"Hello Kitty" Tuk Tuk Lady

tigerfish

just this morning got back from yet another trip up to chiang mai and if all truth be told am glad to be back in my usual homely surroundings in bangkok. not that their is anything wrong with chiang mai, its just been a bit of a nightmare 2 months for my wife and i who have finally managed to see the back of a legal matter that has taken over 13 years to clear up.

anyway with this being our last trip and having had enough of thai court rooms, the weather and overly greedy songtieouws that bumped the price up every time they saw my wife with farang husband in tow, we got our gear together and mentally prepared for the long trip back to bangkok. stepped out of the tapea inn that we have been staying in and were greeted yet again to another down pour of rain and the usual every second songtieouw driver trying to charge us 150 baht fare to take us to the bus station. to which my other half resiliently waved on.

then from out of the blue this little custom made tuk tuk done out in pink and black paint and with hello kitty logos plastered on the front, sides and back pulls up. out pops the lady and asks where we wished to go ? we agree the price of 60 baht and she then proceeds to wipe down the back seating area and asks us to wait in the dry while she attaches three see through logo-ed hello kitty water proof plastic sheets to shield us from the rain. in we get and time being a little short, because of waiting for a ride for quite some time ask the lady to get us to the bus station as quickly as possible. no problem she states and off she vroomssssssss.

not once did i or my wife feel as if she was taking any unnecessary dangerous risks considering the filthy conditions she had to encounter, plus the fact that the roads where chock a block with traffic with it being rush hour. she was confident in every maneuver she made and calculated her moves according to the amount of cars, buses, lorries and bikes that where on the road at the time, without thrashing the hel_l out of her small 3 wheel machine. we arrived safely and without a splash of water on either of us from passing cars or puddles that she managed to avoid. and to cap it all off she parked up in an area where neither my wife or i had to step out onto what was fast becoming a klong in the middle of the bus station. helped us with our bags and wished us a safe journey back to bangkok.

needless to say that she not only got the agreed 60 baht fare, but also a 40 baht tip to make it an even 100. i also asked her if it would be o.k. to take a picture on my mobile of her custom made machine, which bought a big smile to her face. unfortunately though,me not be the most clued up of people when it comes to all things mobile, managed to cock the picture up. so i cant post the image here on the forum. sad.gif i thought though after all the lady had done for me and my wife the least i could do would be to give her a bit of a write up and a plug.

you've got a good un up there CM ! thumbsup.gif could teach a thing or two to the rabble of tuk tuk drivers we have down here in BKK.

tigerfish.

re ... anyone know any background on this fine citizen of CM ?

and re .... i thought though after all the lady had done for me and my wife the least i could do would be to give her a bit of a write up and a plug.

i think this is the lady you enquired about but only you would know for sure.

her name is pit .

she drives tuk tuk number 863 and her usual base is outside the bangkok bank near hillside 2 on the west side of nimenhiem road and if you download all the pics and look you will have all the info you need if you want to call her

i dont think she understood much when i tried to explain about the post on tv but her husband ( next to her in pic ) has a friend who wiil find this post about her .... all she knows is ... thai visa .. on the internet and ... hello kitty tuk tuk lady

she seemed a very happy lady to me as well so maybe some tv members who live around nimenhiem road ( i own a dream so never use tuk tuks ) could give her some work ?

hope its the right lady ? ... dave2

post-42592-096684500 1288014402_thumb.jp

post-42592-080405200 1288014451_thumb.jp

post-42592-013764100 1288014495_thumb.jp

post-42592-068235900 1288014638_thumb.jp

Thanks for the post, Tigerfish. I'll look her up when I get to Chiang Mai. Good service needs to be rewarded. Where I live in Chiang Mai is a bit out of her local, but I'll find her and get her card for others. I've met many Thais who will go the extra mile for no more than just being friendly. And, thanks to Dave2 for the photos. I'm sure she's the same woman.

yes thanks dave2 and yes that is the lady i was talking about.

i am glad now that a little interest has been generated by the thread and i hope that she benefits from any new customers that might come her way because of it.

she deserves all the plaudits she gets.

a truly lovely lady and a great advertisement for both the chiang mai region and thailand itself.

tigerfish.

re ... yes thanks dave2 and yes that is the lady i was talking about.

i am glad now that a little interest has been generated by the thread and i hope that she benefits from any new customers that might come her way because of it.

she deserves all the plaudits she gets.

a truly lovely lady and a great advertisement for both the chiang mai region and thailand itself.

im glad i found her for you and i hope some tv ers might hire her for an hour , a day or more if they have visitors / family that need showing around

a good result for all i think ... dave2