Carlsberg Returning To Thailand

webfact

BREAKING BEER NEWS:

Official: Carlsberg Returning to Thailand

gallery_327_1086_11399.jpg

On Facebook close to 500 people have joined

the "Bring back Carlsberg to Thailand"

group. Now, they have finally got what they longed for.

Fluid Asia Pacific Co., Ltd., official importer and distributor of foreign beer brands in Thailand, confirm to ScandAsia that Danish beer giant Carlsberg will hit the market tomorrow.

Wednesday October 20 Carlsberg draught beer will be available in Bangkok and Pattaya locations. An occasion that will be celebrated by the many who has been patiently waiting for the re-entering of the Danish beer in Thailand.

In Bangkok and Pattaya you will be able to enjoy a cold, drafted Carlsberg in the following venues:

Bangkok:

Bully’s Pub, Chequers Soi 4, Jools Soi 4, Huntsman Pub, Black Swan, Apache Soi Cowboy, Shadow Bar Soi Cowboy, Londoner, Dubliner, Office Bar Soi 33, Mojos Soi 33, Sportsman Washington Sq, Bull’s Head, Robin Hood.

Pattaya:

Butchers Arms Soi Buakhao, Queen Victoria Soi 6, Sportsman Soi 13, Rosie O’Grady’s Soi 7, Centara Hotel.

Around the weekend further venues will added in Phuket and Samui.

source: http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?coun_code=th&news_id=7532

SCANDASIA

-- 2010-10-19

There is a bar on the Ban Tai Road just after leaving Thong Sala on Koh Phangan selling cans of the stuff for 80 baht. I found it last week. The owner brings it in himself from Malaysia.

shhh .... he shouldnt be doing that .....

reminds me of a few bars that used to import Stella into thailand from Malaysia for the brits, the sign outside the bars read ' Wife Beater for Sale ' ,

There's nothing on the Carlsberg web site linked above, under either the company announcements or press releases for 2010, relating to any kind of return to Thailand...

Not saying it's not true.... Just saying, nothing official on the Carlsberg web site as yet...

Maybe they don't feel like they need to say anything official because they apparently won't actually be doing any brewing in Thailand (unlike before).... just having some of their product imported here...

Edited by jfchandler

I really cannot understand the enthusiastic reaction to the return of this tasteless fizzy crap that purports to be beer.

The Malaysian version is just as bad as the one previously manufactured (I can't bring myself to use the word brewed) in Thailand and I would guess that the Laos one will be the same.

The only Carlsberg worth drinking are the stronger varieties brewed in Denmark.

But, of course, everyone has his or her own tastes.

Anyone know if it will be in bottles and/or cans also?

I hope it will be brown bottles. I hate the stuff which comes in green.

Marketers believe that brown-bottle beer is lower class and green-bottle beer is higher class.

"Class" in the sense of "Quality as perceived by the consumers", that is. This relates directly to price.

I don't know where this colour-classification came from. I don't even think the colour of the bottle has anything to do with the taste or the quality of the beer within. Why do you want your beer in brown bottles?

Anyone know the reason why they suddenly left Thailand all those years ago?

Yes. The whole industry knows. But it's lawyer's stuff, and why would we - the consumers - be interested in the details. Let's just welcome a good beer back into the country.

Let's wait untill tomorrow,since it is imported and for some reason only available at selected venues,the chance is that it carries a high price.

Curious if after the launch everyone will still be as enthousiast as today.

Same as some time ago there would be a post every day for beer Lao until it was available at inflated prices. :)

Anyone know the reason why they suddenly left Thailand all those years ago?

I heard rumours ranging from a 7-11 lockout to a blatant shove-out from Chang but that was all unsubstantiated pub talk....I'd love to know the "real" reason.

a friend of mine a danish stock broker told me it had something to do with a very greedy high level boss at the thai brewery creaming off a large sum of money . he didn´t go into full details caus of professional reasons but it seems they all got togeather to cover up, and to help save face agreed the proper thing to do was to pull out of thailand till thngs cooled down . at the time the market for foreign beers wasn´t so good , so they just left and concentrated on othe asian areas .

Marketers believe that brown-bottle beer is lower class and green-bottle beer is higher class.

"Class" in the sense of "Quality as perceived by the consumers", that is. This relates directly to price.

I don't know where this color-classification came from. I don't even think the color of the bottle has anything to do with the taste or the quality of the beer within. Why do you want your beer in brown bottles?

For witch reason ever ... why do they sell "Heineken " in green bottles then.....?? if only for quality beer :lol:

I don't know where this color-classification came from. I don't even think the color of the bottle has anything to do with the taste or the quality of the beer within. Why do you want your beer in brown bottles?

For witch reason ever ... why do they sell "Heineken " in green bottles then.....?? if only for quality beer :lol:

Good ale doesn't like to exposed to sunlight, therefore the darker brown bottles. Beer in general doesn't like getting hot and cold, at least when I made it or drank it. I've had a few bottles explode when they got too warm or too cold...