Ubuntu => It Meeting

Cloggie

Beerian,

Last time we talked about different version of Linux but it can be about any subject.

First time we discussed VPN, PCAnywhere, remote desktop, VPN, VNC, why / who not use Open Sourse

There is no agenda, just 'genaral' discussions about IT and not only related to Ubuntu anymore

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry guys, looks like i won't be able to make it tonight. still at the factory and the wife went up north for a few days and is coming home late tonight. going home to spend some quality 'boys only' time with my son. somebody have a guinness for me!

k

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

Next IT meeting / Geek meeting is January 12th in Soi 8 Bar, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok

When you enter the bar, look for the table with all the laptops on it :D

December 15th was the last IT meeting and it was very interesting again.

Hope to see some new faces next year at the first IT meeting of 2011.

Cheers,

M.

• 2 weeks later...

Urandom,

No problem to move it to Thursday January 13th.

What about Colin Chapman, Dharmabam, Crushdepth, DevDrinker, Siamect - any problems with this new date?

Cheers,

Cloggie

I'll miss Boardwalk Empire!

I prefer Wednesday, but if the verdict is for Thursday, I'll be there (you don't get rid of me that easily).

Urandom,

No problem to move it to Thursday January 13th.

What about Colin Chapman, Dharmabam, Crushdepth, DevDrinker, Siamect - any problems with this new date?

Cheers,

Cloggie

can do! mmmm, i can already taste the guinness! ;>}

Id be interested to come to this but Im a complete noob to ububntu so not really sure what I could contribute.

you don't need to contribute (unless you want to pay the tab), but many of us are there to answer questions, not to ask! ;>}

k

(actually, saying many is 3/4 of 5, so that may not be the best way to describe it, but come along anyway!)

Lets make it Thursday January 13th - same time / same place - and see whap happens.

I was going to come today. :lol:

OK, see you all Thursday.

Cheers.

aren't you the reason we switched to thursday?! that's it, you're buying the first round! B)

52 beers later. Talking gibberish (nowt too serious) about windows / linux / microsoft / ipads / (groovy/php/j2ee/python/nodejs). Next meet 10 or 11th feb (cant remember) come along - all welcome. Cant miss it a table with 3/4 laptops on.

Edited by devdrinker

Last night had an interesting meeting again in Soi 8 Bar, Sukhumvit Soi 8 in Bangkok.

Colin Chapman, Dharmabam, Crushdepth and also two new 'members' showed up: BugJackBaron and Devdrinker

Absent WITHOUT notice: Urandom also waiting for DaveJonesBKK and Siamect - hopefully next time they all show up as well

My OpenBox problem was solved, a demonstration with a Google phone and a 'layer' so you can SEE pictures from people who post on Twitter where they are (please correct me if I am wrong Crushdepth)

Also discussion about Google / Android / Apple, "Evil yes / no" what data do they send home or to advertisers, do we still believe in privacy or if you use INTERNET or does privacy NOT exist anymore as everything you do is logged / monitored / recorded somewhere....

Buy software or use open / free software? Why - why not? Local staff issues, how to setup a company in Thailand etc etc all very interesting stuff.

Unfortunately I had to catch the latest bus back to Pattaya so I had stop after 4 bottles of Heineken.

Next meeting will be Thursday February 10th - still enough place for new members, join ALL!!

See you there.

Cheers,

Cloggie

PS - as we all agree food is EXCELLENT at Soi 8 Bar

Last night had an interesting meeting again in Soi 8 Bar, Sukhumvit Soi 8 in Bangkok.

Colin Chapman, Dharmabam, Crushdepth and also two new 'members' showed up: BugJackBaron and Devdrinker

Absent WITHOUT notice: Urandom also waiting for DaveJonesBKK and Siamect - hopefully next time they all show up as well

My OpenBox problem was solved, a demonstration with a Google phone and a 'layer' so you can SEE pictures from people who post on Twitter where they are (please correct me if I am wrong Crushdepth)

Also discussion about Google / Android / Apple, "Evil yes / no" what data do they send home or to advertisers, do we still believe in privacy or if you use INTERNET or does privacy NOT exist anymore as everything you do is logged / monitored / recorded somewhere....

Buy software or use open / free software? Why - why not? Local staff issues, how to setup a company in Thailand etc etc all very interesting stuff.

Unfortunately I had to catch the latest bus back to Pattaya so I had stop after 4 bottles of Heineken.

Next meeting will be Thursday February 10th - still enough place for new members, join ALL!!

See you there.

Cheers,

Cloggie

PS - as we all agree food is EXCELLENT at Soi 8 Bar

And good prices on the beer, we at least on the pints of tiger, 110baht all night.

Colin, my PMs should be enabled now.

Absent WITHOUT notice: Urandom

actually, he did reply to my email, i just didn't see it until this morning. so the note from mom should be accepted (even if it was forged!) ;>}

k

• 3 weeks later...

Reminder ==== IT Meeting ====

Coming Thursday February 10th around 7.00PM - Bangkok, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Soi 8 Bar

Urandom, Colin Chapman, Dharmabam, Crushdepth, DevDrinker, BugJackBaron, DaveJonesBKK, Siamect (?)

New members are more than welcome to join!

Hope to see you all again.

Cheers,

Cloggie