his planes to clean them up.

oh. incidentally, just got back from shopping at one of the tesco lotus stores, and saw those r/c toy magazines on the shelf for sale there. I'm sure those magazines are full of addresses of shops around bangkok that sell r/c toys.

helicopters, airplanes, cars, trucks, boats, etc. either fuel or electric.

hey. get this. there are some TV members who are into the r/c stuff big time. PM them.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25684

thanks man

where is tesco lotus stores in bangkok?

if i tell the taxi driver tesco would he know it?