Social Club With Library?

bkkmei

Hi

hope you can help us...

we're looking for a social club which has some kind of library or quiet area to hang out in and do work e.g. writing.

Does anyone know if clubs like the Bangkok Club or British Club etc. have such facilities?

thanks for your help

p.s. hope I've posted to the right forum

Hi

hope you can help us...

we're looking for a social club which has some kind of library or quiet area to hang out in and do work e.g. writing.

Does anyone know if clubs like the Bangkok Club or British Club etc. have such facilities?

thanks for your help

p.s. hope I've posted to the right forum

You might like to try the Foreign Correspondants Club - they have a library of sorts with journalistic resources. Nice food as well as an interesting schedule of talks and events.

Maybe you mean the AUA Library....I think AUA stands for American University Association...but I'm not sure. They have a really nice big library in Bangkok with a reading room stocked with newspapers from around the world...I visited it once and was quite impressed but the friend who took me their was in a hurry so I didn't get a chance to check out the collection...but it was big. Can't remember where it was but it important enough to be shown on the maps of Bangkok that I have had. I recollect that it is pretty centrally located.

Maybe you mean the AUA Library....I think AUA stands for American University Association...but I'm not sure.  They have a really nice big library in Bangkok with a reading room stocked with newspapers from around the world...I visited it once and was quite impressed but the friend who took me their was in a hurry so I didn't get a chance to check out the collection...but it was big.  Can't remember where it was but it important enough to be shown on the maps of Bangkok that I have had.  I recollect that it is pretty centrally located.

The main AUA office is on Rajdamri Road... about a 5 minute walk from Chit Lom / Grand Hyatt Erawan.

Didn't realize that they had a library, and that it was open to the public. If the teachers amongst us or anyone else has onfo about this, I'd sure like to know!

• 2 weeks later...

Maruey Knowledge & Resouce Center is a good public library in SET(Security and Exchange of Thailand). Its website: www.maruey.com It may not be a club but you can surely enjoy reading and writing quietly there. They have free internet access and a small cafe bar also. It's right next to the Queen's Exhibition Center.