webfact

New international hospital under construction in Krabi

phuket-1-NXsIQbA.jpg

Work on the new international hospital in Krabi Town

is well underway.

phuket-4-xRJHSWP.jpg

A signboard showing what the facility will look like

upon completion.

PHUKET: -- A new private hospital under construction in Krabi Town has prompted talk among local residents of less reliance on medical facilities in Phuket.

The 120-bed facility, under construction by Krabi Nakharin Company, will be located on Pisalpop Road.

The management company has links with, but is independent from, the group that runs the 135-bed Nakharin Hospital in Nakhon Sri Thammarat.

Project construction began in mid-June by Nonthaburi-based project contractor ASA Karnchang Company Ltd.

Work is scheduled for completion in June, 2011.

Many Krabi residents currently travel to Phuket for advice on or treatment of major health problems. Many seek treatment at either Phuket International Hospital or Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

In a related development, the Bangkok Hospital Group is reported to have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to open a clinic at the site of the new Port Takola Marina in Ao Nang.

The developers hope the clinic will eventually grow into a small hospital to accommodate expected growth at the marina and other residential developments in the area.

The land plot selected is reportedly 10 rai, enough to accommodate such an expansion.

In other Krabi property news, a new four-story retail complex is under construction on Utarakit Road in Krabi Town.

A row of old shop-houses in the riverfront location were cleared to make way for the development which will be called City Plaza.

Many local residents had speculated that the construction would be a retail project by the Central Group, which is widely rumored to be interested in opening a retail complex in Krabi.

- Group report by Gus Reynolds, Lesley Chittayanon, Sitthipong Nongkaew and Stephen Fein.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-10-27

Can someone please give me an idea where the new Takola Marina Ao Nang is located? Wannabe comedians need not reply with "Ao Nang". Just a description of the nearest big resort, or some kind of marker.

Also, the City Plaza Krabi Town, is that going in on the riverfront by all the seafood restaurants?

Thanks, GOM

• 3 months later...

i live next to the construction site, but tell the truth, gotta be very long way to go cuz, been around for last 6months and nothing really progressing noticeably about the site. very few workers wondering around during day times and its about it. maybe it will take 2more years to complete?? seriously, all the constructions in Thailand are same, lazy asses.

Any updates on the hospital in Krabi or the clinic in Ao Nang?

Can't say I noticed anything last few times we were on the mainland... everyone here still goes to phuket or bangers

i live next to the construction site, but tell the truth, gotta be very long way to go cuz, been around for last 6months and nothing really progressing noticeably about the site. very few workers wondering around during day times and its about it. maybe it will take 2more years to complete?? seriously, all the constructions in Thailand are same, lazy asses.

hellracer I'm going to politely disagree, I've seen construction that was weeks away go up in days with round the clock Burmese working away.

grumpyoldman, no problem sir. but seriously, i doubt its gonna finish soon. numbers of worker with that size of project does not seems they are intending to rush things.

hellracer I'm going to politely disagree, I've seen construction that was weeks away go up in days with round the clock Burmese working away.

• 1 month later...

Can someone please give me an idea where the new Takola Marina Ao Nang is located? Wannabe comedians need not reply with "Ao Nang". Just a description of the nearest big resort, or some kind of marker.

Also, the City Plaza Krabi Town, is that going in on the riverfront by all the seafood restaurants?

Thanks, GOM

The Port Takola Marina is located in Ban Laempho, not far from the Susan Hoi--Fossil Shell Beach--it won't be operational until 2013

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, GOM

The Port Takola Marina will be located in Baan Laempho--on the way to Fossil Shell Beach

• 2 weeks later...

Bangkok Hospital has signed an MOU--Memorandum of Understanding to purchase 10 rai of the property at Port Takola.

Bangkok International Hospital bought the land nearby the marina apparently, so soon 2 better alternatives than Phuket!