Diabetic Blood Test Meter

mogoso

Mommas let her diabetes get outta control.

What are the best and easiest meters to use ?

Where can they be purchased and at what price?

Shes totally ignorant of computer usage, so just need it to give her a number.

Also are the disc operated ones better than strips?

What are the least invasive?

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions

Get an AcuChek from any Boots of Watsons. Simple to use. Push a strip into the machine. Click the button to prick your finger and draw the blood. Dip the end of the strip into the blood and the meter shows the Blood Glucose level. Just like that. There are other meters available but the replacement strips for the AcuChek are the easiest to find (in my experience).

Accucheck adventage or performa are good and easy to used.

The cost is about 2300-2500 B with free 10 strips.

Wow that's expensive.. CM price ? or Boots price ?

Mine from the UK went wrong + could not but the strips here, so bought a new Accucheck adventage 2 months ago from my local Thai Chemist 1,960 baht.. there is also a cheaper one 'Dr ?' forget the name but was 1,720 baht.

i have an accu-check avia that i purchased in the usa.....i have used it for several years with no problems

the biggest cost is the test strips.

i buy mine on ebay in usa and have them shipped to my brother who then mails them to me...

cheaper than i have found here in chiang mai...

contact me if you have any questions

'mogoso' if she goes to the Hospital and ask for a blood/glucose test, if it is very high they will give her an injection.. Is she type 2 or type 1 ?

She has been going a lot including several hospitalizations and they spoke of diet and I think finally she gets it, and has quit eating rice and noodles. She kept saying how can I live without eating rice, the eating of rice was en"grained" in her. My wife kept telling her you cannot live if you eat rice. But even with diet its going to be a tough row to hoe for us to deal with this long distance. We were supposed to be in Thailand permanently at this point but it'll be 7 months before we get there now.

I want to thank all who replied

'mogoso' if she goes to the Hospital and ask for a blood/glucose test, if it is very high they will give her an injection.. Is she type 2 or type 1 ?

She has been going a lot including several hospitalizations and they spoke of diet and I think finally she gets it, and has quit eating rice and noodles. She kept saying how can I live without eating rice, the eating of rice was en"grained" in her. My wife kept telling her you cannot live if you eat rice. But even with diet its going to be a tough row to hoe for us to deal with this long distance. We were supposed to be in Thailand permanently at this point but it'll be 7 months before we get there now.

She can eat rice and noodles with no problem, but she needs to eat less than normal. Diabetes to me means I need to balance my food, not eliminate anything.

PM me for any details. I have been a diabetic for 10 years and have done okay :)

Edited by LJW

She can eat rice and noodles with no problem, but she needs to eat less than normal. Diabetes to me means I need to balance my food, not eliminate anything.

PM me for any details. I have been a diabetic for 10 years and have done okay :)

Very well said there, I do not think any health care professionals suugest their diabetic patient to stop eating anything but obviously sugar.

She needs to cut downs lots of rice, noodle, starch,sweet fruit with high glycemic index. Add more vegetable and whole grain meals on her diet.

It does not mean she can not eat those but as less as possible.

Take supplement such as B1-6-12 to help prevent diabetic neuritis( Numbness on legs and arms from high blood sugar damage the small nerves).

For the glucose meter by the way you can find a reasonble price at almost every single chemists.

Very well said there, I do not think any health care professionals suugest their diabetic patient to stop eating anything but obviously sugar.

She needs to cut downs lots of rice, noodle, starch,sweet fruit with high glycemic index. Add more vegetable and whole grain meals on her diet.

It does not mean she can not eat those but as less as possible.

Take supplement such as B1-6-12 to help prevent diabetic neuritis( Numbness on legs and arms from high blood sugar damage the small nerves).

For the glucose meter by the way you can find a reasonble price at almost every single chemists.