Dodgy Offer At Ptt

Forethat

I drove to Pattaya 5am on sunday. Stopped for a refuel and a cup of coffee just outside Chonburi. The guy at PTT asked me if I needed a receipt. At first, I didn't understand (or believe) what he said, so I asked him again, and when he clarified himself I realised the guy made me an offer to buy diesel at a cheaper price than advertised....as long as I didn't require a receipt.

This is the first time I've had this offer, but maybe it is more common than I know. Is it?

How could he do this, was he changing the figures on the pump before fuelling you up ??

Anywho which PTT in Chonburi was it, I'll gladly fill up for less, I have no need for receipts.

I have no clue how he could do this. Probably had a way to prevent the amount of fuel pumped from being registered or logged.

Edited by Forethat

You get cheaper fuel, he gets extra income.

You win, he wins and that particular gas station's getting discrepancies in the books.

Perhaps it's not only PTT...

But then again,

How many of you guys actually require a receipt when filling up? Think about it, why can't he keep mum and pocket the entire amount instead of fussing about a silly receipt and get a pay cut? You'll still be paying without a receipt i suppose?

I need receipts for reimbursement from the company. But, I have often been given hand written receipts. I don't care, as long as I get a receipt for the amount that I paid. I have never been given this offer, but I suspect some of those handwritten receipts could potentially be doctored.

You get cheaper fuel, he gets extra income.

You win, he wins and that particular gas station's getting discrepancies in the books.

Perhaps it's not only PTT...

But then again,

How many of you guys actually require a receipt when filling up? Think about it, why can't he keep mum and pocket the entire amount instead of fussing about a silly receipt and get a pay cut? You'll still be paying without a receipt i suppose?

You "win" but your are an accomplice stealing from his company same as he is.

But then again,

I pay with my company Amex...

How could he do this, was he changing the figures on the pump before fuelling you up ??

Anywho which PTT in Chonburi was it, I'll gladly fill up for less, I have no need for receipts.

I have no clue how he could do this. Probably had a way to prevent the amount of fuel pumped from being registered or logged.

This was happening in London (possibly all over the Uk, who knows ) certainly in the late 60's . . . .what was actually happening was that tanker fuel delivery drivers, were stealing 1000's of gallons of fuel from the depots, foremen and gate security were also involved as they test amount of fuel leaving for delivery.

Then they sold the fuel to the managers of petrol stations, who had to juggle the amount of knock off fuel in the tanks, with the legit fuel from the company, Shell or whoever. So basically there was no need to fiddle or tamper with the pumps themselves, as there was so much unaccounted for fuel in their tanks. The knock off fuel was normally sold cheaper than the legit stuff.

Mind you this may not be the scenario that is happening here, but is a possibilty.