Ubuntu => It Meeting

Cloggie

Yesterday we had an Ubuntu meeting in Soi 8 (name of the bar) in Soi 8 and we decided to make it more general to attract more people, you can still talk about Ubuntu of course.

So we change it from Ubuntu => IT Meeting | when - > Wednesday November 3rd in Soi 8 , Soi 8 we start at around 07:00pm

Subjects whatever you like as long as it is related to computers software / hardware so not about politic and religion (these two are BANNED)

Microsoft Window XP, Windows 7 users, Ubuntu / Gentoo / Mandriva users, Mac users you are all welcome, please let me know in advance on this list who will join the next meeting.

Make new friends, let others help you to solve your laptop problems finally get that answer to that problem you have with your network at home etc etc

Don't forget to take you laptop with you!!!!

Cheers

Cloggie

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

since years I try to find inexpensive LINUX-lessons in BKK........

okay, we switch on the laptop....and now, what's next ? would need a "Linux / Ubuntu for Dummies " - course :ph34r:

switch on the laptop and now... ask your questions, drink beer, show us the problems you're having, drink beer, everyone tries to help and solve, drink beer, move on to next topic, etc, etc...

since years I try to find inexpensive LINUX-lessons in BKK........

okay, we switch on the laptop....and now, what's next ? would need a "Linux / Ubuntu for Dummies " - course :ph34r:

switch on the laptop and now... ask your questions, drink beer, show us the problems you're having, drink beer, everyone tries to help and solve, drink beer, move on to next topic, etc, etc...

well, it would start with "how to actually get it installed"..... :rolleyes:

it looks like not much is going to happen tonight... siam2007, if you want to install linux and get a free private lesson, just let me know, we could meet tonight if you want. just be sure to bring the installation cd with you. if you have no idea about what to download, you could start with ubuntu i686, just go to ubuntu.com and grab a copy (it's an *.iso file that you have to burn as an image).

o we change it from Ubuntu => IT Meeting | when - > Wednesday November 3rd in Soi 8 , Soi 8 we start at around 07:00pm

Soi 8 Pattaya I guess? And which bar exactly?

Thanx

It's Soi 8 Bangkok isn't it? If Pattaya I can make it, but my understanding was that it is in Bangkok.

OK great !

so far, people who have confirmed (based on what can be read on this thread):

Cloggie

ColinChapman

Dharmabm

Crushdepth

urandom

hey that's the original crew !

martin, will you be able to join this time? would be nice...

siam2007, many free "teachers" at your disposal, register now!

pattaya folks (richb2004v2, kebabbaro), Cloggie comes every time from Pattaya, maybe you guys could join together for this linux/it road trip..

OK great !

so far, people who have confirmed (based on what can be read on this thread):

Cloggie

ColinChapman

Dharmabm

Crushdepth

urandom

hey that's the original crew !

martin, will you be able to join this time? would be nice...

siam2007, many free "teachers" at your disposal, register now!

pattaya folks (richb2004v2, kebabbaro), Cloggie comes every time from Pattaya, maybe you guys could join together for this linux/it road trip..

thanks for the offer, I will certainly get back to you, but later, as unfortunately, I first need to get my DVD/CD-drive repaired

or, most probably, I'll buy a new Laptop when I am in my home country for X-Mas holiday, as the monitor is somehow broken too :whistling:

i'm trying desperately to get out of the factory, this has been a day (month really) from hel_l. that guiness is going to taste real good if i can make it, now if only true would cooperate and let me upload that lousy 80mb file i've been trying all afternoon! ;>}

see you all in a few,

k

Last Wednesday November 17th same faces for a new IT meeting - Urandom / Colin Chapman and Dharmabam.

Next meeting: 07:00pm December 15th in Bangkok, Sukhumvit, Soi 8, Soi 8

Still room for more people to talk about IT - hope to see you all again next time!

Cheers,

M.

• 2 weeks later...