Model and actress Tyra Banks gets protection against stalker

News_Editor

Model and actress Tyra Banks gets protection against stalker

2010-10-29 04:12:02 GMT+7 (ICT)

LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) -- Model and actress Tyra Banks on Thursday announced that she got a restraining order against a stalker that has allegedly been targeting her and her family, TMZ reported.

Banks was granted a permanent restraining order against a mentally unstable celebrity stalker that has targeted her since 2006. The order was issued by an L.A. County Superior Court judge.

The restraining order demands 39-year-old Marten Williams Jr. to stay at least 100 yards (91 meters) from the America's Next Top Model hostess.

The model and actress previously said that she believed that Williams posed a threat to her safety. Just last month, Williams was arrested for trespassing at the residence of Banks. She added that Williams claims to have killed George Bush Jr. and that Michael Jackson is alive and living in Long Beach.

"I am in fear from Mr. Williams for my personal safety, and that of those around me, including my family and employees," the actress said in a statement.

This claim strengthens Banks' allegations that Williams has a history of mental illness. The celebrity stalker has reportedly left several items on Banks' property in the past such as his prescription medication, L.A. County jail wristbands and note indicating a wedding ceremony set for 1/08/11, the day he believes he will marry her.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-10-29