WikiLeaks to hold major news conference

News_Editor

WikiLeaks to hold major news conference

2010-10-22 00:03:16 GMT+7 (ICT)

BRUSSELS (BNO NEWS) -- Whistle-blowing organization WikiLeaks on Thursday announced that it will soon hold a press conference in Europe, but the details of the press conference was not immediately publicly released.

WikiLeaks said on its Twitter account that the press conference would be held in Europe, but gave no exact date or location.

In a separate news release e-mailed to news organizations, including BNO News, WikiLeaks announced the subject, date, time and location of the press conference. Those details could not be released publicly because they remain under embargo.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-10-22

Anyone else suspect WikiLeaks is being used by the CIA - US government?

The last batch of documents supported the lie that Osama Bin Laden is still alive and that Pakistan is the next threat. All very convenient for the US corporations that really run the show.

its fairly well known among certain circles that Julian Assange has had access to several top secret leaked NASA documents, outlining an Earth global killer asteroid impact that is less than 8 years away... :ph34r:

edit: this could be it..! .....(or perhaps its just another Iraq expose.. :rolleyes: )

Edited by Goshawk

At 5pm EST Friday 22nd October 2010 WikiLeaks released the largest classified military leak in history. The 391,832 reports ('The Iraq War Logs'), document the war and occupation in Iraq, from 1st January 2004 to 31st December 2009 (except for the months of May 2004 and March 2009) as told by soldiers in the United States Army. Each is a 'SIGACT' or Significant Action in the war. They detail events as seen and heard by the US military troops on the ground in Iraq and are the first real glimpse into the secret history of the war that the United States government has been privy to throughout.

http://wikileaks.org/

War Launched to Protect Israel - Bush Adviser

IPS uncovered the remarks by Philip Zelikow, who is now the executive director of the body set up to investigate the terrorist attacks on the United States in September 2001 - the 9/11 commission - in which he suggests a prime motive for the invasion just over one year ago was to eliminate a threat to Israel, a staunch U.S. ally in the Middle East.

Zelikow's casting of the attack on Iraq as one launched to protect Israel appears at odds with the public position of President George W. Bush and his administration, which has never overtly drawn the link between its war on the regime of former president Hussein and its concern for Israel's security.

The administration has instead insisted it launched the war to liberate the Iraqi people, destroy Iraq's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and to protect the United States.

http://ipsnews.net/interna.asp?idnews=23083

Interesting is that in other parts of the world the now published wikileaks HIT THE NEWS and make headlines, but not in 'our' little world news channel (what is actually just a selection of what an American content provider thinks is proper enough to deliver to the local American market as 'world news')

At 5pm EST Friday 22nd October 2010 WikiLeaks released the largest classified military leak in history. The 391,832 reports ('The Iraq War Logs'), document the war and occupation in Iraq, from 1st January 2004 to 31st December 2009 (except for the months of May 2004 and March 2009) as told by soldiers in the United States Army. Each is a 'SIGACT' or Significant Action in the war. They detail events as seen and heard by the US military troops on the ground in Iraq and are the first real glimpse into the secret history of the war that the United States government has been privy to throughout.

http://wikileaks.org/

anyone else get this?

An access to such information has been temporarily ceased

due to the order of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES)

under the authority of emergency decree B.E 2548 (A.D. 2005).

And what does it have to do with the SOE??

Edited by monkfish

anyone else get this?

due to the order of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES)

Has nothing to do with the recent leaks about Iraq or Afghanistan.

At wikileaks is also a video of a small party with members of the royal family. That reason why the access blocked.

anyone else get this?

Has nothing to do with the recent leaks about Iraq or Afghanistan.

At wikileaks is also a video of a small party with members of the royal family. That reason why the access blocked.

But wasn't there a government official a few days ago who insisted that his staff was very competent in blocking content on the internet which was considered harmful to the communist stateKingdom of Thailand.

So I assume they could have blocked solely that page instead of the whole website.

Wikileaks is attempting to keep rule-of-law governments honest but in doing so has become a great ally to organizations without conscience.

By doing a small good they enable great destruction.

:thumbsup:

Strongly disagree.

War crimes have to be exposed.

Wikileaks is attempting to keep rule-of-law governments honest but in doing so has become a great ally to organizations without conscience.

Strongly disagree.

If it were so simple you would be right, but Wiki takes no effort to protect the innocent when they publish documents, this in itself is a war crime

Strongly disagree.

If it were so simple you would be right, but Wiki takes no effort to protect the innocent when they publish documents, this in itself is a war crime

What innocent you are talking about?

As I understand it, WL claims to have elided data which could expose individuals. If that is true or not I can't say, but I understand that the DoD have already reported that no US intelligence sources or practices were compromised by the posting of secret Afghan war logs earlier, and the last release of field reports does not bring new understanding to Iraq’s past, according to the Pentagon.

WL itself puzzles me, there's something not quite right about it, the openness claims are one thing, but then there's the fiscal questions. Is WL not for profit, as it states, or is it something else? It's most certainly not another Cryptome is it?

Regards

As I understand it, WL claims to have elided data which could expose individuals. If that is true or not I can't say, but I understand that the DoD have already reported that no US intelligence sources or practices were compromised by the posting of secret Afghan war logs earlier, and the last release of field reports does not bring new understanding to Iraq’s past, according to the Pentagon.

WL itself puzzles me, there's something not quite right about it, the openness claims are one thing, but then there's the fiscal questions. Is WL not for profit, as it states, or is it something else? It's most certainly not another Cryptome is it?

Regards

and your point is....?

Regards

and your point is....?

You have to think for yourself.