Cha Am Fishing Park

zoso

Nice fish! Nce picture! Looks like your Bungsamran guide went for a swim.Robblok I agree with you as although Bungsamran have many big mekongs it's not a walk in the park to land one. The norm for me is to fish 2 days in a row at the same bungalow to built up a "sweet spot" to target mekongs. There is no big secret or technique to land one. It's a matter of correct bait-lam+buttermilk+pondwater- and built up a huge deposit of bait in a concentrated area. The technique comes into play when you have hooked a big mekong. I always use the same guide when I fish for mekongs at Bungsamran not so much as I need one as my friends are with me. But more for the fun and chit chat and I enjoy his company. I do everything myself with every aspect of the fishing except to net it. In fact I always pass one rod to Wee to fish. He is more to being a friend.

I respect every angler of where he wish to fish or his favourite pond but we must be objective and analytical based on statistic. Many ponds in Thailand have big mekongs but not in term of such size and quantity as Bungsaman. Cha Am is a nice place and I intent to visit it for a couple of days wth my friend but it's only I want to fish at the other pond for arapamai. Frankly I will not make a trip to fish for the mekongs. And I plan to visit Shadow Lake too. Where one wish to fish is their perogative?

To paraphrase a line from the movie The Social Network, do you want to catch 14 trouts or 1 big marlin? In my opinion there is no corect answer as it's a matter of self preference,

Edited by zoso

Where one wish to fish is their perogative?

To paraphrase a line from the movie The Social Network, do you want to catch 14 trouts or 1 big marlin? In my opinion there is no corect answer as it's a matter of self preference,

Your totally right there, that is why i said who am I to tell someone else what to like. And yes it was a big fish and We took a swim for it to untangle the line the fish would be lost without it.

I loved talking with We I learn things from him we offered him to fish too but he refused saying he only liked to fish for pla chon near his home town and even when his friends came over he would not fish with them just do the casting for them. I like the guy a lot he is real like able.

Do you fish with a float ? And if you ever want to fish Ngau Nam let me know. But be prepared that it is a hard lake some days are easier then others. I liked it that my dad landed a carp yesterday. But you have plenty of time to chat (i cast out on the massage bread every 20-25 min and the bread around every 15 - 20 min)

Wee must have jumped into the pond on many occasions but when I caught this 101kg mekong-weighted not estimate- I fished in bungalow 30(directly opposite 29)it have many poles and Wee must jumped in the pond 6 to 7 times. Not the biggest but memorable as the fish went under the bungalow many times.

When I fished at Bungsamran it was like a circus with my friends and my gf's relation. Everyone took picture except me.

Robblok you mentioned the mekongs are sickat Shadow Lake. Do they look emacipated? Big but with huge eyes and have the sunken look?

The man with the caho is Boonsong the number 1 guide and very popular with carp anglers from round the world. My biggest weigh in at 51kg and this is what I really want to fish for.

post-110955-0-95517000-1291719957_thumb.

post-110955-0-64347700-1291719979_thumb.

post-110955-0-97266700-1291720007_thumb.

Do you fish with a float ? And if you ever want to fish Ngau Nam let me know. But be prepared that it is a hard lake some days are easier then others. I liked it that my dad landed a carp yesterday. But you have plenty of time to chat (i cast out on the massage bread every 20-25 min and the bread around every 15 - 20 min)

Yes I use float for mekongs at Bungsamran. But no float when I fish for siamese carps. Just spoke with my friend Steve who at this moment is at Bungsamran not for fishing but to chit chat with Boonsong. He will be fishing for caho this thursday. He was fishing in Pattaya last couple of days. Unfortunately I have to be in Singapore but will be in Bangkok on the 15th December and we will fish at ShadowLake.

Yes I use float for mekongs at Bungsamran. But no float when I fish for siamese carps. Just spoke with my friend Steve who at this moment is at Bungsamran not for fishing but to chit chat with Boonsong. He will be fishing for caho this thursday. He was fishing in Pattaya last couple of days. Unfortunately I have to be in Singapore but will be in Bangkok on the 15th December and we will fish at ShadowLake.

I will put 15 december in my callendar. I promise i will be there. We will meet up there just ask after Rob and they know where i am. I am usually to the left just before the toilets. I go there because i need some room to cast with my 12 feet carp rod. I also have a special catfish rod that is either 9 or 11 ft. Both are great for Ngau Nam but not so great for Bungsamran. For there i got other rods.

But i must say that carp rod is great for fishing saway it has a nice action and casts real far.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday Steve, Dave and I drove drove from Bangkok to Cha Am Fishing Park for a day fishing. We started off at 630am and reached at 845am.

We fished with 7 rods. 3 rods for cahos, 1 rod with dead bait and 3 rods to while away the time. Our targeted fish was caho. Although the temperature was 28C it was scorching hot. We brought our own Lam and also the park's bait. We caught 50 odd fishes mekongs,sawai, red tail catfish and ONE caho. The 3 rods baited for for cahos had 3 bites the whole day. The size of the fishes were not significant. The mosquitoes were out in full force in the evening and we stopped at 830pm and went back to Bangkok.

The predator pond cost 3000baht for a whole day fishing. The largest arapamai is 100kg, some decent size RTC.

Tomorrow we will be at Bungsamran as it's Dave turn to target cahos.

post-110955-0-39300600-1293078777_thumb.

post-110955-0-01718800-1293078798_thumb.

post-110955-0-74982500-1293078855_thumb.

post-110955-0-80128900-1293078874_thumb.

post-110955-0-98001200-1293078890_thumb.

post-110955-0-83911900-1293078906_thumb.