Sir Alex Ferguson confirms Wayne Rooney's desire to leave Manchester United

News_Editor

Sir Alex Ferguson confirms Wayne Rooney's desire to leave Manchester United

2010-10-19 23:52:26 GMT+7 (ICT)

MANCHESTER, ENGLAND (BNO NEWS) -- Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson on Tuesday confirmed Wayne Rooney's desire to exit the club, after several days of speculation and media rumors.

After Ferguson announced that Rooney would not be playing in the upcoming Champions match against Bursaspor because of an injured ankle, the international striker went on to publicly deny he was unable to play because of an injury.

"That was my intention, that was my idea, to galvanize him," Ferguson said. "Take a break from the games, get the training done, get his fitness back. Get rid of the traces of the ankle injury away and play for England. So why he’s come out and said that, I've no idea," he added.

As the transfer period of January approaches, rumors have been circulating in sports media about Rooney's future. Some say the two have not spoken to each other for several weeks, but Ferguson explained that they "never had an argument, not a bit."

"I think you have to understand the mechanics of these situations when people want to leave the club. It's an easy one to say he's fallen out with the manager, a very easy one to say. I think there are traces of that too," Ferguson explained.

Despite Manchester United's initial rejection of Rooney's possible departure, the international star has made it clear that he has no intention of signing a contract extension, to the surprise of both Ferguson and the striker's agent.

Ferguson said to be "disappointed," but he was quick to say that if Rooney changes his mind, the door will be open for him at Manchester United.

"Wayn'’s been a beneficiary of this help, just as Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and all the players have been. That's what we're there for," he added.

"We're dealing with agents who live in the pockets of players. We live in a different world now and we have to deal with it in a different way. It's a pity but it's there and we have to deal with it," Ferguson stated.

Rooney has been linked to several clubs, including Manchester City, who reportedly could offer him twice his current salary.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-10-19

If not past his sell by date he is close to it. Let the spoilt little man go.

If whoever pays big money for him, They will regret it in the not too distant future.

He will be on that bench more than he will be on the pitch.

Having said that I doubt I could work for the chewing gum kid