Angling ?

justsignedin

I've tried out a few fishing parks and used the usual method. (A sort of coil feeder packed with bread and bread as bait). Back in the UK i used to fish with wagglers (floats) or a roach pole and either loose feed maggots or casters, or fish over a grounbaited area. This is a much more active form of fishing and you are constantly gageing what's happening in your swim. I know maggots are not readily avalible here, maybe you could breed your own, but what about floats, split shot, small hooks such as ignesti etc. I think it would probably be a great method to use in the ponds here.

Has anyone tried it ? and is their anywhere you can get the appropriate gear.

Cheers.

hi, im from uk, and really into my course fishing, i use a pole, or waggler/feeder. im moving to bangkok in jan, and will need my fishing fix also, is there anywhere in bangkok to do a bit of fishing? i gather its hard to get decent hooks + stuff there?

hi, im from uk, and really into my course fishing, i use a pole, or waggler/feeder. im moving to bangkok in jan, and will need my fishing fix also, is there anywhere in bangkok to do a bit of fishing? i gather its hard to get decent hooks + stuff there?

I have heard their are some superb venues in bkk, you will have no problem getting your fix.

But yes, bring your favourite floats, hooks etc with you.

• 4 months later...

There are plenty of tackle shops here. The best way to find them (as I did) was buy a local Thai fishing magazine and get a friendly English speaking local to translate. Or try calling Bug 1110 the information line 15 baht a minute is well worth it as they will tell you the location of the closest one to you. Speaking Thai WILL be necessary though...

There is a remarkable selection of gear available and much that you will be left scratching your head as to what they could possibly do with it.

Often the best tackle shops will be at the actual lakes themselves try Bung Sam Lan on Sukhapiban 1 its holds something like 10 IGFA freshwater fish records, some real giants in there Siamese Giant Carp, Giant Mehkong Catfish etc.

Also worth a look is Srinakarin Dam hire a raft and a guide on a small boat spinning for pla chong and snake head, makes for a great day, though rainy season is best for this style of fishing and always between dawn and dusk, the locals dont bother with any other time its simply not worth it..