Got 90 days on arrival instead of 30 days

Got this anonymous email to the forum, any ideas from you, fellow members?

----

On my last arrival at Don Muang, i handed in my British passport, together with usual request for 30 day stay, (having no prior visa).

My passport was duly stamped by the immigration official with no comments or questions etc. I did not check the stamp at the time, taking it for granted that all was in order, put my passport away, and went "home" . only some time later, i checked to see what date i would mark on my calender to remind me when time was nearing to make the usual extension/visa-run etc., did i see to my delight that having entered on 29/JAN/03 my "until" date was 28APR 03, giving me 3 whole month's withoud the hassle of a visa-run or whatever.

only later did doubt creep in, and i feared that i could have problems that i really don't want.

Please can you give any advise??? or should i just stay, and when time comes to make new "visa" if any problems arise about the length of time given me, just point out that this is the time given me by the official concerned, and "here i am"!!?? if they change it now, i DO have a problem , because if they change it to 30 day's, then i am already on "overstay".

It says clearly that you are ADMITTED until 28 APR 2003.

Just play stupid and enjoy. But be prepared with 60 days overstay á 200 Baht (12,000 Baht) if they find it out on exit. I  would have done that!

Or, go to nearest Immigration office and ask what to do, venetually clear overstay and ask for an extension.

Or, exit quick as possible and enter again on a better visa.

What do you think, forum members?

Technically speaking this is a cock up. Assume you only got 30 days, and exit when your 30 days is up. Sounds like the guy on the desk used the wrong stamp, but you will be in the computer as having only 30 days (you don't have a visa number), and will have to coff up for overstays if you stay any longer. Remember they are in charge, and will most likely charge you the overstay, unless they are feeling charitable and kind (not unknown).