Living In Chiang Mai

Sullani

Good points;

-Cooler than the south, less humid.

-Easier to find large sized shoes. (no idea why)

-Still reasonably priced.

-Almost everything Bangkok has in a smaller, more manageable package.

-I like the native culture in the north.

-Wide open spaces.

-Less crime.

-Relatively easy to navigate.

Bad points;

-Air is worse than Bangkok as there's no sea breeze, people think that they can burn anything, and the mountains trap it in.

-Traffic can be bad, though not near as bad as Bangkok.

-Like most Thai cities, it needs a bath, but not as dirty as Phuket.

-Its growing fast and will get more crowded

If you want a bit more quiet but still in the north, take a look at Chiang Rai, Phrae, and some of the other regional centres as well. :o

cv

Large Size Shoes??? Where?? and what size do you take??  I find it almost impossible.....

I take a 13 and I can never find them down south or even BKK without paying big money if available at all. Up north I may have to comb the markets a bit, but they're always there. Ask a vendor who sells the style you want and let them do the work for you. It's worth a couple hundred baht. Never a problem in Mae Sai, or Tachilek, but then again, what can't you find there? :o

cv

Talichek is no problem, true. But I get up there about once every two years, same as Bangkok. I also take 13s, my eldest son is in 16s now and still growing. (We had a pair of Kayaks made for him!) Even my daughter is size 10 at age 13, poor girl.

My son is totally out of luck and both my daughter and I have great difficulty.

Talichek is no problem, true. But I get up there about once every two years, same as Bangkok. I also take 13s, my eldest son is in 16s now and still growing. (We had a pair of Kayaks made for him!) Even my daughter is size 10 at age 13, poor girl.

My son is totally out of luck and both my daughter and I have great difficulty.

:o P1P Your steak and diddely Pies are not half bad, very good french fries, veg was fresh, gravy lush. :D

Although patronsing your establishment is NOT a good reason to move to Chaing Mai, as because of my OLD AGE there was nowhere for to park my zimmerframe as it was pis#ing down on Sunday. :D

Nevertheless have to say that I left my best freiend in there talking about getting back with his G/F who is having his baby and guess what he had Steak and Diddley Pie too and they have decided to give it another go. :D

The moral of this story is get some of P1P's pies down your neck and live happily ever after :D

Cheers

TP