Sathorn Saint View Apartment

Hi guys,

Came across this serviced apartment advertised on Mr Room Finder. 6000 Baht per month with Air Con, Cable, Pool, Gym, Convenience Store, Restaurant, Direct Phone line and 24 hour security. I have a place with all the same facilities in this area but with no restaurant and rent is almost double the price. Is there a catch with Sathorn Saint View or is this just a bargain? Any idea how big the rooms are or how old the building is? My studio is 34sqm and a couple of years old. The advertisement also says that they're are bigger apartments availalbe there. anyone got any idea how much 1, 2 or 3 bedroom apartments rent for in this bulding?

Any help and knowledge would be appreciated :o

Not sure if im too late for you on this one. I stayed there for a while a couple of years ago.

The studio rooms at 6000 baht are about 24/5 Sq. metres. The one bedrooms are 12,000 THB/month. The building is getting pretty old now, but its still not a bad place to stay. Its quite a trek to Sathorn though.

The swimming pool is tiny and on the roof. ITs like swimming around in a tin of lukewarm soup, but its better than nothing. The gym you wouldnt use when you saw it. The restaurant serves pretty good food, if you ever get it. The staff are the thing that lets this place down. Sultry, moody and unhelpful most f the time. That direct phone line cuts you off ever 15 minutes too if you want to connect to the net, plus they charge you for calling the freecall internet access number. If i remember correctly, the electricity was very expensive too, but the water about normal.

Hope this helps.

:D it is now 75oo 4 a studio the staff is no good the rooms smel ola and is old and the half is brok in the room and you are lucke to get your food if you order but the wost was the owner so ind the end off the md i got a bill on 4000 baht 4 water becours it was brok to like the rest in the room so after a littel talk whit the boss he say 1500 baht tack it or tack your stof and go ass when the rest off the rooms only pay aruond 300 or 400 baht so i was off bad and no good to leve :o:D:D

The staff can be very helpful or not it, depends on which one you get and what your attitude is towards them.

There are two guys on the desk, one is a real moody <deleted> whose english isnt very good and isnt very helpful. The other one is cheerful at all times and does try and help when he can. The girls are generally quite pleasent and helpful too.

The gym has in the last 6 months had new equipment installed and although Man Utd probably have a bigger bath in their changing room the swimming pool is still great for after work cool downs. The biggest problem is getting the germans not to use all the deckloungers as towel racks or footstools :o

From the building it is a 10 minute walk to surasak bts and 8 minutes to sathorn - not quite the huge trek evo says. 10b moto

Electricity is 5b a unit and water is now 17b a unit. Phone calls are min 5b a time - unless you get your own line in. Rooms go for 8-13k listed ( I think ) but it is negotiable.

Included in the room price is a free limited ubc, sports ( ESPN), 3 movie (HBO, Star, Cinemax), 1 news (BBC), 1 music (MTV asia) and 4 general channels ( ABC Aus Pacific, TV5, NHK & DW )

The food in the resturant downstairs is quite nice but slightly overpriced for thai food. 90B for chicken cashew nuts. The small shop is open from something like 7am to 10pm and you can ALWAYs buy beer there. The restaurant also has a full ubc tv.

Like any thais they react badly to shouting. Just last week when ubc had a problem there was one guy shouting and demanding a refund from his room because some channels had disappeared for a few hours. They just smiled and said nothing. I asked after he had gone what was wrong and they gave me the full story. They didnt do it for that guy because of his attitude.

Any problems I have had with bills have been settled to my satisfaction - i had a leaky cistern and after looking at a previous bill they dropped the 400B showing from the meter down to 60B.

But, is it perfect? Nah. Food ordered to the rooms can take an hour or 5 minutes, wrong orders etc. the rooms in the old block ( generally the smaller cheaper ones ) are in need of a refurb. they are looking tired. some rooms have no view whatsoever and very little fresh air because of small windows. the electricity and phone lines are really desperately in need of a refurb.

Given a choice, try for a large studio in the new block ( 8 years old or so, much nicer and far bigger windows and fresh air ( well, as fresh as bangkook air gets anyway :D )

For the sathorn area its not a bad deal overall.

Hi everyone.

It's not often for prices of apartments in Bangkok to increase by much, especially in the low to mid price ranges. In fact I know people who have been paying the same rent for years and years. However, sometimes they do and that's understandable as the world around us gets more expensive.

The prices Roomfinder got from Sathorn Saint View were as recent as May, so when I saw the increase I decided to call for an update. I’ve just got off the phone with them and this is what they gave me:

Studio 24 SQM now 7,000

Studio 36 SQM 10,000

And the 1 bed is 44 SQM and goes for 12,000

I've also updated Roomfinder with the changes.

Bluebear, if you stay there and have a couple of pics of the place, could you send them to the Mr. Roomfinder and I'll add them to their details sheet for the members to view..

Thanks in advance.

BTW, the guy on reception spoke pretty good English and was helpful and unhurried. I must have got be the second bloke on Bluebear's post lol.

Cheers

Aitch

• 8 months later...

This price is stand for 5 years. We have never charge rental at 7500 baht. In my life, I have never seen the water bill at 4000 baht. This is update information for SathornSaintView.

Sathorn Saint View is a serviced apartment where is located near Sathorn Road in a center of bangkok which is easily to take Sky Train.

We provide four kinds of room.

- The studio room rate is 7000 baht per month with 24 sqm. including bahtroom.

- The Superior room rate is 10000 baht per month with 34 sqm. including bathroom and a living room.

- The executive room rate is 11,000 baht per month with 44 sqm. including bathroom and a living room.

- The last one is Deluxe room with 44 sqm. which rate is 12000 baht per month. This room including a bathroom and a living room.

***Every rooms have air condition, refrigerator, Hot water, TV and legal Cable TV (HBO, Star Movie, Cinemax, UBC Serier, Discovery, BBC World, TV5, DW, CCTV4, CCTV9, MTV, Vhr, ESPN, ABC Pacific, NHK).

However, this room rate does not include a utility expense. Water usage would be charged at 17 baht per unit and 5 baht per unit for electricity. I am afraid to say that we don't allow our guests to cook inside the room for their safety. But we allow to use microwave in the room. And there is a restaurant downstair which can serve food at your room. Furthermore, we have laundry, minimart, pool table, swimming pool and fitness. In addition, we provide twice cleaning a week and towel. Moreover, we have security camera and reception 24 hours/7 day a week. Beside, new project that we just service, is ADSL High Speed internet in the your room with just only 750 baht per month, unlimited 24 hours and download.

• 4 weeks later...
Any problems I have had with bills have been settled to my satisfaction - i had a leaky cistern and after looking at a previous bill they dropped the 400B showing from the meter down to 60B.

I'd read about the abnormal discount here - which could mean a long term bills cheating on consumers. I may consider if there's more clarity if I can pay my own bills at 7-11 outlets like many other folks who reside in Bangkok.

I'm not sure - but this email can come across helpful to folks like me who're really interested in getting a room here. It's no secret that we can pay our electricity & water bills at 7-11 outlets - No?

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 2:50 PM

Subject: Re: Hello - questions

Hi,

We have new offers. If you stay for a year, you will get 25 laundry free every month for a year. No discount and no other offers. Apartment in Thailand is not like apartment in Europe. You can not pay at 7-11 outlets. You pay the bill as you use. Many people use more, but want to pay less. See you on 15 May.

Thank you.

Smith S.

Noy9000 <> wrote:

Hello person in charge,

I'm interested in getting a room here for long term stay - is the room rates negotiatable if I'll stay for 1 year? -- The room rate does not include utility expenses, but I'd noted in the Thaivisa that many residents have problem with water & electricity bill... can I pay them myself at 7-11 outlets?

Interested stay-in date: 22nd May onwards.. I'll visit the building maybe on the 15th May.

Thanks,

Noy9000

Edited by noy9000

Explaination followup by them is acceptable - that they're an apartment so they provide electricity meter for every room. Is there any one with experience with odd electricity bills? I've a problem in Thailand trying to bargain.. :o|||

Also bear in mind the terrible location.

Sathorn sounds nice but it's a good ? ten-minute hike down narrow winding lanes. No taxis pass by as the lane can only accommodate one vehicle at a time. (pedestrians have to duck down a side lane if a car comes along.)

To make things worse, they're ripping up the lane to lay new water pipes right now. Dust and drills and blocked paths.

And if they don't finish by the rainy season, the whole area will be a bog.

Thanks minotaur,

Is there any other good condos around this area? Because of work - I'm thinking of staying around BTS Sala daeng area. I find that Sathorn Saint View is of good value - because there's additional room service (which i can easily pay thb 150 to someone else to clean it for me) also because the 1 living room + 1 bed room is from thb10,000 - thb12,000.

I stayed in here several years ago. I hear it has not changed much. You can find much better elsewhere.

Personally, I do not like the apartments that do not offer pay your own electric and water bills. They pad up the unit charge by anything from 2 to 5 baht. It is just a way to scam some more cash out of you while trying tomake the monthly rental amount look cheap.

Also, re the traffic, yes one way, no taxis, do have motobikes, but with the school at the end of the soi and others on Sathorn, traffic in mornings and afternoons are shocking.

Personally, I do not like the apartments that do not offer pay your own electric and water bills. They pad up the unit charge by anything from 2 to 5 baht. It is just a way to scam some more cash out of you while trying tomake the monthly rental amount look cheap

That's my conclusion too - but they change bedsheets twice a week; which is a good point, I'm thinking of Suriwongse Condo.. they charge me 11,000THB for a big room with furniture, not exactly with a living room.

• 2 months later...

Hi Noy9000 or bernett,

You ask me to answer your question. I do not want to fight with you. I answer and help you as much as I can. I would like to apologize, If I use the strong word. My mind is service and helpful. Nothing at all.

I travel in Europe and study in Australia for 3 years. The system is different. In Australia and Europe, apartment is for least. You sign contract with a agency. Sometime, I had ever seen the landlord. They have good management such as bill. You pay at bank or 7-11. No reception, no service, just a room. You sign contract with a agency. The electricity bill and water bill is depend on the company. You choose the electricity company. THen you call to connect the power. water is same as. You do everything by yourself. The contract of electricity and water is belonging to you, not the landlord.

I would like to remind all the member espcially who rent a house, a condo or a room. Many of them is not right. They should register with commercial department. Why should they do? They do not want to pay tax. No regist No businees and it should not be for rent. If they use agency, make sure that you can trust them. Check your bill that you get when you pay deposit and rent. Is it

There are some problem. May be you can leave from house without notice. Or you need to pay compensation when you check out. For sure, Sign contract. Contract must be only Thai. This is the law. No contract. Everything of yours in the house will belong to landlord. If you have problem with them, the law will not cover you. This problem is also happened to Thais.

It is different for most of apartment in bangkok. You know many staff. You have neighbor. This is enought. You have witness.

Everything is up to you. You choose.

Sincerely,

Smith S.

• 3 years later...
Also bear in mind the terrible location.

Sathorn sounds nice but it's a good ? ten-minute hike down narrow winding lanes. No taxis pass by as the lane can only accommodate one vehicle at a time. (pedestrians have to duck down a side lane if a car comes along.)

To make things worse, they're ripping up the lane to lay new water pipes right now. Dust and drills and blocked paths.

And if they don't finish by the rainy season, the whole area will be a bog.

OMG........Can you imagine a City with over 12,000,000 people and traffic etc and they are trying to improve the road situation......wow how terrible dude.

I am living here now in Saint View and just moved in on October 10th.

Why would you need a taxi passing by when Sathorn is ony a 7 minute walk. I wouldnt call that a HIKE!

And narrow winding lanes in Thailand (OMG How terrible) hahahahah This is Thailand mate. If you want perfect 4 lane roads etc maybe stay in your country? If you want to fall out of your bed onto a BTS station you will pay above 40,000 baht per mo.

I havn't seen ANY Ripping up of roads and havn't seen and Drills dust or blocked paths out of the norm for Thailand.. Half of Thailand sucks in the rainy season but som nam na.

I found the room to be ok for 7000 baht and the staff was ok with me. Actually when I ordered room service It came faster then I expected. I have never lived in a place anywhere where you pay your own electric bills at 7-11 that have room service etc.

This is a serviced apartment and I feel for 7000 baht per month in this location that is a deal. Any other apt within 10 minutes from a BTS in Bkk will run you at minimum 15,000 baht

I was a little turned off when I was here inquiring about the romm and I spoke to the owner (or big boss) on the phone and asked about the Internet service. I simply said that 1g was pretty slow and was there any way of upgrading etc. His response was " WE HAVE WHAT WE HAVE" which I thought was un-called for.

I will try to send some pics to mr room finder soon but they have a website with most everything you need at;

http://sathornsaintview.com/

As for the OP, just come in and ask them to show you some rooms mate. I havnt got any water or electric bills yet so lets just see if my post is as positive when I do. lol I have lived in Thailand for almost 9 years now ans was forced to rent an apt here near a BTS for reasons un-spoke but so far I think its great.

PS; The rooftop gym, pool, seating etc to me is a million dollar view and the gym equip seems fine. Resteraunt was correct when the poster said little expensive on the Thai food end.

• 1 month later...

Update sathornsaintview information

Sathorn Saint View is a serviced apartment where is located near Sathorn Road in a center of bangkok which is easily to take Sky Train.

We provide five kinds of room.

Room Type Daily (THB/day) Weekly (THB/week) Monthly (THB/mo.) 6 Month (THB/mo.) Yearly (THB/mo.)

Studio (24 Sqm.) 600 4,000 6,000 6,000 5,700

Studio (24 Sqm.) 600 4,000 7,000 6,700 6,500

Studio (36 Sqm.) 800 5,400 9,000 8,700 8,500

1 br (44 Sqm.) 900 6,000 12,000 11,500 11,000

1 br (46 Sqm.) 1,000 6,400 12,000 11,500 11,000

6 Month Contract and 1 year contract must pay deposit for two months.

***Every rooms have air condition, refrigerator, Hot water, TV and Cable TV (DW, BBC, HBO, Cinemax, StarMovie, ESPN, AXN, Discovery, Australian Network, NHK, Fashin Channel, TV5, STC).

*** Twice cleaning a week for free. This is including washing bed set and towel.

This room rate does not include a utility expense. Water usage would be charged at 18 baht per unit (Minimum 2 unit charge per month) and 6 baht per unit for electricity. I am afraid to say that we don't allow our guests to cook inside the room for their safety. And there is a restaurant downstair which can serve food at your room. Furthermore, we have DVD rental, laundry, minimart, pool table, swimming pool and fitness. In addition, we provide twice cleaning a week and towel. Moreover, we have security camera and reception 24 hours/7 day a week. Beside, new project that we just service, is ADSL High Speed internet in the your room with just only 750 baht per month, unlimited 24 hours and download.

PS: One month deposit and One month advance. To get the refund of deposit, please give a notice about 15 days before check out. No refund for advance payment.

Notice: The available room and all information are changed all the time. Please reconfirm asap. And all information can be changed without notice.

• 2 months later...

Free 3 Mybyte unlimited internet every months for 6 month contract and 1 year contract.

New Promotion

Room Types 1-6 Month 6 Month + Contract 1 year + Contract

Grand Executive room 46 sqm at Ground Floor 10000 10000+ free Internet every month 9700 + Free internet every month

Grand Executive room 46 sqm at Second Floor 11000 11000 + Free internet every month 10700 + Free internet every month

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I reckon u get wht u pay for. The place was in an ideal location for me to travel to work by catching the skytrain where the rent was not expensive like others. I stayed in the new building and the room was quite alright. Depends on how big ur pocket is, I would say go for the bigger room for the longer stay. There might be probs communicating w the staffs but Eng isn't their mother tongue!! and it could be like that everywhere u go. Still the staffs were friendly and very helpful!! My favorite was the rooftop area where I relaxed after work. For the bills, I don't think it's common to pay ur bills at 7 eleven when u live in the apartments over there. They charged the standard utility rates compare to other places where I could be charged even more.

Bring along your positive attitude and patience whenever you travel to other countries!!

Hope this help guys.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure, money shouldn't be left unattended in the room, but where can you feel safe, if not there. Anyway, the management should have called the police, questioned the staff etc. to take some kind of responsibility. However, I never have had problems with thievery there.

Generally, it is a value for money place. Yes, the rooms and facilities could be renovated, but they are still okay.

Almost all staff is very friendly, almost. Only the manager (owner?) and one female receptionist could improve their hospitality attitude (a lot) to make it a really pleasant place to stay.

A couple of years ago, the place was packed with Germans. I heard they moved to better places, does anyone know, where did they go?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply since we've rarely launch to this website.

First of all, nobody want this happen. We do not know much in the residences' rooms, who and why and how they keep valuable thing in the rooms.

We are pleased to inform the truth which this residence have already known that after this residence told that they have lost money (that put in the socks in the wardrobe with amount of 200$ (at first told) / 2500$ (at second told)), the policeman came to the apartment to have an investigation. The police checked on our CCTV monitors (24 Cameras) and in residence's room with fingerprint! The policeman found no one go in to their room, some fingerprint in the money letter and every point in the wardrobe and in the room. Since this is very important evidence, so we send all of our maid staffs to have fingerprints at police station. At the first time, we send staffs to meet one policeman who responsible for it and miss that policeman. Then we arrange the meeting and send them all again. Finally, the policeman has all fingerprints and none of our maid staffs missed this investigation. Then during the police process on the steps of investigation, residence went to see him and came for talking to me for some complementaries many times. Since we haven't known the result of investigating yet, so we didn't give discount or other valuable things that the residence asked for, but promise that if it is true that our maid did that, the hotel will take responsibility for it. We also tried to help but can only give them safety box, make another door lock from outside when they leave the room and postpone the residence's payment due date to another month and let's the policeman do his job.

After few weeks, the police investigation has been done. And the result is that the fingerprint in the room WERE NOT MATCHED with the staffs'... We hope that they understand and so sorry for this lost that we don't know how and why.

Today this residence still stay here... and continue to stay here without moving out.

Edited by Salintip

• 1 month later...

Sorry for late reply since we've rarely launch to this website.

First of all, nobody want this happen. We do not know much in the residences' rooms, who and why and how they keep valuable thing in the rooms.

We are pleased to inform the truth which this residence have already known that after this residence told that they have lost money (that put in the socks in the wardrobe with amount of 200$ (at first told) / 2500$ (at second told)), the policeman came to the apartment to have an investigation. The police checked on our CCTV monitors (24 Cameras) and in residence's room with fingerprint! The policeman found no one go in to their room, some fingerprint in the money letter and every point in the wardrobe and in the room. Since this is very important evidence, so we send all of our maid staffs to have fingerprints at police station. At the first time, we send staffs to meet one policeman who responsible for it and miss that policeman. Then we arrange the meeting and send them all again. Finally, the policeman has all fingerprints and none of our maid staffs missed this investigation. Then during the police process on the steps of investigation, residence went to see him and came for talking to me for some complementaries many times. Since we haven't known the result of investigating yet, so we didn't give discount or other valuable things that the residence asked for, but promise that if it is true that our maid did that, the hotel will take responsibility for it. We also tried to help but can only give them safety box, make another door lock from outside when they leave the room and postpone the residence's payment due date to another month and let's the policeman do his job.

After few weeks, the police investigation has been done. And the result is that the fingerprint in the room WERE NOT MATCHED with the staffs'... We hope that they understand and so sorry for this lost that we don't know how and why.

Today this residence still stay here... and continue to stay here without moving out.

Amazing investigation results! The thief must have been a ghost...

And a fool and his money shall soon part...:whistling:

"...that they have lost money (that put in the socks in the wardrobe..."

Great sense of security inculcated by western education.

Edited by astral
No need to quote the entire post. Just pick out the relevant points, please - Astral