Business And Company Owners Please Help Me Out!

kuffki

Its probably a long shot, but i like to give it a go.

I am about to open a company in Thailand in Pattaya and was hoping to find good lawyers to use to open the company who do good job and are rather on the cheaper side of things in regards to setting up a company.

I also would need an accountant to do all the books.Ultimately would be good to find a firm where the accountant is "well connected" so are the lawyers

Anyhow, can any of you guys who already have company or run some business in Pattaya recommend someone you have used or using at the moment? If you want to be anonymous , thats no problem, can send me a pm and i will not use the source of information when i go to see them.

I have had the pleasure of using 3 firms in Pattaya for other matters, and to be honest, my dogs could of done better jobs for a bone as a payment, so was hoping to find "good" one to take the worry away from my shoulders.

1 thing though i find vital is lawyer must be able to speak good English. I only have this rule because in my opinion lawyer without English is as good as fish that can not swim. If he/she was not able to learn English while at uni, i doubt they managed to learn anything.

All the help is much appreciated in advance

Edited by kuffki

well connected with good english and a bit cheaper than the rest------------dream on

wait though that guy who does a column in i think patt people with a pic of self and a lady with office on thepprassit----------i think ok

Edited by neilf

well connected with good english and a bit cheaper than the rest------------dream on

wait though that guy who does a column in i think patt people with a pic of self and a lady with office on thepprassit----------i think ok

So.......... you have no idea at all!

Just to clarify your useless comments. Setting up the company is simple thing for any lawyer or law firm. The difference is, the law firm/lawyer with half a brain will not charge more money to set up the company as they would stay on doing all the work. Lawyer/Law firm with no brain or connections will charge more because they are not interested and know not capable of keeping customers, so they make as much as possible while they can.

This is the reason why there are so many firms in BKK who want 100 000 baht plus to set up a company even though they advertise 10 000-20 000 but once you make an appointment and show up there, by miracle charges add up to 150K, but just for one day they will do the discount for 120K, and while you there you see 2-3 customers abusing some lawyer or accountant for not lodging in documents on time, or doing something wrong.

and then there are other firms in Pattaya who will do it all for 30K and will do a mediocre job, but rest assured they will not pick up the phone on the weekend or get out of bed to deal with some problem.

Saying all that, there are firms who charge fair prices and do take care of the customers, it is just about finding which one does and which one does not.

This is the reason for the post to seek advice from the business owners who used or are using one now, it is not for the people to express their opinion what they think about the post and post that some guy they see in the paper with his photo and girls in their opinion is ok, because he writes for the paper and the girls look nice..

This is the reason why there are so many firms in BKK who want 100 000 baht plus to set up a company even though they advertise 10 000-20 000 but once you make an appointment and show up there, by miracle charges add up to 150K, but just for one day they will do the discount for 120K, and while you there you see 2-3 customers abusing some lawyer or accountant for not lodging in documents on time, or doing something wrong.

and then there are other firms in Pattaya who will do it all for 30K and will do a mediocre job, but rest assured they will not pick up the phone on the weekend or get out of bed to deal with some problem.

Uhm.....don't know whether I'm allowed to post this, but 2 years ago I inquired at Sunbelt about a company set up..........

They came with the following: THB 50,000 - THB 55,000 for a THB 2 mn company including work permit services (not included the government fees).

Sounded realistic.

Sounded realistic.

What it sounds like it's been often been described as a total disappointment after, from whom went into the purchasing stage, better to seek advise from the somtam lady down the road, at least is going to be cheaper and perhaps have a bit more self respect in not to avoiding taking any resposability in what she just say/cook for you...

Uhm.....don't know whether I'm allowed to post this, but 2 years ago I inquired at Sunbelt about a company set up..........

They came with the following: THB 50,000 - THB 55,000 for a THB 2 mn company including work permit services (not included the government fees).

Sounded realistic.

Have had a meeting with them and price with all the fees was close to 100K :rolleyes:

After 20 years in Thailand I can only give you one advise...Stay away from any kind of business. The chances you will regret it are much, much higher than the not! BB.

Thank you for your sounded advice. Perhaps when i make a new post to seek opinion on should i or should i not open a business, i will contact you and ask for your experience and opinions

PATTAYA BRANCH

Pensit and Laws (Pattaya) 2007 Co., Ltd.

279/13, Moo 12, Jomtien Beach Road, Nongprue, Banglamung,

Chonburi 20150, Thailand

Tel: (+66) (0)38-233391-2

Fax: (+66) (0)38-233393

Email: [email protected]

Khun Pearsit,

speaks perfect english and also does accounting. About 30k to set up company

Thanks for the info, have you used them yourself? do you get personal service or more of a "whatever" service?

PATTAYA BRANCH

Chonburi 20150, Thailand

Khun Pearsit,

Thanks for the info, have you used them yourself? do you get personal service or more of a "whatever" service?

Using them for past 6 years Khun Pearsit himself is the Boss and always deal drectly with him.

PATTAYA BRANCH

Chonburi 20150, Thailand

Khun Pearsit,

Happy u got a decent reply,what is it with this forum where there are so many farang idiots,who cant even answert a civil question,is it so beneath u to reply

PATTAYA BRANCH

Chonburi 20150, Thailand

Khun Pearsit,

Happy u got a decent reply,what is it with this forum where there are so many farang idiots,who cant even answert a civil question,is it so beneath u to reply

Thank you, i did not want to say but you have put it better then i could. On almost every thread , every 3rd poster claims to have great business in Thailand and so on and on yet when asking for decent lawyer or accountant can only get 1 or 2 decent reply.

PS. Thank you Seanog

Edited by kuffki

PATTAYA BRANCH

Chonburi 20150, Thailand

Khun Pearsit,

Thank you, i did not want to say but you have put it better then i could. On almost every thread , every 3rd poster claims to have great business in Thailand and so on and on yet when asking for decent lawyer or accountant can only get 1 or 2 decent reply.

PS. Thank you Somtampet

Good luck for the future and keep in touch as i live in Pattaya too.

when asking for decent lawyer or accountant can only get 1 or 2 decent reply.

and i wonder why? :lol: can you also please tell us which one was advertising for a price but asking much more as you stated, so i can avoid it straight away in case i need any of their services? knowing the "bad apples" is as usefull as knowing which ones are the good ones! and thanks for sharing in advance :jap:

and i wonder why? :lol: can you also please tell us which one was advertising for a price but asking much more as you stated, so i can avoid it straight away in case i need any of their services? knowing the "bad apples" is as usefull as knowing which ones are the good ones! and thanks for sharing in advance :jap:

I can not also few others ones(big firms with offices all over Thailand) that always advertise on here and other forums.You can always PM me and i can tell you the ones i already seen, but pretty much all BKK based firms end up with almost double the amount of what they advertise,they explain this as being due to gov fees etc etc etc, yet in Pattaya i know for a fact they can do for around 30 000 baht(all in)

But speaking about bad apples, i have used xxx for 3 different matters, they managed to lose 3 different cases which were impossible to lose. One case they took on and advised on without even reading all the papers properly.(but officially stated they read and can win)

Another i do not recall the name, they located on Naklua rd just by the Dolphin roundabout. I told them my case over the phone, they confirmed they can deal with it, made an appointment, they then advised me they not sure but still charged 500 baht.

So why do you think can only get 1-2 decent reply's???

Edited by Rimmer
Company names removed

because there are only a few professionals providing a decent and honest service? more decent establishments = more chances to get more decent replies

because there are only a few professionals providing a decent and honest service? more decent establishments = more chances to get more decent replies

thats true, but with all the savy business owners on this forum, they surely using someone. So while they can not say theirs is the best, i am sure little more then 2 people can pass on the info.<_<

So perhaps all the "i been here for years and speak fluent Thai, and run very successful business" members are full of (you know what)

After 20 years in Thailand I can only give you one advise...Stay away from any kind of business. The chances you will regret it are much, much higher than the not! BB.

Thank you for your sounded advice. Perhaps when i make a new post to seek opinion on should i or should i not open a business, i will contact you and ask for your experience and opinions

:lol:

PATTAYA BRANCH

Chonburi 20150, Thailand

Khun Pearsit,

Yes, but not for a company set-up.

They assisted me in getting my non-immigrant B visa by sending me the proper documents.

I was in Germany at the time and everything was arranged by email and snail-mail without ever meeting each other.

After my arrival in Thailand I went to their office, paid the bill of THB 2,000 and everybody was happy.

They do business based on trust (a bit in a Western way) and my experience was a great one.

Just visit them and give them a try.

I think your statement answers your own question.

GOOD ones are very, very hard to find. Think needle in a hay stack.

I've used Khun Pearsit in the past and recommend him as well. You are probably going to pay more than what you want to pay for a competent attorney. If you are looking to pay less, you will get what you pay for.

I think your statement answers your own question.

GOOD ones are very, very hard to find. Think needle in a hay stack.

I've used Khun Pearsit in the past and recommend him as well. You are probably going to pay more than what you want to pay for a competent attorney. If you are looking to pay less, you will get what you pay for.

I think reading the entire post is always a wise idea.

To start with let me re-post again and this time i will underline the point

" was hoping to find good lawyers to use to open the company who do good job and are rather on the cheaper side of things in regards to setting up a company."-That means a company who charge cheaper then others WHEN IT COMES to registering the company, not in regards to other work.

The matter in question is not how many good lawyers are out there, the matter in question is that with a simple post of asking all the business owners who they use and can recommend, can only get 1-2 decent reply's which actually address the post, while all other ones are a waste of time, because their responses not only sound moronic but do not address the OP at all.

With all the responses till now, there is only 1 person who provided a name and contact for a company he uses, while other 60 000 business owners either too busy or too good to give any advice.

Of course there was one, who felt the need to express his opinion on the matter of having business in Thailand, which he was not asked for. But if after 20 years here he has an opinion which he does, then clearly this person is short of something.

Anyhow, thank you to all those who have provided useful information and their experience with the firm mentioned.

Edited by kuffki

I personally know a handful of successful farang business people. For the most part, they are "men of the first hour". They invested, when Pattaya was a fishing village. Those same people will tell you today: Forget it ! If you want to live a worry-free life in Thailand, the money must come from your (Farang) home country. Pension, Savings, or Income from existing business in Farang-Country !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting a business in general: If one hasen't managed to build-up a successful business in Farang-Country, why in Thailand? It is in every respect much harder here. (legal situation, language, the way things work (or not work) in Thailand.)

- It may be true, that the initial capital requirements to start a business in Thailand are lower than in Farang Country. (Selling roasted peanuts out of a 3-wheeler will probably cost less than 5000 BHT start-up cost). HaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaa! Cheers.

Try Magna Carta on Pattaya Tai opp. CAT

Better than most I have dealt with by far

Cheers, is that the name of the company? or???

Yes its Magnacarta Co.Ltd. just Google "Magnacarta Pattaya" and you'll get their web site.

I've used them before, but not for company/business stuff, they did an okay job for what was needed. At the time my Thai partner asked for a discount to which they agreed.

Its a shame there wasn't more responses regarding your request. I'm also interested in this topic as I've been toying with the idea of starting something. Really disappointing to see, however its maybe just this particular topic, who knows.

I personally know a handful of successful farang business people. For the most part, they are "men of the first hour". They invested, when Pattaya was a fishing village. Those same people will tell you today: Forget it ! If you want to live a worry-free life in Thailand, the money must come from your (Farang) home country. Pension, Savings, or Income from existing business in Farang-Country !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting a business in general: If one hasen't managed to build-up a successful business in Farang-Country, why in Thailand? It is in every respect much harder here. (legal situation, language, the way things work (or not work) in Thailand.)

- It may be true, that the initial capital requirements to start a business in Thailand are lower than in Farang Country. (Selling roasted peanuts out of a 3-wheeler will probably cost less than 5000 BHT start-up cost). HaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaa! Cheers.

And this is relevant how?