7-Eleven Joins Thai Police In Fighting Crimes Against Foreign Tourists

webfact

Please do not belittle the 7 - 11 staff who must be giving up vast amounts of free time to help the poor downtrodden tourist instead of going about their normal duty of dithering about at the till or the microwabe or overfilling the fridges and playing with his or her blackheads and pimples.

This is an excellent idea by our crime responsive policef orce............. Now they can leave it to 7 - 11 staff to sort out the crimes against tourists and leave themselves more time to get on with the more lucrative work of ripping off, conning, scamming tourist or anyone else they can get their hands on.

.I take it the new 7 - 11 force will have a police type fitted uniform and handcuffs and of course guns and will be issued with tiger 200 motocys.............all this in order to adequately and effectively chase and aprehend the various criminals who latch onto the unsuspecting tourist.

No doubt like most other news items reported in t v this brilliant idea will die the ususal death after 3 days

t-card.png

Are you a Foreign Tourist? Are you sick of having to carry around cash to pay a constant stream of demands for bribes?

Then Royal Thai Police and 7-11 are delighted to announce the all new

T-Card!

The T-Card makes paying Tea-Money a breeze! Credit may be added at any 7-11 or participating bank ATMs (150 Baht transaction fee applicable on all Foreign sounding cards).

Next time you are asked for a bribe by an official, simply look for the T-Card! logo on their helmet, cap or tattooed on the palm of their greasy outstretched hand.

Caught shoplifting at a 7-11? T-Card holders are entitled to a 20% discount when purchasing justice.

10% discounts my be available, subject to status, when buying your way out of trouble at

participating airport duty free shops.

Thailand - the world's 96th most corrupt country, but aiming to be number one!

Ha ha, they always look confused and sheepish when I asked for marlboruogh lights, with a mumble to another staff member like "ari wa".

Like they're really are gonna understand if I tell them I have been pick-pocketed or whatever, what a joke!

You could stroll in there on fire and they would be baffled when you asked to be put out.

They'd think you wanted sliced up hot dogs with a microwaved bun on the side.

Edited by TimeBandit2

1. As someone already mentioned staff at 7-11 hardly speak any English

2. So a victim is to walk around from 7-11 to 7-11 trying to find which one can help?

3. Whats the kickback to 7-11?

4. What would be a response time? 24 hours?

5. What about Family Marts? why not involve them and also may be the tailors, since there is one on every corner.

Now they say staff have undergone special training, what training was that? Police does not have any training, so what did they teach the 7-11 staff? How about having the "great little helpers" the farang volunteers stay at those 7-11, since there is no shortage of them trying to get in.

I dont know what you're all b*tching about, they offer to HELP police, not take over their duties. they hire pretty good people and screen thoroughly. if you cant find police, 7 11 is a good place to check.

why all the unecessary and untrue negative remarks? Why so many complaints? why not just go back to your homeland then?

You are so right ! jap.gif

We have been to a few 7-11's on our last trip to bangkok and the people behind the counter new some english or got one of the other workers that spoke english.

To me this is a step in the right direction.Any help is better than none,

I hate 711's when you go in 1 poor bast*rd is doing all the work while 5 of them are picking their noses and sending text messages - idiots

Here is the only place I have seen 4 standing behind the counter with store full and one cash register open.Like you said others ones picking their noses or scratching their a****s .

t-card.png

Are you a Foreign Tourist? Are you sick of having to carry around cash to pay a constant stream of demands for bribes?

T-Card!

The T-Card makes paying Tea-Money a breeze! Credit may be added at any 7-11 or participating bank ATMs (150 Baht transaction fee applicable on all Foreign sounding cards).

Next time you are asked for a bribe by an official, simply look for the T-Card! logo on their helmet, cap or tattooed on the palm of their greasy outstretched hand.

Caught shoplifting at a 7-11? T-Card holders are entitled to a 20% discount when purchasing justice.

10% discounts my be available, subject to status, when buying your way out of trouble at

It doesn't get better than this folks sign up TODAY!

We have been to a few 7-11's on our last trip to bangkok and the people behind the counter new some english or got one of the other workers that spoke english.

Finally, an intelligent "comment." - Thanks!

:bah: I think it is a bloody good idea.

The 7 eleven's are a farang's 1st thai home when he finds his away around the out backs of Thailand by themselve for the 1st time. So there may be teething problems like drunk Russians trying to talk English but it is at least making an attempt to allowing English speaking falang to make contact with an English speaking police link when you need most to be to have some one understand you.

you've clearly only stayed in the rubbish tourist filled excuses for 'thailand' real thailand "out backs" doesn't have 7 elevens.

Finally, an intelligent "comment." - Thanks!

Yes, i hear next month tailors will be joining immigration police to help them deal with all the visa's

and Jet Ski rental company's will be joining Traffic police to help them deal with traffic infringements

Edited by kuffki

t-card.png

T-Card!

You made my day, thanks!!!!!

The 7 eleven's are a farang's 1st thai home when he finds his away around the out backs of Thailand by themselve for the 1st time. So there may be teething problems like drunk Russians trying to talk English but it is at least making an attempt to allowing English speaking falang to make contact with an English speaking police link when you need most to be to have some one understand you.

you've clearly only stayed in the rubbish tourist filled excuses for 'thailand' real thailand "out backs" doesn't have 7 elevens.

The REAL Thailand not only does not have 7-11, but does not have much of anything else, but i guess that is why it's REAL .

More powerful than a supersonic jet, faster than a speeding bullet, YES IT`S 7 ELEVEN MAN.

Below is a photo of a Farang 7 - eleven customer before the introduction of the new scheme and a photo of a newly recruited 7 - eleven fully trained staff farang protector, hired at great expense for our benefit.

post-110219-0-31395500-1288960824_thumb.

post-110219-0-08426800-1288960844_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Well when they do start running the country from the "7" it might actually work better than it does now, until they realise that 7/11 is not a Thai Invention then they will probably ban them, cant have any farang entity being succesful unless a Thai thought of it owns it or somehow making money from it ! Its Just got to Be Thai :jap: !!!

Personally i think the post that refered to "Stupid Monkey Country" said it best !

Basically this is a good idea.

7/11 staff do know the word for police.

There are not many tourist police stations, so 7/11 should have the

number for the nearest one and get an English speaker or some equivalent

to show up from there.

I do not think there are any tourist police stations, there is only 1.

As per OP staff will be calling the general number not the station number.

Being tourist police, one would expect that all tourist police speak English.

As for understanding "police help, police help" for starters i would not be so sure it will be understood(it always takes 3 go's IN THAI to buy 500 baht phone card, and while my Thai may not be the best, but speaking in Thai and showing 5 fingers and hearing words like DTAC, i would of thought would be enough to get the idea, but sadly it is not and i always need to repeat myself and show my fingers minimum 3 times) So to understand "police help" may be little harder then you imagine.

Not to mention if someone was in such a need, last thing on their mind would be to run to nearest 7-11 in hope its the one that offers help.

And lastly while it might in some freakish way be a great idea, but usually all the crime against tourists d'not occur in tourist heavily populated areas.

Wow, you must speak some seriously bad Thai. I have never had such a problem and my Thai ain't great. Are you sure you're actually in Thailand? LOL

Also, please expand on evidence you have that "ALL the crime against tourists does not occur in heavily populated tourist areas". I personally find that very difficult to believe!

Edited by Alboy666

2. So a victim is to walk around from 7-11 to 7-11 trying to find which one can help?

5. What about Family Marts? why not involve them and also may be the tailors, since there is one on every corner.

Now they say staff have undergone special training, what training was that? Police does not have any training, so what did they teach the 7-11 staff? How about having the "great little helpers" the farang volunteers stay at those 7-11, since there is no shortage of them trying to get in.

I dont know what you're all b*tching about, they offer to HELP police, not take over their duties. they hire pretty good people and screen thoroughly. if you cant find police, 7 11 is a good place to check.

why all the unecessary and untrue negative remarks? Why so many complaints? why not just go back to your homeland then?

They can hardly do their own duties, so perhaps they need to improve on that before taking on new duties.

It always takes 3 of them to scan my phone bill when i come to pay it.

By the sound of things you would be one of those "great little helpers" so what training have you done?

Which parts of the posts did you find untrue?

You state they hire pretty good people, must be because they pay such a huge salary and their people are so great that they change every month or so.

Hope to see you in one of those 7-11 stores helping people out with your knowledge and wisdom.<_<

Actually 7/11 does pay pretty good. compared to other places. Last I saw they were offering 240 per day, I only pay my workers 180 a day and that is considered high pay for our area, farmers are paying workers 170 per day. Im in surin but around here they 7/11 only have 2-3 workers and usually do a good job.

Yeah 7000 baht is a great pay, i am sure for 7000 baht they get cream de la cream, the best of the best.

How is it that in the rest of the world in most 7-11 stores maximum people working at any time is 2, and this is in major city's while in Surin as you mentioned they need 2-3?

In Bangkok and Pattaya they almost always have 5-6, and yet you still end up in the queue. It must be all the skilled labor for 7 000 baht /monthjap.gif

Also in regards to pay 240 would be for the weekend and/or overtime. The going salary for 7-11 and family mart from what i know is 6000 baht

And just another interesting fact to add, since very high staff turnover(must be the great salary) will they be training every new employee? because they would need to do it pretty much every month if not every 2 week. But of course in REAL Thailand it will be different-there are no other jobs around so people do stick around, but sadly this new system is not for the REAL Thailand

Basically this is a good idea.

7/11 staff do know the word for police.

There are not many tourist police stations, so 7/11 should have the

number for the nearest one and get an English speaker or some equivalent

to show up from there.

I do not think there are any tourist police stations, there is only 1.

As per OP staff will be calling the general number not the station number.

Being tourist police, one would expect that all tourist police speak English.

As for understanding "police help, police help" for starters i would not be so sure it will be understood(it always takes 3 go's IN THAI to buy 500 baht phone card, and while my Thai may not be the best, but speaking in Thai and showing 5 fingers and hearing words like DTAC, i would of thought would be enough to get the idea, but sadly it is not and i always need to repeat myself and show my fingers minimum 3 times) So to understand "police help" may be little harder then you imagine.

Not to mention if someone was in such a need, last thing on their mind would be to run to nearest 7-11 in hope its the one that offers help.

And lastly while it might in some freakish way be a great idea, but usually all the crime against tourists d'not occur in tourist heavily populated areas.

Wow, you must speak some seriously bad Thai. I have never had such a problem and my Thai ain't great. Are you sure you're actually in Thailand? LOL

Also, please expand on evidence you have that "ALL the crime against tourists does not occur in heavily populated tourist areas". I personally find that very difficult to believe!

yeah my Thai does not even compare to yours, because you would be almost fluent and get all the tones correct.

now we have the provide evidence crew in town, well how about common sense and some logic?!!!!! How would crimes against tourist be committed in the areas where there are no tourists???? Do you hear of any crimes being committed against a tourist in the remote village of Surin? i have not! This fascinating fact may have something to do with the fact that tourists do not go to remote village of Surin!!! DOHHHH

Now from my post, in which part of usually did you struggle with?would like me to write it in Thai for you???? perhaps then you will have less problems with it!

Ha ha, they always look confused and sheepish when I asked for marlboruogh lights, with a mumble to another staff member like "ari wa".

Like they're really are gonna understand if I tell them I have been pick-pocketed or whatever, what a joke!

It's Marlboro, If one is going to kill themselves with something, one should learn how to spell it and ask for them the proper way, coffin nails please, then point at them while coughing, they will get the message or a smart way is to show them your empty box of poison and please remember, the filter (butt) is Toxic and can kill a baby if ingested also wildlife and contaminate waterways, so please if you need to pacify your self, please keep your Butts to yourself, they also take up to 12 years to decompose.

Thank you Thailand for bringing a smile to my face. Today has been a tough day in the office, i can always count on thaivisa at the expense of the thai police to cheer me. funny story! i feel so much safer now....

BTW when i get pulled over by some traffic cops doing an illegal road stop.... do i also report that to 7-11or should i report that to the post office... tesco.... 55555 ....i love this country!!!!

As usual all the negative people fall out to judge, complain, and make fun of anything that the Thailand tried to do. Probably many who are spouting off do not even live here, OR just want to be heard by anybody. Sad.

C'mon, this is hilarious, do you not have a sense of humour? Can always rely on Thailand to make us laugh.

Nothing sad about this story,  I have been laughing so much at this, funniest in ages. Welcome to Thailand, a clown short of a circus.

Good idea, 7-11 is omnipresent.

7-11 is the first place overheated farang run to trying to escape the heat.

AC on high, cash register open!

7-11 in Thailand has a great business plan, i figure, and it keeps getting more interesting.

+

+1

Hi guys do somebody thought yet we are living in Thailand and we shd speak Thai instead to complain Thai people can not speak English?wink.gif

Clearly English is not your first language, but i did not know that tourists should speak or learn Thai and not other way around

But we have to learn and speak english as Tourists in London Convenience stores ?

"Foreign tourists can file complaints with the respective 7-Eleven staff, who will then contact Tourism Police via the 1155 hotline for assistance."

I wonder if 7-11 will charge 10 baht per complaint filed...kinda like walking in to pay a utility bill. Sorry, I just don't get no warm fuzzy from the thought of flling a police complaint at a 7-11.